TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Burglary in Blackbrook

Burglary in Blackbrook

This is a thoroughly fun mission, besides being considerably easier than most. And the architecture is awesome. I just have one question:

Where's the sewer key?

I've torn the place apart, top to bottom, looking for it. It's probably on the belt of some guard I bonked and stuffed somewhere ten seconds into the game. I've tried all sorts of things to get through the door. I've tried to pick it (unpickable), hacked at it (metal), even tried to blow it up. I used 14 fire barrels, 2 mines, and 2 explosive charges on it... at once....

Turns out I was standing a little close... and the door STILL didn't open.

Anyone know where the key is?
    Last edited by w_hairst; 14th Jan 2004 at 15:33.
    I am Garrett of Thief. Resistance is futile - you will be robbed. Your individual wealth will be added to my own.

It's on a table in a guardroom, in the prison cell section.

I'm surprised you fellas put up with a half-blind taffer like me. If it hadn't been for Viktoria and those pincers of hers...

Anyway, I finished the mission quickly and easily. (I can't believe I didn't SEE that!!!!!) In the process I also had some fun with chain-reaction fire barrels. Try it sometime.

Thanks for the help, Nightwalker!
    I am Garrett of Thief. Resistance is futile - you will be robbed. Your individual wealth will be added to my own.

I started this mission, but it crashes back to Darkloader after I move foreward a few feet. There are a couple of other Thief1 missions that also do this. I have the latest
    Thief versions and convict.osm file. Is there a fix for this problem?
    Thank you.

That's a Thief Gold mission, so I suppose that could be causing your problem, though I don't think it usually causes it to crash. Try installing the Thief Gold patch and see if it makes a difference. There's a download link in the FAQ thread at the top of the topic list.

I had previously installed the ThiefG patch which came on a CD from a game magazine.
    I did as you suggested and installed the one linked in the FAQ. This patch did the trick.
    It also fixed a serious problem I had with Business at Midnight, which made the enemy invisible to me. I got killed a lot. Now I can see them. Thank you much.

Great! I'm glad you got it working.

Umm, most taffers seem to have found this one easy and I was too until I dropped
    dangerous dave in the sewers
    and found I forgot the golden horn and some loot. The only place I haven't been is the crypt but I can't find the key. Any clues?

Missions completed - I didn't expect to find the entrance to the crypt there! No wonder I missed it. I love the sound effects in this FM - creates a great atmosphere.

BANNED
    Originally posted by LeBaron
    I had previously installed the ThiefG patch which came on a CD from a game magazine.
    I did as you suggested and installed the one linked in the FAQ. This patch did the trick.
    It also fixed a serious problem I had with Business at Midnight, which made the enemy invisible to me. I got killed a lot. Now I can see them. Thank you much.
    Yeah, invisible enemies suck. You feel a hit but don't know where the heck its coming from. (it'd be worse if the invisible enemy was an archer)

This has to be one of the best fan missions I've ever played. I really am quite astonished by it. Well done!
    Stoked with fuel,
    We do the Builder's work.

Quote Originally Posted by w_hairst View Post
    Where's the sewer key?

I've tried all sorts of things to get through the door. I've tried to... I used 14 fire barrels, 2 mines, and 2 explosive charges on it... at once....

Turns out I was standing a little close
    Damn, across the freakin block would be "a little close" for all of THAT!!!

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Sewer key spoilerThe sewer key is upstairs in the Control Room. IIRC it is on the Hams belt

edit: oops! Looks like NightWalker beat me. I should probably read more if I could just remember where I put my last set of eyeballs....Ah! In my Denture glass, not Good!!

btw Garretts Shadow, Years back, I loved towaste the Zombies in the Tomb so much, I added mucho explosive charges, fire arrows, flash bombs. i would also try to blow out all the doors. Loved those days!!
    Last edited by darthsLair; 30th Nov 2009 at 22:22.