TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Careless Little Fly (24-01-2003)

T2 FM - Careless Little Fly (24-01-2003)

Unable to find all four spice bags (playing on Expert). I think I already have four but can't get the last one. Any hint on its location?
    I pretty liked the spider and cannonball thing and the general setting but otherwise it's about average compared to the other missions... also, the spider started attacking me when it saw the pagan woman casting her spells on me, weird.

spoiler:
    one is in the open sitting next to the fire

another is hidden behind the broken mech beast bits at the entrance to the pagan cave

there is one in the hollowed-out tree with the broken arrow on the floor (some kind of defense post)

and I believe one is in a locked treasure chest in the room with the sleeping pagan

As for the spider, maybe you use up your good will with it if it sees you attacking it's masters.

edit: Oops, I played on Normal. I don't know if they bags are moved around between different difficulties.

Thanks, I missed the one behind the mech beast torso... and I don't think their position varies with the difficulty, all the others seem to be on the same place, as far as I remember.

How do you even START here? I can't do doodley-sqat, dude.
    Never mind the burricks!

Sneaky1Kenobi
    Hopper, you must first pacify the spider by

spoiler:
    giving him the delicious rat you just found! Use the rat on the plate sitting by the spider and that should do it.

Very nice mission! The magic light thing (forgot its name) added an element of suspense to the ghosting aspect of the mission.

Heh. I had to learn you can just throw off the webs by "frobbing" them first. After that, escaping the spider was a piece of cake.
    Never mind the burricks!

About Careless Little Fly...

Good evening all!

As you may have noticed now that the contest results are out, I'm the author of Careless Little Fly. While I was creating this little mission, I also started toying with the idea of a 'real' mission with the same theme. It would take place before Careless Little Fly and have a larger forest area where G needs to map out the tribe's defences. Any interest for a mission like this?

As for Careless Little Fly itself, thank you all who voted for it! It was a fun thing to make and I'm glad others seem to have enjoyed it as well. I'd also like to shamelessly ask for feedback; what did you think of it?

Since I'm posting this, I might as well take the chance to advertise my site. It got a completely new look today, something it should have gotten a looong time ago.
    Morrgan's Dark Projects: my FMs and FM reviews - 10.03.2008: All for a Night's Sleep updated to v1.1

I'd love to play the "prequel". Please make more

- schma

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Me too! And the new site looks fantastic!
    The TGG Pt1 screens look wonderful, I hope it gets released soon.

I really enjoyed Careless Little Fly and the only thing I found wrong with it was that it was so short! I'd definitely enjoy playing a bit more of that. I never got round playing all of the contest missions, so I unfortunately abstained from voting. At any rate, CLF and Thief Noir were my favourite missions (from those of I played). Interestingly enough, I guessed that CLF was your level!

What a funny coincidence that you happened to update your website with a new look - I did the exactly same thing today, having being toying the idea around for several months now. Whereas you went into the black, I changed to the light. A snappy design you have there, anyway. And the new screenshots are prrrretty!
    Last edited by Spitter; 6th Apr 2003 at 11:15.
    Responsible for overseeing Studio Trophis projects, Richard's designs are influenced by the best of Japanese console gaming.

I enjoyed the mission as well - it was not so difficult but fun to play and it looked very nice ... sort of homey, except for the obvious fact that I don't live in a cave.
    I'd certainly like to play that, I love pagan-themed FMs...

[Edit]Oh, and I like the new design - both of you.

Morrgan... I love all your missions. And careless little fly... it seemed warm and comforting, and I really like the way you feed the rat to the spider! Your attention to detail really adds to the mission.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I think I'll get started on a prequel eventually, but I want to finish what I'm working on right now first, so it might be a while before it'll be done.

Yandros - Thanks! TGG Pt 1 only needs a map now, and I'm waiting for it to get done. (I don't have enough skill to draw it myself.) Congrats on the contest, by the way! After playing your mission I guessed it'd be one of the top ones.

Spitter - I like your site! It's unusual to see a light Thief site, nice and refreshing. By the way, how did you guess CLF was mine?

Prequel! Yah yah! Makesy onsie nowsie Carless Little Fly has good potential, so make a prequel!

Originally posted by Morrgan
    By the way, how did you guess CLF was mine?
    Hmm. I guess the level just felt very... you. And besides, you thanked Rustibus in the readme, and I know that he's Finnish

I really liked it but like Spitter said, "too short" (but it is a contest mission after all).

I was really impressed by the cave archetecture but couldn't figure out how you did it so I had to go into Drom, very clever. I might end up copying that sometime

Make sure to include a bunch of these caves in the prequel!

Careless Little Fly

How is one 'nice' to a spider, especially a big one?

spoiler:
    feed him

1. look around for something the spider might like and give it to him (i.e., on his plate)
    2. click for answer.

Heheheh I didn't know this

LOL! I'll try that one ...... I always kill the spiders, but this is much more fun

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Thanks for that point, demagogue. It worked well.

Well,

I just don't get it!

Been in every "room" in the tiny cave, got only ONE lockpick (fat lotta good THAT does!), been outside to the hollow tree, and that's it, I see nowhere else I can go and sure as hell can't get whatever is in the still locked 3 chests back in that blasted cave w/out the other pick!

Been in every "room" in the tiny cave, got only ONE lockpick (fat lotta good THAT does!), been outside to the hollow tree, and that's it, I see nowhere else I can go and sure as hell can't get whatever is in the still locked 3 chests back in that blasted cave w/out the other pick!
    The second pick is in a small box in the caves (next to a sleeping Pagan).

Edit: That's assuming you already have the one pickpocketed off the female Pagan.
    Last edited by mordetanz; 7th Dec 2009 at 02:58.

oh hell!

I never got that close to see THAT IT WAS ON HER!

OY! Thanx man!

When it comes to forced ghosting, well, lets just say that I am no Daffyd! So I tend to stay as far away from hostiles as I can then!

Now that I got closer I see that she is quite cute! A bit dirt encrusted, but I bet she cleans up nicely!
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 7th Dec 2009 at 05:40.

bikerdude
    where do I find this mission..?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast