TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Addon - The Mansion of Quintus (2 FM's)

Upcoming Addon - The Mansion of Quintus (2 FM's)

Hi there! First of all, this is not my addon!!! Stahri, a german taffer just asked me to translate this for him. He and another taffer, called Bauler, are the creators. So, here's his text:

"As some of you might have noticed, Bauler and I are working for a quiet long time on an addon for Thief 2, named "Das Quintuanwesen" (The Mansion of Quintus).

Here's a short explaination:
    1st mission:
    At Thief 1 you had to find the legendary Horn of Quintus. Unfortunately it was a fake (found out later). Garrett shall find the real one, but he refuses. So he finds himself in prison. From then on my mission begins (on the way to the mansion) and the main objective will be to flee and to get to the mansion...This won't be so easy like it sounds.

2nd mission:
    Then Bauler's mission begins (the mansion), where the horn is hidden. Here the main objective will be to find the horn.

I hope I could wake some interest and I would be glad to hear some responses. And I think Bauler would be glad, too, who's on a vacation right now.

BTW, meanwhile I created a Trailer with ingame-scenes (Unfortunately german only). :-)

Have fun with the download!"

He told me the release would be at the end of 2003.
    Wanna know his page for further information and screens? It's http://mitglied.lycos.de/quintusanwesen/

For Screenshots, just click on "Bilder" (second button on the left) and don't forget to check out the trailer.

It sounds very interesting and the screenshots look great! I couldn't get the trailer though. I think maybe the site has hit a bandwidth limit or something? I can't read the message, of course, but it shunts me back to the main mission page. I'll try again tomorrow.

Too bad, but I still can download it by left-clicking on "Trailer" and again left-clicking on the filename (NOT right-click and "save as"). worked fine for me.

I'll try that. Thanks!

edit: Nope, it still won't work for me. * sigh*

Damn it. Which browser are you using? Could you copy the error-message into this thread?

I'm using IE, the newest version I think.

I tried to copy some of the text from the page, though it doesn't stay up long, so I don't know if what I got is the actual error message or not:

Tripod
    Sie befinden sich hier: LYCOS Startseite » Tripod » Externer Referer
    Lycos Tripod Homepage Building
    Sie versuchen, auf eine Datei zuzugreifen, die auf einer privaten Mitgliederseite auf Tripod kostenlos gehostet wird:
    http://mitglied.lycos.de/quintusanwesen/Das Quintus Projekt-Trailer.zip

Um auf diese Datei zuzugreifen, müssen Sie in den Account über die Startseite der Mitgliderseite einsteigen:
    http://mitglied.lycos.de/quintusanwesen
    (Weiterleitung in 5 Sekunden)
    Maybe it's just my computer?

eep

was that DIO or Iron Maiden in the background??

@ Nightwalker: Sorry to hear that. Did you open http://mitglied.lycos.de/quintusanwesen/ ? Then simply leftclick on "trailer", then simply leftclick on the filename? I'm sure you did. Maybe you try http://mitglied.lycos.de/quintusanwesen/index.html and then the rest of the procedure. I have no other idea right now. Sorry.

@necrokrome: Stahri told me, the band's called Hammerfall (What a nice name, isn't it? )

That sure is one purty trailer. However did you make it, such... high quality?
    Is there some sort of a program that does it?

-Alexius-

Stahri told me, he used fraps ( www.fraps.com ) for getting the sequences (640x480) and then he made it up with pinnacle studio version 8.

BTW: What does purty mean?

I have no idea why I couldn't download it, but thanks to Lady Jo, who put it up on her site for me, I've finally seen it. It's very impressive! The mission itself looks lovely but you also did a wonderful job on the trailer itself, MadBull!

Taking a break
    BTW: What does purty mean?
    It's U.S. slang for 'pretty'

Wow ! Excellent job on the trailer .

Originally posted by Nightwalker
    ...The mission itself looks lovely but you also did a wonderful job on the trailer itself, MadBull!
    You misunderstood me. I didn't make the mission or the trailer. Stahri is the creator. I just opened this thread and translated it for him, because he isn't good in english.

Yes, I did misread that. Well then, tell Stahri he's done a marvellous job! Thank you for taking the time to post the storyline and link for us.

Clearinghouse
    Sorry for bumping an old thread but this seems like the best thread for this old video.
    Das Quintus Projekt Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsmJu-uQkLI

Was this FM released or abandoned? I don't recall ever hearing anything about it.

This
    abandoned

That's too bad. This is yet another abandoned FM I would have loved to see finished & released.

13 years have passed now. We were young, with big ideas, lots of time and energy. In the meantime many things have changed in our lives but we never gave up the idea of completing this project of creating a FM that will exceed everything that has ever been done.
    We, Stahri and bauler of TERRA PRO independent software & game development studios have worked very hard over the past 13 years on our dream, although we had to face many setbacks. But it was worth every day for you to wait.

Now, we are proud to announce that our huge FM project, the QUINTUS trilogy consisting of the two aforementioned missions with huge maps for hours and hours of gameplay as well as an extra mission kindly contributed by our close friend eDno, is almost ready to be released. Only some minor work is to be done and we are happy to pre-announce a release in this year’s autumn.

Be excited about many details that will set up the gameplay on a new level. Especially a new graphics feature called “the marble world” will set new dimensions in atmosphere and realism.

Stay tuned for more detailed news, sceenshots etc soon.

Builder, let my hand strike true. Builder, in the work I do.

~bauler~
    Last edited by bauler_2; 15th Jul 2016 at 12:31.

Wow that's some strong commitment! Look forward to playing your mission. Good luck with the release

Talk about persistence. Anxious to see what you guys have come up with. You might want to contact Tannar and use the Shalebridge forum for testing before you release.

Quote Originally Posted by bauler_2 View Post
    Be excited
    ok!

Superb news! The mansion looks fantastic, I can't wait.

btw, is this a record in Thief history for the longest built mission?

can't wait

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast