TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Rowena's Curse (6/6/2003 - V3 released 23/2/2008)

some help please!

i cannot open
    spoiler:
    door in torture chamber....cant find a switch or something....and i cannot find key to sacristy....or what i think is sacristy, the only door in the chapel i cannot open

oh yeah....and i could really use !
    spoiler:
    rowen's key!
    !

please....an answer before i go to bed....or rather...SO that i can go to bed
    Last edited by nil8hate; 13th Jun 2003 at 01:10.

1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

Re: some help please!

Originally posted by nil8hate
    i cannot open
    spoiler:
    door in torture chamber....cant find a switch or something....and i cannot find key to sacristy....or what i think is sacristy, the only door in the chapel i cannot open

oh yeah....and i could really use !
    spoiler:
    rowen's key!
    !

please....an answer before i go to bed....or rather...SO that i can go to bed
    READ the entire thread. All the answers you ask for are already posted. When you find a thread such as this. READ THE DAMN THING before you post. Unless you are the first in line, by the time it gets to 9 pages your question is probably already there.

great mission, although stuck is not the word, i swear i found more then 3 secrets so far, although stats only show as 3 of 8,
    spoiler:
    ok after touching skull and getting transported to room with 5 rock faces, and pressure plate, what can i take with me to put on that plate too keep the rocks from retracting back after i jump off, still cant find the sword but i sure i will find it, got the elemental keys so i guess its back looking for anything thats changed, loot is pathetic 5954. but is there a rock or something that goes in my inventory that i can take to put on pressure plate.

blackman

wow....that was a little strong....i actually have read through all of the posts several times....either it alludes me or the clue i need is not exactly what i am reading...my eyes are crossed trying to search but not read too much so i spoil other things for myself...i try not to post frivolously....please...do not be so rude without all the info...ask me first if i did read all "THE DAMN POSTS"

1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

Sorry the smile at the end was intended to "Ease" the pain.

spoiler:
    Rowena's Key is in a room off the dungeon. The niche near the rack needs some close inspection, and you need to find and read a note in the barracks near the garden if you have not already.

The clue to the Sacistry (although that's not what you really need) is to be found in the library.

spoiler:
    You need to find Barker, and read his notes. Then look around very carefully.

I will say that there is no switch to the "door" in the dungeon, but it will open if you decipher the notes you find, and use your powers of putting 2 and 2 together to get 4.

If you had a PM I would give you more detail. Or EM me, or PM me with an EM I can use to send you some detailed information.
    Last edited by theBlackman; 13th Jun 2003 at 02:17.

1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

Originally posted by wild_inferno9
    great mission, although stuck is not the word, i swear i found more then 3 secrets so far, although stats only show as 3 of 8,
    spoiler:
    ok after touching skull and getting transported to room with 5 rock faces, and pressure plate, what can i take with me to put on that plate too keep the rocks from retracting back after i jump off, still cant find the sword but i sure i will find it, got the elemental keys so i guess its back looking for anything thats changed, loot is pathetic 5954. but is there a rock or something that goes in my inventory that i can take to put on pressure plate.
    Look around the room you are in with the rocks. RUN and check the place out.

Whew! Just finished after 3 days! Well, total mission time wasn't THAT long (3 hours), but I paced myself. This is now one of my favorites, and for a complex, puzzle mission I didn't find myself in this thread as often as I thought I would. I was actually compelled to find (most) everything on my own. Congradulations Lady Rowena, on this truly unique FM, and nice touch with the bonus objective, very thoughtful.

5 out of 8 secrets, found the Horn but could get at it, reading through some of these posts I've realized it's a bug.

Another bug that I've noticed other people running into are arrows sticking in mid-air. I've only had this problem with fire-arrows not broadheads though.

spoiler:
    I got my fire arrow stuck in the gunpowder barrel about 8 or 9 times before it finally blew up.

Lady Rowena, don't get disheartened by these bugs. In a few months people will remember this mission for its difficulty, atmosphere, story and creativity and not by some bugs that can be fixed by Rowena's Curse v1.1 (no pressure!)

Anyways, great fm, hope to see more from you in the future!

Good Job! Brava Lady Rowena!

Your mission is a dramatic turn of mysterical events, great weft and thrilling gameplay.

I found very fascinating the added pictures of some artists, good selection, in particular I love the amazing Torture of Marsia by Tiziano... and... the beautiful photo portrait of Lady Leah-Rowena.

You make honor for the small Italian community

Indimenticabile la descensus Averni!

finished, still stumped on loot, although i know theres alot of none frobbale loot, and secrets still got me stumped 3 out of 8, now either my counter broke or theres alot of secrets i missing which could account for missing loot. maybe lady rowena will post loot through and secret locations in future. but i'm stumped. anyway i'm on to bed.

Originally posted by rb47
    Sorry Wynne, which spoiler are you referring to though? All my clues for help are subtle not specific. i've spoilered the post i think you're talking about. But to be honest if you come into a thread for a new FM there are bound to be spoilers whether specific or subtle.
    The one about the bonus objective, of course, which Lady Rowena asked us in this thread NOT to give spoilers for! Geez.

wild_inferno, if you send me an email, I can send you a loot list, courtesy of Peter Smith, of the loot that IS available in this version, as well as the secrets. There's plenty to finish on Expert, but some of it is pretty easy to miss.

I did finally finish this one on expert. Lady Rowena - That was one hell of a ride! I say this one goes down in the fm history books as one of the more original and well thought out fms of all time.

My stats were weak : just made the loot obj (I was about 1500 short from total) and only 2 out of 8 secrets.

One of the highlights was when I was descending into "Hell" by daughter commented "Dad, you seem so cool and controlled". Maybe on the outside, but inside my heart was going at least 160 and my palms were getting sweaty. That
    spoiler:
    drum drum drum sound
    was the thing that made it so bad. Also know I had to ghost as much as possible due to the fact 1.
    spoiler:
    there were at least 8 demons within hearing range if I killed on of them
    and 2.
    spoiler:
    very few places to hide other than the beggining and at the bottom of the pit.

I think I will wait for the update before I attempt to find more secrets. Great Job by the author... This one is definitely at 10.
    The problem is choice...

Originally posted by Nightwalker
    stevo, I've heard from Lady Rowena and she is definitely working on a "fixed" version. I have no idea when it will be ready for release, though. This is a mission that I will be quite happy to play through again and probably many times in the future. Simply wonderful in all respects!
    Thanks, Nightwalker. Since I'm an FM-newbie and have so many other FMs to play, I'll wait for the patched version.

forgive me for being stupid, but what is the Sacristy? ive never heard that word b4.

i plrbly been there but id like to know what it is to make sure.

btw im still trapped in hell i killed about 4 demons at top. does anyone know if they can be blackjacked?

From Merriam-Webster sacristy: a room in a church where sacred vessels and vestments are kept and where the clergy vests.

As for BJ the demons, I never tried! They sound like haunts so I just assumed they'd react to the same things. I killed most of them one time and the second time, crept past most of them without being noticed. It's the tensest part of an FM that I've come across in a long time. Very good atmosphere!

My foolhardy arse tried to blackjack them. Save your internal organs, it dosn't work.
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

ty Nightwalker! i suppose thats the locked room in the chapel that opens with
    spoiler:
    Rowenas Key

i agree im still on like the 4th level down into the pit. i lure the demons up and i go and hide on a shadowed tomb and when they come i lean out and whack em

Lady Rowena, was hell an attempt at a recreation of Dante's Inferno?

thanks for trying to blackjack the demons, Jabberwocky, truly a brave taffer you are.

BTW did anyone know that a treebeast can be blackjacked to death (if youre safely tucked away like under that tree in this FM. i let my frogbeat on him then blackjacked him to death. Surprised the taff outta me )

Help please...before my eyeballs fall out

i am in torture room and
    spoiler:
    cannot find rowena's key....i was able to get some loot from behind a banner by just clicking away...
    but the banner is still intact and i cannot see anything else....i have been all over this place!!! i have b's notes and the others from his area but i am really dense or well, probably just dense!!!

DUHHHHHH....i knew i needed that for something....finally got through
    Last edited by nil8hate; 14th Jun 2003 at 01:52.

You don't necessarily need to ghost the demons, if you

spoiler:
    Go to a spot far away and shoot a noisemaker. You need to gauge the distance so only one or two come. Otherwise you'll get more of them, which will be bad. Position yourself correctly, and a good backstab will get one, even if they're alerted.

Noisemakers are quite handy on this level in general.

wicka meets thief

Geez,

I still see trickster demons coming up ramps trying to thwart all efforts of progress with undead crawling out behind bars.
    This FM toook me by complete surprise after being stumped and trying to find all the objectives.
    A real creepy story line.
    Rowena's screaming laugh made the game feel soooo realistic and emersed me in frantic.
    My fingers got bruised from my bow cranking off arrows an an intensive rate at this point.
    I am still looking behind me for another Rowena respawner.

This one might just raise an eyebrow from ycats direction.

Theres alot of hard work and major artistic conception thats been created here.

Congratulations,you almost pulled off getting me to retire with a few coins left in my pocket, after running with an unconscious objective upon my back searching for the nearest exit in a frenzy.
    Also, Thanks for keeping me awake at night with night vision goggles and a semi-auto to keep me company.

Thanks Rowena,

heh

dealasteal

nil8hate:
    spoiler:
    ok to get you back on track, remember the powderkeg and fire arrow in shed by door to kitchen, well grab the keg and fire arrow and carry keg to torture room, and place in arch way with wall that looks odd, and then blow up powder keg to continue on. you also find the answers to your other questions as well on this trek..

well i got pee'd off so i turned on lock cheat, now i finished mission with all 8 secrets with help of nightwalker, 8974 out of 9459, although i prolly could find this loot. well great mission.

thans wild

i actually did get it....finally....sometimes you just need to go to bed and start fresh!!!!!!!!!!

Rowena...this game rocked!!!!

Gotta tell ya....this is my favorite so far and i have played a ton of them....this was a game all by itself....do you have more? i want!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe that this is Lady Rowena's first. I sure hope it wont be the last. This is without a doubt the best premiere mission for any author, and one of the best missions out there!

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924 ... LastLast