TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567121722 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Rowena's Curse (6/6/2003 - V3 released 23/2/2008)

OK one question please. I have the
    spoiler:
    four elemental keys, now what do I do with them?

1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

Originally posted by rb47

By the way this talk of wells and people dying at the bottom of it and that picture of a dark haired Rowena seems similar to the story in The Ring.
    I think that all the clues are in the documents. I will say that you will need to find the well before you can open the three doors you found.

1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

Originally posted by Krush the Second
    OK one question please. I have the
    spoiler:
    four elemental keys, now what do I do with them?
    If you have the keys, then you need to find "THE HOLY SWORD". From there the rest will be obvious.

1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

Originally posted by Haunt-of-DOOM
    Wheres the well room? I have the key but wheres the door?
    It can be found in the cellars of the mansion. But I seriously doubt you have found enough clues or tools to do anything with it when you find it.

If you want to drop me a PM with details of what you have accomplished I will point you in the right direction or tell you how.

Slow down and explore carefully. This is a tough mission, but use your thinking processes. All the clues are there but you need to play mental detective and put the parts together.

It is a damn tough mission. Don't give up.

This will sound like a nit pic but anyway. I think it would have been a good idea for all books and scrolls that we pick up to end up in our inventory which would make it easily for us to just read through everything to work out clues to this pleplexing puzzle

EDIT: I am going to sleep on this and hope my brain works out some of the answers.
    Last edited by rb47; 6th Jun 2003 at 23:00.

WOW!!! This is an amazing mission. It completly caught me off guard. I loaded it up thinking "Oh goody...yet another "break into the house with guards" mission...wee", and then I found the
    spoiler:
    ghost in the bedroom
    and it gave me an UNGODLY fright, similar to playing RTC in Thief Gold so many years ago....Amazing mission. Everyone, this is a must-play!
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 23rd Jun 2003 at 08:55.

1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

Most of the ones that do remain hold the important information. One or two do stay where you read them, but of those few, you should be able to remember the vital facts.

Remember the volumes of material you used to run into in the OM's that you had to remember or sometimes go back to check

The notes nailed to walls as in "keep the maid out of the banner room" -to paraphrase- this is no worse than that.

Hang in there.

Been at this one two plus hours. Playing expert. ( of course) . This is some top notch taffing. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I'm sick of looking

I've been throught this place half a dozen times. When it gets this hard, it stops being fun.

spoiler:
    Where is Alastor's book?

And please no cleverly obtuse "hints". Please just tell me where it is. Thanks.

Going where ya s'pose ta

Has anybody else managed to get into the cemetery without the key yet? Ooh a cemetery. That's original.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    The problem is not where is Alastor book. The problem is that you haven't been in the right place yet. When you'll go in the right place Alastor book will be under your nose.

So you have to put the question in another way, or you can simply stop playing, unless the doctor ordered you to do it.....

BANNED
    Wheres the well house?

Excellent mission so far! But now I guess I could use a little hint:
    spoiler:
    I've found all elemental keys except the water key. I can't figure out how to open the bookcase in the blue room, although I've thoroughly searched the entire room for hidden switches.

I can't find any elemental keys.

Originally posted by Lady Rowena
    The problem is not where is Alastor book. The problem is that you haven't been in the right place yet. When you'll go in the right place Alastor book will be under your nose.

So you have to put the question in another way, or you can simply stop playing, unless the doctor ordered you to do it.....
    spoiler:
    Would i right in guessing Alastor's book is in the Sacristy? That was where Barker was going to meet Isabella, so he would hide it there, but of course i will probably find the key later.
    Last edited by rb47; 11th Jun 2003 at 08:08.

Library

What does the frobable book in the library open?

rb47,
    spoiler:
    You're right. You'll get in there through another way later on.

LeBaron,
    spoiler:
    It opens a secret compartment to the right of the book - there's a scroll in there.

Originally posted by Eshaktaar
    Excellent mission so far! But now I guess I could use a little hint:
    spoiler:
    I've found all elemental keys except the water key. I can't figure out how to open the bookcase in the blue room, although I've thoroughly searched the entire room for hidden switches.
    Buh! i Found the switch, looks like i missed a spot and didn't frob there!
    Eshaktaar you need to look everywhere in the blue room, every nook and space, you will find it.

spoiler:
    Oh dear i can't get the Horn of Quintas, was i not suppose to pick up those golden bones? Or am i not suppose to get the Horn?
    Last edited by rb47; 7th Jun 2003 at 12:05.

Originally posted by rb47
    Would i right in guessing Alastor's book is in the Sacristy? That was where Barker was going to meet Isabella, so he would hide it there, but of course i will probably find the key later.
    spoiler:
    So you have already read Barker's book.....are you sure that you didn't miss anything where Barker was?

I am right at the end of the mission now Lady Rowena. This is truly a excellent mission!

spoiler:
    Oh dear i can't get the Horn of Quintas, was i not suppose to pick up those golden bones? Or am i not suppose to get the Horn?
    Last edited by rb47; 7th Jun 2003 at 12:15.

Did you already
    spoiler:
    "meet" Rowena? If you did, then you have to explore the tunnels behind the grates....you will find a key.

Thanks I'm glad that you liked it.

spoiler:
    Yes alive and in person. At first i thought all i had to do was put the seal back on her and she might go back to sleep I got the red key but that won't open the gate guarding the Horn so i am going try exploring more

BANNED
    When I "meet" Rowena... does she come alive? Is she friendly? I wouldn't ask these but I really don't want to get really scared! So can you please tell me what happens? Thanks!!

Edit: All I really want to know is: Does she come back as a hostile zombie? Because I have nothing to combat zombies at this point...

spoiler:
    When I "meet" Rowena... does she come alive?

Well she has been leaving us messages...

Because I have nothing to combat zombies at this point...

I assume you are far into the mission now... the books mention a holy sword...

How far are you into the mission Haunt of Doom? What level you playing at?

BANNED
    I'm playing on Hard and have found no sign of any holy sword.

Anyway:
    spoiler:
    I'm on hard, so, when I get in the pit, when does she come alive? When I grab the key, when I touch the well bottem, or is it when I approach her sitting "corpse"?
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 23rd Jun 2003 at 08:57.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567121722 ... LastLast