TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112172227 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Rowena's Curse (6/6/2003 - V3 released 23/2/2008)

Easter Egg Hint

Could someone tell me if the easter egg is in the

garden?[SPOILER]

Easter Egg? Do you mean the bonus objective? If so, then
    spoiler:
    no

Hint?

maloo,
    spoiler:
    as somebody stated before, you need a romantic heart for this

Would someone be willing to email me what the bonus objective is? Logic suggests that
    spoiler:
    it relates to Wilson and Lucrethia,
    but I'm about as romantic as a doorknob and it just completely eludes me.

And Rowena, I LOVE this level. More?

spoiler:
    Let me guess the clue is in a book? In Lucrethia's or Wilsons diary? Does it have anything to do with that poem she was reading though?
    Last edited by rb47; 11th Jun 2003 at 08:02.

1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

I'll give you a clue. Not that it will do any good. Check the objectives.

It has nothing to do with what is checked off, but it's there any ways.

Every time I get stuck and ask for help in the forums, I end up figuring it out like five minutes later. It's simple, all you have to do is
    spoiler:
    just kidding, Lady Rowena said no spoilers on this one! >

What a cute little extra!

spoiler:
    I got the bonus objective! Yep this reinforces the advice given so far. The clues are all in the books!
    Last edited by rb47; 11th Jun 2003 at 08:01.

This is going to drive me nuts!!!

What's driving me nuts is that stinking horn of Quintus...
    Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I.

Originally posted by Nightwalker
    spoiler:
    The way out is the same way you came in. By the two doors in the zombie area, do you mean down in the pit? There's a key down below the central area where you found Rowena, by the two lady zombies. That unlocks any of those doors, if they are locked. They weren't for me, for some reason.
    Yes those two doors are locked, Any help??

1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

Originally posted by ukjeeper
    Yes those two doors are locked, Any help??
    You posted the spoiler. Did you read it? Nightwalker told you exactly what you need.

Uhh, it was very impolite of me to not write this sooner:

This great FM is just

I N C R E D I B L E

It's soooooooooooo wonderful. Thank you very much, Lady Rowena !!!

"Don't dream it - be it!"

Re: Re: Re: Re: About the Horn of Quintus

I guess it is safe to say since it is not accessible

spoiler:
    that the last switch Lady Rowena mentioned is behind the gate at the Horn of Quintas, and it opens the metal door with the face on the lowest level of hell. Behind the door is a LC Tapestry with a 150 loot value. The Horn of Quitas has a 300 loot value.

I hope Lady Rowena does not get mad at me for putting this spoiler, but I just don't want people to go crazy wondering where the remaining loot is.

John

Originally posted by rb47
    Are you referring to that face, you see when you climb down the ladder? I hit it with my blackjack and it was metal so obviously there's something behind it. Haven't found the switch yet.

BANNED
    Originally posted by rb47
    I got the bonus objective! Yep this reinforces the advice given so far. The clues are all in the books!
    spoiler:
    Its in one of the diaries, which? Is it in Isabellas? Or can you atleast tell me a few that it's not in?
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 11th Jun 2003 at 08:01.

Originally posted by john9818a

I KO nearly every guard in the mansion and outside, then later found the
    spoiler:
    cache of moss arrows in Barker's room.
    I ended up never using them.

John
    you have no idea how happy I am to read that somebody else decided to JUST come back to that door in the beginning, crept ever so carefully across all that marble, and then near the end came back to see what was behind that skipped door. You also probably feel the pain of smashing your head into a wall (and now have to repair the plaster of your computer room) while screaming "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUC-!!!!!!" Or, maby its just me. Sorry I'm not thinking striaght right now, and I think I have a concussion.
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 10th Jun 2003 at 19:35.
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

Originally posted by Haunt-of-DOOM
    Its in one of the diaries, which? Is it in Isabellas? Or can you atleast tell me a few that it's not in?
    spoiler:
    Lucrethia's diary has the clue, remember play matchmaker.
    Last edited by rb47; 11th Jun 2003 at 08:00.

Originally posted by Wynne
    The safest way to kill Rowena, no water arrows required, though they wouldn't hurt....

spoiler:
    Lean out over the top of the walkway where you first come out and shoot her with broadheads, fire arrows, holy water arrows, or happy little frog eggs from above. Anytime she sees you or fires at you, just back up out of sight and wait a moment. She will start searching. Move forward and repeat until only the zombie Rowena is left shambling about. Whack her down to an acceptable level, quicksave, crouch, walk off the top of the platform and beat on her arm with the holy sword. Run to Isabella, knock her out, leap down the hole. You, her, and the baby are now relatively safe.
    but...but....I don't have any more water arrows....or fire arrows....or....froggies.

I only have 9 or so broadhead arrows...

I am so screwed....

Not at all. You don't need any of that stuff. You have
    spoiler:
    the Sword! I killed her the first time with the sword and didn't take any damage at all. Just keep whacking her and when she disappears and reappears someplace else, keep a pillar or something between you until you can get close enough to start whacking her again.

Then, Quinn, I guess you'd better be able with a sword. Seriously, that's just the safest way to kill her, not the only way.

And if you trigger the bonus objective, you get a small bit of aid, but I'm afraid I can't tell you how to get it, not even in spoiler text. It wouldn't be fair to Lady Rowena. Still, you could think on all you've read tonight, and perhaps you'll come up with something.

And, RB47, dammit, put spoilers in spoiler text! If I hadn't already found it, I would wallop you! It's really not fair to people who want to find it themselves, nor to the author, who specifically asked us not to reveal the location of it.

Originally posted by Wynne
    Then, Quinn, I guess you'd better be able with a sword. Seriously, that's just the safest way to kill her, not the only way.

And if you trigger the bonus objective, you get a small bit of aid, but I'm afraid I can't tell you how to get it, not even in spoiler text. It wouldn't be fair to Lady Rowena. Still, you could think on all you've read tonight, and perhaps you'll come up with something.

I'm ok with a sword...

I did kill her once with the sword...but then I keep getting beaten by the shadows of her. Even if I stay behind pillars they follow me.

I can't keep up with the real one.

I will keep trying though.

No worries about the bonus...if I get it...I get it...if not...oh well...

Quinn, I just finished it, what a ride. Use the pillars, there are a couple of pillars that are darker than others. Hide behind those, scoot from side to side, they'll try and get you, they'll have a hard time doing it. Just whack away with your sword at them, I got rid of them one by one. No damage taken. If they get too close, run to another pillar.

When I finally killed her, the objective *did* tick off, but, she wouldn't really go down. She ended up walking around, this is after a reload. First time, I did kill her, she blew to bit's, and I was killed instantly, she didn't get me. So I wonder. Reloaded, got her, she walks amounst the dead.

Great mission, good fun, thanks so much.

Great mission, as I said in the other thread.

I've been on a loot hunt for the last three days. So far, Nightwalker and I have obtained 8624 of 9459. Accounting for the 450 unobtainable by the horn (according to John), the loot I can account for is 9074, missing 385. I've got 7/8 secrets, which is apparently all one can obtain because the last one is said to be with the horn.

I've accounted for all of the pockets. One pocket missed was an AI carrying a stack of gold coins worth 25. This can only be taken after BJ'ing him and, even then, it surfaces only when Autosearch is on.

Has anyone found more loot than this? Has anyone reconciled the total?

There are quite a few gold items like candlesticks and goblets that are unfrobbable. They could make up some of the discrepancy, if there is one.

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112172227 ... LastLast