TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910152025 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Rowena's Curse (6/6/2003 - V3 released 23/2/2008)

is the blue room the same room where

spoiler:
    Perceval was in the bathroom?

Yes

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered

About Isabella's diary

It wasn't my intention to hide Isabella's diary. Its only purpose was to tell the story and explain the situation. Therefore, although it's an objective,it is useless to find it in the end of the mission.
    In my intentions, the player had to find it the first time he/she entered the White Room, but it wasn't so.

I shall make another version to fix this and some other problems that came out. I apologize for this.

I am completely stuck. I'm in the room where you need the,
    spoiler:
    elemental keys to get the sword.
    I have not gotten into the graveyard or one of the wooden doors in the main house upstairs. Please help, I don't want to give up but I'm running in circles now. It is something simple I missed I'm sure. I'm also short 4 secrets.

Eshakataar. Thanks for the loot hint about,
    spoiler:
    the guard on the roof. Did you find the candlestick on the overhang above the outside stairs?

spoiler:
    I found the scroll in the library and it said there was supposed to be a key there. Is that the one that is missing per Barker's journel?

I have to congratulate you Lady Rowena on this classic and well thought out mission. If ever there was a mission that tried to appeal to everyones tastes this is it - and it works! After 3.5 hours of play I finally finished on hard but I only seem to have found two of the secrets - knackered!!!!!

spoiler:
    One of the books said a statue contains a secret button. I have searched the three statues just outside ythe back entrance and the strange one on the central courtyard but can't seem to find a switch. Is there another statue?

I just wanted you to know I found the key to open the elemental rooms.

I still can't find the one for a yellow room or maybe I was in the room and it didn't seem yellow. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks

I finally found the Library....it was the only wooden door still locked. Duh!

I've gotten all 4 Elemental keys....

Now what do I do with them?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Originally posted by quinn
    I finally found the Library....it was the only wooden door still locked. Duh!

I've gotten all 4 Elemental keys....

Now what do I do with them?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Since no one seems to be answering, I'll help you if you help me. I am trying to get the elemental keys but I know where they go.

PM me, I have to take a break for a while but be back soon.
    Last edited by Hawklette; 8th Jun 2003 at 14:04.

Hawklette,

Do you have Rowena's Key? If you do, you need to
    spoiler:
    use it on all 4 doors at the end of the secret passages.
    I just found them last night. I have been playing w/ 2-life counts,
    and I'm going to need help too!!!
    I need to get into the locker in Rowena's room and I can't seem to find the key.
    I still need the cemetary key.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 9th Jun 2003 at 08:02.

Awww... I'm a little teary right now... I knew I was a mushy romantic at heart, but it's now official. Comes in handy, too, if the scenario in the bowels of the earth is any indication! I am soon to face
    spoiler:
    Rowena.
    The Horn of Quintus I haven't figured out yet. My loot total, last I looked, was something like 7779. I'll need a little more before I'm done.

This is truly an awesome mission. Very hard, sometimes extremely frustrating, but not impossible, even on Expert. And I like that in places, I could probably have ghosted, but that there's still a great challenge for a blackjacker/undead slayer! Yay for tile floors.

Dbrilliant,
    spoiler:
    Rowena herself leaves you a little present outside the Gate to Hell after a certain trigger event. You might check--if you're far enough along, it may already be there.

Originally posted by Hawklette
    I just wanted you to know I found the key to open the elemental rooms.

I still can't find the one for a yellow room or maybe I was in the room and it didn't seem yellow. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks

Go into the yellow room to the bed, turn right to the window, look in the right corner for a small switch

Well-hidden loot spots, off the top of my head...
    spoiler:
    Garden: Near the candlestick that's on the roof, behind the staircase, there is a grate with a wine bottle. Look up and frob the window sill to open the grate.

spoiler:
    Female Guard's room: There is a little ring out of sight. I think it's in the bedsheets, but it might be on the floor, I'm not sure.... it's near her, though.

spoiler:
    Torture Room: Behind the banner. I actually frobbed it out by accident before blasting!

There are lots more of them. Best policy is, anytime you enter a new area, keep your eyes wide open and wander around everywhere, even in places that look unassuming. The books help, too; that's how I found the second loot spot. And of course the
    spoiler:
    zombies have golden bones behind them. Sneak around the light spots and lean in to get them without being pulverized.

Oh, and also, two more I thought of just now...
    spoiler:
    Barracks: Jump up on the table.
    Lisette's room: Check the far side of the room.

I found 5 of 8 secrets on my first run.
    Last edited by Wynne; 9th Jun 2003 at 02:46.

We are still missing 3 secrets!
    One of them must be the big gate with the Horn of Quintus behind - does anybody know how to open it ?!?!?!

How do you reach the guard on the roof?

Outknockers, can't help you with the horn - I've got the same problem. But there's a ladder at the wall (in the dark) near where the guard is on the roof.

I can't get the Horn, either, but I've had a great time playing this. I'd love to know how to get it, so I can finish the mission. I've spent many, many hours playing this mission and it's a winner! What a beautifully crafted mission! We have been so lucky lately to have all these top notch creations to explore.

Whee, finished it as well. What a great mission! It really has a bit of everything what makes Thief such a great game. Thanks Lady Rowena for this gem!

I took the liberty to take a peek at the mission in DromEd about the Horn of Quintus. I'm not sure, but this might be a bug:
    spoiler:
    The red key that opens the former gates should open the gate to the horn, as well. But for some reason it doesn't

I too am unable to figure out how to grab the Horn.

spoiler:
    I have the red key that opened the four portcullis doors and grabed the gold skulls....that has my loot up to 8379.

Lady R: And on another point regarding a 5th secret I found today...
    spoiler:
    The gold wine bottle that is under some outside stairs can be frobbed without opening the gate via the switch under the window sill...thus not registering the found secret objective. It is VERY difficult to grab but can be done. I just happened to get it to light up on my first try but only for a split second so I was not quick enough to grab it. It took about 3-4 minutes after that to finally grab it. This could cause maddening confusion with those types who just have to find everything. I figure I'd mention it because you said something about making the dairy in the White Room easier to find.

We found another secret now we have 6 of 8
    If the Horn of Quintus isn't one of the missing 2 (the red key doesn't work) - where are they?

I think there is a secret associated with the Horn, though I'm not sure. Which secrets have you found? Send me an email or PM and then I'll be able to tell you which one you've missed that I've gotten.

I just finished this one on hard and that's good for now . The amount of excellent gameplay packed into a small package is great . The one thing I found difficult was the pump house wall , which I did notice , but due to the solid texture thought to be a hidden door to be operated by a switch . If somebody misses the written cue to this door , finding the solution is a matter of chance . everything about this mission was right up there with the best of them . The only minor quibble I have is that the progression of the mission seemed somewhat linear - something that probably can't be avoided with a 12meg. size and still keep such a good storyline . The story was so good I actually felt sorry for killing Rowena .

Horn:

I don't think

spoiler:
    that the metal gate with the Horn of Quintus shall open with the red key and that this is a bug. I guess something is behind this solid 'earth'-picture in the room before to open the Horn-gate (because behind the Horn there also is this earth-picture), but I haven't found a way yet to open this picture. I've only thrown the seal medal at this picture and it slipped under the picture out of reach. So, THERE MUST BE SOMETHING BEHIND IT!
    "Don't dream it - be it!"

spoiler:
    Agreed the well house location was the only thing that had me stumped. i read Duncan's diary about explosives blowing it open again but thought the well house was outside of the house.
    Last edited by rb47; 11th Jun 2003 at 08:03.

I'm sure this must be obvious, but for some reason, I....
    spoiler:
    ...can't find the button/lever that opens the doorway to the elemental area in the Red Room. I saw in a previous answer that it was in the 'resting' area, but I'm still unable to locate it. Thank you.

Also, I have to say how much I've been enjoying this mission. Go Lady Rowena!

1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

V. EQUI
    spoiler:
    Closet. Secret switch. Ladder down. Ladder down. Passage blocked with door. Use Rowena's key. Go through door.

I finished and thanks to everyone who helped me. I would have posted earlier but couldn't get to TTLG.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910152025 ... LastLast