TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891011162126 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Rowena's Curse (6/6/2003 - V3 released 23/2/2008)

Dinksmallwood,
    spoiler:
    You're quite right about those two earth-pictures being connected - but it's the other way. To open the picture in the antechamber you'd have to enter the room where the horn is located. I guess we need Lady Rowena's help on this...

Reeworrr..
    spoiler:
    For some reason I was thinking that Rowena's room was considered the Red Room, and that there was another secret door in there. But I've got it all straightened out in my head now.

Thank you though.

1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

Originally posted by V. Equinox
    Reeworrr..
    spoiler:
    For some reason I was thinking that Rowena's room was considered the Red Room, and that there was another secret door in there. But I've got it all straightened out in my head now.

Thank you though.

spoiler:
    Room Red=Lucretia. White=Isabellas bedroom suite. Blue=Perceval's suite. Yellow=Nellies room

Earth pictures?

what you said about the earth pictures did you mean lady Rowena must help you.....so I have to do something before I kill her? I'm confused

LOL, no I meant Lady Rowena as the author of the FM.

BANNED
    Originally posted by dbrilliant
    Hawklette,

Do you have Rowena's Key? If you do, you need to
    spoiler:
    use it on all 4 doors at the end of the secret passages.
    I just found them last night. I have been playing w/ 2-life counts,
    and I'm going to need help too!!!
    I need to get into the locker in Rowena's room and I can't seem to find the key.
    I still need the cemetary key.
    Thanks
    Theres a healing potion somewhere in one of the rooms (it's not in the big mansion) and food, food gives health.

BANNED
    Originally posted by Chronus
    Yes, on expert in 4 hours, I beat it without getting help once, to answer your question.

And there is an "H" in my name.....

And as for the secret objective (which I also dicovered unaided), you must read close one of the diaries AND have the heart of a romantic.....
    Go soak yer head.

Where art thou Lady Rowena

You have some really confused people here with the horn thing a little help would be greatly appreciated......After my last post I just look like a fool......ah well no one said the life of a thief would be easy.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered

About the Horn of Quintus

I just realized that I mad a stupid error, so the porticullis can't be opened.

What a shame..... I really apologize for this. Sorry. It's one of the things I'll have to fix ine the next version.

m'lady, that is OK, we know you didn't mean for it to happen. This is a wonderful FM, we know it can be fixed. A builders work is never done. Great job, thanks for taffing good time.

Hey, I loved taking my 2 frog beast eggs, and getting the Tree Ent with them. Heh. Save on boardhead arrows. Again, thank you for the attention to detail, wonderful story line.

No need to apologize, Lady Rowena. We're very grateful for the lovely FM. Little errors sometimes creep in, no matter how hard you try to make everything perfect.

I'm face to face with Rowena......but I'm having trouble killing her. I try to ignore the shadows....and get her......but....I keep dying.

I've only found 5 of the 8 secrets....and found 7,819 of the loot.

Playing on Normal.

Any tips on killing her?

Thanks in advance

I found the error with the gate in front of Horn of Quintas. I'll PM Lady Rowena about it.

John

Edit: It would help if I read all of the posts first.
    Last edited by john9818a; 9th Jun 2003 at 22:52.

I've done this part about a dozen times cause it's fun. I made a hard charge towards her at first. Kill the first one and then head for cover in complete shadow behind one of the pillars. Not all pillars are well suited. Then wait for the "clones" to come to you and then wack 'em. You can extend your sword reach by hitting attack and then lean. (This works well for any opponent BTW) Just watch your back when you get engaged you might have to alternate between two of them if they come from two directions.

spoiler:
    I just went straight up to Rowena (the real one not the ghost ones) and just kept hacking away at her until she died. Simple as that, i didn't hide at all.
    Last edited by rb47; 11th Jun 2003 at 08:03.

Re: About the Horn of Quintus

Originally posted by Lady Rowena
    I just realized that I mad a stupid error, so the porticullis can't be opened.

What a shame..... I really apologize for this. Sorry. It's one of the things I'll have to fix ine the next version.
    Lady Rowena would it be ok to tell where the last secret is considering the circumstances?

John

BANNED
    Another error I want you to fix please if you haven't heard about it already: The guard when you come up the first stairs, can see thru the doors. They aren't properly placed together, so the guard can see thru the microscopic crack between the 2 doors. So please fix this!

If you don't like the direct combat approach to Rowena, try this.
    spoiler:
    Crouch when you start to walk out on the platform above where she stands. Go out just far enough to lean over and put out the torch on the back of the nearest pillar. Slide down onto the top of the doorframe to the right of the walkway, then quietly down onto the floor. Hopefully she won't alert. Get into the shadow behind the pillar where you put out the torch, lean around it and start hitting her with broadheads. She'll vanish and reappear someplace else. Move around until you can see her again and hit her with more broadheads. Keep doing that until she turns into the "zombie" Rowena, then use the sword to finish her. At that point it's easy.

Re: Re: About the Horn of Quintus

Originally posted by john9818a
    Lady Rowena would it be ok to tell where the last secret is considering the circumstances?

John
    Well, the last secret was accessible in the where the Horn is. It wasn't the horn itself, but a hidden switch.

Originally posted by Haunt-of-DOOM
    Another error I want you to fix please if you haven't heard about it already: The guard when you come up the first stairs, can see thru the doors. They aren't properly placed together, so the guard can see thru the microscopic crack between the 2 doors. So please fix this!
    Haunt-of- Doom, I checked it just now. The guard can't see the player.
    I just stood in front of him by the light of the torches and he didn't see me.
    Maybe you made some noise.

Re: Re: Re: About the Horn of Quintus

Originally posted by Lady Rowena
    Well, the last secret was accessible in the where the Horn is. It wasn't the horn itself, but a hidden switch.
    spoiler:
    Are you referring to that face, you see when you climb down the ladder? I hit it with my blackjack and it was metal so obviously there's something behind it. Haven't found the switch yet.
    Last edited by rb47; 11th Jun 2003 at 08:04.

The safest way to kill Rowena, no water arrows required, though they wouldn't hurt....

spoiler:
    Lean out over the top of the walkway where you first come out and shoot her with broadheads, fire arrows, holy water arrows, or happy little frog eggs from above. Anytime she sees you or fires at you, just back up out of sight and wait a moment. She will start searching. Move forward and repeat until only the zombie Rowena is left shambling about. Whack her down to an acceptable level, quicksave, crouch, walk off the top of the platform and beat on her arm with the holy sword. Run to Isabella, knock her out, leap down the hole. You, her, and the baby are now relatively safe.

finished it with just 8014 loot... but I did.

this sure wasn't an esay mission, but it's still very rewardin to finish it... good job Rowena!!

OK, last bit of help needed.
    spoiler:
    I'm in the lower level of "Hell". All the Demons are dead, the zombies exploded, Now i need help getting through those 2 doors in the zombie area. I'm assuming the trapdoor above the face is for on the way out? Is there some USE for the seal?

spoiler:
    The way out is the same way you came in. By the two doors in the zombie area, do you mean down in the pit? There's a key down below the central area where you found Rowena, by the two lady zombies. That unlocks any of those doors, if they are locked. They weren't for me, for some reason.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891011162126 ... LastLast