TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Rowena's Curse (6/6/2003 - V3 released 23/2/2008)

Actually, it *is* possible to get at the secret that is supposedly impossible (thus getting 8/8 secrets), but you might not like the answer:

spoiler:
    Coax a demon over to open the secret for you. No, I don't mean hit the switch, I mean reach the secret door and 'open' it by trying to step in that direction. I had this happen by accident, but I think you could make it happen with a noisemaker arrow.

I'm still rather low on loot, but it looks like I missed a key.

Also, regarding the combat at the end:

spoiler:
    I didn't even use the pillars. Lady Rowena fires very slowly so you can kill her just by weaving back and forth and whacking with the sword.

Sorry Wynne, which spoiler are you referring to though? All my clues for help are subtle not specific. i've spoilered the post i think you're talking about. But to be honest if you come into a thread for a new FM there are bound to be spoilers whether specific or subtle.
    Last edited by rb47; 11th Jun 2003 at 08:06.

Did anyone get past the guard outside the generator room without alerting or KO'ing any of them? If I start picking the lock he goes into 2nd alert. Seems as if he's linked to the door or the AI have been beefed up a lot. That's a general feel I have anyway. AI are much more responding to sound in several area's. And in some area's you can walk circles around them and they won't do anything.

Yes, the guards are hyper alert in this one. You just have to be extra patient and careful I am fighting the final battle and its tough going. Garret is not a tank! That said -
    spoiler:
    How many rebirths does Rowenda have? I have killed her at least 3 times, the gates opened and demons came out. I have two demons killed with two left, and I ko'd Isabella. When does this witch finally die?
    She's looking very zombie like already, just wondering.. I am out of all weapons except for the H. Sword..

Just out of Curiosity-
    spoiler:
    I noticed at the bottom of the well under the eye symbol there is a metal plate, I didn't see a button anywhere so I assumed it was part of the ladder up somehow. Is this the case?
    Last edited by Sap'em; 11th Jun 2003 at 10:10.
    The problem is choice...

I did it!!!!!!!!!!!

I went back this morning to look again at the diaries and I think I was looking for something more complicated...Nice touch Lady Rowena. This was one fun mission.

Urk, I'm close, I know it.

I Got my sword, and got a note.
    spoiler:
    the cemetary key is in the locker, and I think that is the annoying set of small doors in R's room.
    but, um, where is the key for that ? What did I forget to do?

spoiler:
    Have you been back to the gates of hell recently?
    The problem is choice...

Yes, that is where I found the note, telling me about the Cem Key and where to find it.

I have Rowena's key, a chapel key, and a garden key. None of them open the locker or the cemetary.

spoiler:
    I unlocked all the elements, and got my holy sword. Then came back to the gates of hell for lack of a better thing to do, and found the note. Nothing else.
    I also have done a dern good search of the gate area, and checked it twice after reading I was in the right area.

Is it possible I got a bugged teleport when the note showed up?
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

So what are you being asked to do now? Have you found the items you need in the objective as they popped up? Or have you missed a few thinking to do them later?

Sorry Jabberwocky, I misunderstood where you were at.. I am confused now too and I just played that part. I think .. aw crap, I can't remember.. sorry.
    spoiler:
    I am not a 100% sure, but I thought the note had the locker key with it and the locker has the cemetary key, but then there is just too much detail to remember for me.
    The problem is choice...

Almost there but....

spoiler:
    Killed Rowena but still can't work out how to get the Horn. There seem to be lots of rotating gold discs about but I am now clueless. Been down the trapdoor next to the altar but didnt find anything (except the backdoor to the demons). Hints gratefully received.

Brilliant FM although I would'nt have had a hope without this forum!

Hold the front page...

spoiler:
    just found a key...

The things I have left to do are mostly in route missions. Don't kill William, Don't kill unarmed, get 7k loot and rescue Isabella. And oh yeah, the big one I'm sure everybody knows by now, but I don't feel like typing it, even under blue.

What I have done is

spoiler:
    read the diary, read carlysle's note, find out what barker knows, read the book of alasdor get the holy sword and that OTHER mission you don't even know you have to do until its done

spoiler:
    The way that scroll goes into book mode as you frob it, and then goes into your inventory, am I far off guessing the key is supposed to be under the note, so you have to read the note, then get the key?
    I'm afraid it might have entered the game a little too low, because it isn't there.
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

Update: it was a bug. Fortunatly, I had a older saved game at my last elemental key, got the sword, and the lost key was where it should have been. Thanks for your help tho guys.
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

Help please

i am in the blue room and
    spoiler:
    hit something on the bookcase which i cannot see nor does it light up, but sounds like it is opening something!! what am i opening?

nil8hate,
    spoiler:
    the bookcase itself opens, if you can find the nearby switch. The switch is not on the bookcase. I don't think that the bookcase has a switch. I can't get the bookcase to make a sound. However, it is possible, when crouching on the left side of the bookcase, to open and close the blue chest on the adjacent wall without seeing the chest.

I've just finished playing it for the second time. It's quite a bit easier when you know where things are. Same 8624 / 9459 loot as before, except this time I got 8/8 secrets, up from 7, but I don't know how I did it. I made notes of 7 secrets, and I don't know what the 8th one was. Must have been careless listening to the chime. Anyway, whatever I did to trigger the 8th secret did not result in finding additional loot.

I killed Rowena and her ghosts with the sword. Inflicted 4225 damage (62 on humans with KO's) and took 1 damage, from falling into the well.

Again, I would like to know if anyone has found more loot than 8624 in this version, and I suggest reconciling the loot total before the next release. I would be glad to help in this....

Re: Almost there but....

Originally posted by DG1
    spoiler:
    Killed Rowena but still can't work out how to get the Horn....
    There are a number of posts above in this thread dealing with this. In short, the Horn is impossible to get owing to a bug, and it will be fixed in the next release.

smithpd - I triggered an extra "Found a Secret" where there wasn't one, one time, but was unable to duplicate it. Perhaps the same thing happened to you? I don't believe it's really the 8th secret but a small bug. It was in the passageway from the pit area with the Horn, to the hole where you mantle up to get to Rowena. The nugget was long gone and I was looking around for ways to get at the Horn. While walking up the passageway the "Found A Secret" message showed up on the screen for no reason that I could see.

Makes sense, Nightwalker. That's probably what happened. Usually when I get a secret I know I am frobbing it, so I am more aware. I may have been preoccupied with some other task at hand when it flashed up there.

Originally posted by Nightwalker
    I was looking around for ways to get at the Horn. While walking up the passageway the "Found A Secret" message showed up on the screen for no reason that I could see.
    I had a similar one, but fortunatly was in a better position to see it. I had exploded a zombie in the pit (and dashed back up the stairs to wait for the other zombie to calm down. While it was searching for me,
    spoiler:
    the ZOMBIE opened the elemental panel, on the same side as the doors to/from the horn of Q

This triggered a found secret for me. But I wasn't able to get the door to open again, and it returns to the closed position by itself.
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

Re: Re: Almost there but....

Originally posted by smithpd
    In short, the Horn is impossible to get owing to a bug, and it will be fixed in the next release.
    Any idea when the patched version will be released?

BANNED
    Well, I did find the
    spoiler:
    don't kill the captian dude
    objective, but is that the secret?

When you get the super secret objective, you will get a warm gushy feeling, knowing you went out of your way to help, even though you didn't have to.

Or, that warm gushy feeling might just mean your kid sister left a bowl of jello on your chair.

But really, there are more than enough semi spoilers about this one to help you through it, I just did it because I'm twiZted like that
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

stevo, I've heard from Lady Rowena and she is definitely working on a "fixed" version. I have no idea when it will be ready for release, though. This is a mission that I will be quite happy to play through again and probably many times in the future. Simply wonderful in all respects!

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823 ... LastLast