TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lord James' Retreat - July 2003

Re: Tunnel on roof

Originally posted by zonian
    If you get up on the roof (as expert taffers, you'll know how to do that) and run around to the roof above the childrens' rooms you'll find a small tunnel exiting on to the roof which is too small to get into. Does it lead anywhere? Is there a way to get there from the inside? I've finished the game on expert but am just curious.
    zonian

The small tunnel at the back of the house on the roof was a manufacturing defect. It was a mistake on my part. I'll try to be more carefull in future FM.

John

Ghost

Ghosting the guard

[John9818a]

spoiler:
    Did you find it easy to ghost around the guard at the front door while trying to get the master wing key?

Well, yes, actually; I had previously turned out the lights. I crept near him, mossed the ground below the object, shot a rope arrow into the ceiling, climbed up and onto the doorframe, got the object, then slid down onto the mossy area of floor behind the guard (waiting until he was turned away from the door). I quickly moved far enough away that when he turned back, he didn't see me.

Okay, I'm going to try getting up onto the roof. I still have a savegame from near there.

Dafydd

Ghost

Okay....

[John####]

All right, I got up on the roof. Ran around a while.

I have a question: obviously, Mr. D., you intended for people to get up onto the roof; there is no other reason for that 2 x 4 above the Lord's bedroom than to allow people to rope-arrow up onto the roof.

So if you meant for us to be up there -- why didn't you put anything up there? A secret... some loot... some really interesting Easter egg, whatever. It makes no sense to make a point of allowing access to the roof, only to have nothing up there to find.

Did I miss something?

Dafydd

Dafydd

I had placed some 10' iron fences to prevent players from roaming around the roof, but I didn't notice that the underside of the higher roof was rope attachable.

spoiler:
    When you climb up the rope stop at the window and look inside.

John

Ghost

Ropes & Roofs

[John]

spoiler:
    When you climb up the rope stop at the window and look inside.
    Into Lord James's bedroom? But I've already been inside. Is there something interesting that can only be seen looking through the window?

Dafydd

Dafydd

There is a scroll that tells you something you need to finish the game. If you are in Lord James' bedroom then you won't need to worry about the scroll.

John

Ghost

Oh, I get it...

[John]

Oh... you mean the scroll that tells you where the master-wing key is located?

Yes, I read it after I no longer needed that information!

Dafydd

Two years later ...

john9818a - I really enjoyed this fun stress-free mission, thanks !

Thank you Zaccheus. I'm currently working on my next FM, and hopefully it will be stress free too.

I'm stuck. I've been everywhere I could get, but can't find any rope arrows...
    Last edited by Jah; 4th Jan 2009 at 13:49.

Jah

There is a tool box near the back hallway on the first floor. If you are in the kitchen facing the fireplace, go through the doors on your right and turn left and then left again. There is a light switch on the floor near the tool box. The tool box contains a rope arrow.

Thanks, John - I saw the light switch and the electrician's note, but missed the tool box in the dark.

a nice missions congrats.

but i stuck.

how can i geht into the room of the lord.

through the window form outside Garret is too corpulent isn't he?

Have you got the Master Wing key?

If not search the lobby

Spoiler on ledge above front door

Very nice mansion mission, just the way I like them.

Thank you Zajazd. Actually this is one of my least favorite missions because I had a creative block while designing it and I really had no idea in mind of what to do. I started a remake but I decided to focus my time on a bigger project which is getting closer to beta time.

I agree, its a very nice FM, exactly to my taste

Thank you Samantha1!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123