TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Lord Fishkill's Curse (Aug. 22, 2003)

Extra super-warrior

Shadowspawn, I just completed it after a restart and AI appeared as expected. My question: is the extra indestructible eternal skeletal warrior who appears in the Research Centre an intended bonus, or a beneficial glitch?

I've struck him twice, in the same place, after lots of spawnings. Looks really good: a rampage with all the mages firing bolts at him, and the other AI appearing as if he wasn't there. At one stage I had two skeletal warriors leering up at me in perfect unison (Garrett was on top of a bookcase). One disappeared as normal, the other just stood there waiting.

He certainly packs a punch!

Do you have a likely date for the sequel? I've replayed LFC probably more than any other fm, and Garret is eagerly waiting for a cruise. He deserves it.

I actually started this mission before I did LFC, and my expectations were probably set too high. I made LFC to connect the stories properly.

This is a very diverse mission, with a variety of ways to play, and a pretty good story (IMHO). But it involves lots of custom stuff, as well as a new showcase for all my new magic tricks with Dromed.

Half the mission is almost complete. The other half needs room brushing, lights, objects, etc. At least all of the terrain is done. Most of the custom AI are finished, and I've gotten most of the hard things to do working.

Now it's mostly conversations, voice work, readables, sound and music. Still alot to do, but it will get finished. Work has been insane since the spring, and it's drained me so I have little energy to work on my mission at night. Things are slowing down now, all the new development I've done this last year is in final testing, and I think I can get back to a more normal life after end of the year.

Thanks for the inspiration! I'm actually excited to have enough time to work on it to make real progress again.

Here's hoping for a mid 2006 release!

BTW: I guess that warrior was a Death Stage 12 bug or something, they're all supposed to vanish after 1 minute. Makes the game more interesting when random bugs change the gameplay.
    Shadowspawn's Thief Pages
    Darkness is always faster than light. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds the dark waiting for it.

You know, you might be better off using a custom script to check the player's visibility gem, rather than using complex S&R to tell when the player is in full brightness. Send me a PM if you want me to make one for you.

NV,

Except certain kinds of light don't trigger the monsters to appear. That would add an uncomfortable wrinkle to the scripting.

Anyway, it's all implemented in both missions (LFC and the sequel). No sense breaking apart what's already mostly working. Not too many people have expressed problems with this.

I'll think about it, though. And thanks!
    Darkness is always faster than light. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds the dark waiting for it.

With such an elaborately customized mission, there are bound to be a few people who run into bugs. I remember playing this mission and I thought it was very innovative. If you've managed to monkey with the thing to the point that it works most of the time, stick with it. It IS nice to know people are so willing to help other authors though. Thief fans are the best!

*bump*

Any news on To Uncurse A Thief?

No kidding! Lord Fishkill's Curse rates as definitely one of my favourite all-time missions! It was just fantastic! Any news?

Progress has been slow recently, largely due to problems with a few custom AI, and WAY TOO many RL work issues. But I'm still inching along, I mostly need to handle a few more special effects and then all the voice work. If work slows down some, I may be able to get this ready this winter.

Cool...keep up the good work. RL is a real pain at times. I could write books about how its been a pain in the butt lately. I must admit playing FMs is a pure form of escapism for me. And I can tell I'm not alone in this forum. It makes me wonder what I did with my time before I discovered Thief...I am really looking forward to this FM so when you finish it...I will do a happy dance around my house.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNightTerror View Post
    I think the time I spent away from Lord Fishkill's Curse was time wasted, I finally got around to playing it again today. From the monsters spawning in front of my face and scaring the hell out of me, to the mages, to the monkey, to the Garrett comments, *drool* I loved it all!
    That should be Ape. An orangutan is a type of ape. Never, ever call the Librarian a "monkey".

You really need to have read Pratchett to get the full effect of this series. I hadn't when I played Lorgan's Web and didn't quite understand the story.
    So at least read "The Light Fantastic", "Guards, Guards", "Eric", and "Night Watch". Although one of my favorites is "Thud!".

Was playing this again, and whatever I was trying, Jimmy's mom went through all the motions, but did not actually give anything.

Tried bringing him over and standing with him on my hands, or dropping him off at once, or mid-convo... Even restarted and made a clean start->meeting->wizzes->jimmy->mom run, with same result.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Master Garrett, did you read the note that you got? It tells you exactly where to go to meet the Keeper, at least the first time.
    spoiler:
    Go out the bedroom window onto the ledge, turn left and mantle up onto the bell tower at the end. Turn left and go a short ways until you see and open area below you to the left that has some big generators in it. Climb the ladder down and check the back wall for a secret door. Try flashbombs or holy water on the skulls.
    Can anybody give me some major hint?
    I cannot locate the door and its opening

...........Pllllzzzzzz?....

I'll email you a screenshot that should help.

Hi I need help,and have four questions....

How do I get in the locked ladder/grating in the chimney.

Can I get anywhere near/in Angelwatch?...I keep seeing it in the distance and get quite close but no joy....

Where is keeper Orlo?...I have been everywhere and cannot get a key for anything!

How do I unlock the basement of the mages tower

Sorry...they are probably stooooooopid questions,but I am Poorly tonight and have a raging sore throat and headache and cold...so Garrett is not on top form...ha...but I really want to get thru this fm!...

Hettie xx

Thanks for helping me find this great FM. It's called LFCurse.zip

WTF? How could I miss this mission?? It was really great and fun to play. Just love T. Pratchett

Is the sequel to this mission already released?

The latest news link from The Phantom's Page - here

"Slow Progress"?

Water cistern

I'm replaying this gorgeous mission and I've come to a part I can't do. I don't recall what I did here the last time I played, and I can't find this question anywhere here.

It's on top of a roof through a steel door into a water cistern. There's a shaft above which is lined with wood. I can put a rope arrow into it at the top where there's a crawlspace like a ventilator access.
    But I can't get off the rope arrow on to the level crawlspace. I miss and fall into the water, over and over again. There aren't too many places to stand to fire which limits where the arrow goes, but I have tried this so often and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I really love this mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyril View Post
    I'm replaying this gorgeous mission and I've come to a part I can't do. I don't recall what I did here the last time I played, and I can't find this question anywhere here.

It's on top of a roof through a steel door into a water cistern. There's a shaft above which is lined with wood. I can put a rope arrow into it at the top where there's a crawlspace like a ventilator access.
    But I can't get off the rope arrow on to the level crawlspace. I miss and fall into the water, over and over again. There aren't too many places to stand to fire which limits where the arrow goes, but I have tried this so often and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I really love this mission.
    Yes, that mission is always a pleasure to replay. For the water cistern, there's just one way you can go in the ventilation and it's not by the water cistern (unless someone has succeeded to climb there, I was never able unless in the Thief 2 demo). You can access it by the tower where two guards (archer and swordsman) are patrolling around near the housebreakers hideout (where's there is a hole in a roof and rats inside it). Like in the official mission Life of the Party. You will see a ladder going in that ventilation. Hope this is not too much confusing.

Wow, i'm so happy to have discover and completed this incredible mission. Nice work man, one of the best FM i've played \o/

(i've converted the fm in 32bits before playing it, no bugs at all, everything is perfect)

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Here's a fix for the loot that the player can get when the jumper has been saved. fortuni reported that it's not working.
    The author used a script that doesn't exist (PlayerFrob). He used a old school S&R setup that worked back in the days, but now, computers are too fast. It doesn't work any more. I had to rewrite the pseudoscripting conversation.
    Some hints
    1. First, always do the underground objectives first (grab amulet, bring code book back). This will remove the cursed spawning monsters
    2. Mum will give you the reward as usual. You'll get it in a conversation.

Yes, it's called "AI_Converation"

Code:
            DML1//Lord Fishkills Curse//Fix Loot in Rescue Jumper Conversation//miss21.mis.dml

+ObjProp 1601 "ScriptTiming"    
            {   
                "" 100
            }
            +ObjProp 1601 "Scripts"           
            {
                "Script 0" TrapRelay

}
            +ObjProp 1482 "Scripts"           
            {
                "Script 0" TrapDeadfall

}
            +Link 1601 1482 "ControlDevice"
            {
            }
            +Link 2123 1601 "ControlDevice"
            {
            }
            +Link 1482 1931 "ControlDevice"
            {
            }
            -StimSource 1931 "MoneyStim" 

-ObjProp 1929 "AI_Converation"

+ObjProp 1929 "AI_Converation"
            {
            // Step 0
                "Actor" "ActorOne"
                "Flags" "[None]"
                "Conversation: Action 0" "Remove link(Flavor,Destination(s),Source(s))"
                "   Argument 1" "ControlDevice"
                "   Argument 2" "MomThanksConv"
                "   Argument 3" ""
                "Actor"[1] "ActorOne"
                "Flags"[1] "[None]"
                "Conversation: Action 1" "Remove link(Flavor,Destination(s),Source(s))"
                "   Argument 1"[1] "AIWatchObj"
                "   Argument 2"[1] "Jumper"
                "   Argument 3"[1] "Mother"
                "Actor"[2] "ActorOne"
                "Flags"[2] "[None]"
                "Conversation: Action 2" "Frob object(Target Object,With Object)"
                "   Argument 1"[2] "EndofPanicFrob"
                "   Argument 2"[2] ""
                "   Argument 3"[2] ""
                "Actor"[3] "ActorOne"
                "Flags"[3] "[None]"
                "Conversation: Action 3" "Goto object(Object,Speed,Motion Tags)"
                "   Argument 1"[3] "Player"
                "   Argument 2"[3] "Fast"
                "   Argument 3"[3] ""
                "Actor"[4] "ActorOne"
                "Flags"[4] "[None]"
                "Conversation: Action 4" "Face(Angle,Object(-1 for angle relative to self))"
                "   Argument 1"[4] ""
                "   Argument 2"[4] "Player"
                "   Argument 3"[4] ""
                "Actor"[5] "ActorOne"
                "Flags"[5] "[None]"
                "Conversation: Action 5" "Play sound/motion(Sound Concept,Sound Tags,Motion Tags)"
                "   Argument 1"[5] "jm003"
                "   Argument 2"[5] "LineNo 1"
                "   Argument 3"[5] "Conv42"
            // Step 1
                "Actor"[6] "ActorOne"
                "Flags"[6] "[None]"
                "Conversation: Action 0"[1] "Play sound/motion(Sound Concept,Sound Tags,Motion Tags)"
                "   Argument 1"[6] "jm003"
                "   Argument 2"[6] "LineNo 2"
                "   Argument 3"[6] "conv11"
                "Actor"[7] "ActorOne"
                "Flags"[7] "[None]"
                "Conversation: Action 1"[1] "Frob object(Target Object,With Object)"
                "   Argument 1"[7] "BringGiftB"
                "   Argument 2"[7] ""
                "   Argument 3"[7] ""
                "Actor"[8] "ActorOne"
                "Flags"[8] "[None]"
                "Conversation: Action 2"[1] "Play sound/motion(Sound Concept,Sound Tags,Motion Tags)"
                "   Argument 1"[8] ""
                "   Argument 2"[8] ""
                "   Argument 3"[8] "Worldfrob 0, AtWaist 0, WithSword 0"
                "Actor"[9] "ActorOne"
                "Flags"[9] "[None]"
                "Conversation: Action 3"[1] "Frob object(Target Object,With Object)"
                "   Argument 1"[9] "GarrettThanksB"
                "   Argument 2"[9] ""
                "   Argument 3"[9] ""
                "Actor"[10] "ActorOne"
                "Flags"[10] "[None]"
                "Conversation: Action 4"[1] "Add/Remove Meta-property(Add/Remove,Mprop name,Target Objects)"
                "   Argument 1"[10] "Remove"
                "   Argument 2"[10] "FrobInert"
                "   Argument 3"[10] "JGFrob"
                "Actor"[11] "ActorOne"
                "Flags"[11] "[None]"
                "Conversation: Action 5"[1] "Add link(Flavor,Destination(s),Source(s))"
                "   Argument 1"[11] "Contains"
                "   Argument 2"[11] "SaveGift"
                "   Argument 3"[11] "Player"
            // Step 2
                "Actor"[12] "ActorOne"
                "Flags"[12] "[None]"
                "Conversation: Action 0"[2] "Add/Remove Meta-property(Add/Remove,Mprop name,Target Objects)"
                "   Argument 1"[12] "add"
                "   Argument 2"[12] "M-DontGoHome"
                "   Argument 3"[12] ""
                "Actor"[13] "ActorOne"
                "Flags"[13] "[None]"
                "Conversation: Action 1"[2] "Remove link(Flavor,Destination(s),Source(s))"
                "   Argument 1"[13] "ControlDevice"
                "   Argument 2"[13] "DadThanks"
                "   Argument 3"[13] "HasJumper"
                "Actor"[14] "ActorOne"
                "Flags"[14] "[None]"
                "Conversation: Action 2"[2] "Frob object(Target Object,With Object)"
                "   Argument 1"[14] "DadSees"
                "   Argument 2"[14] ""
                "   Argument 3"[14] ""
                "Actor"[15] "Unused"
                "Flags"[15] "[None]"
                "Conversation: Action 3"[2] "Nothing()"
                "   Argument 1"[15] ""
                "   Argument 2"[15] ""
                "   Argument 3"[15] ""
                "Actor"[16] "Unused"
                "Flags"[16] "[None]"
                "Conversation: Action 4"[2] "Nothing()"
                "   Argument 1"[16] ""
                "   Argument 2"[16] ""
                "   Argument 3"[16] ""
                "Actor"[17] "Unused"
                "Flags"[17] "[None]"
                "Conversation: Action 5"[2] "Nothing()"
                "   Argument 1"[17] ""
                "   Argument 2"[17] ""
                "   Argument 3"[17] ""
            }

@Unna Oertdottir: What does one do with .dml fixes in order to implement them?

You need to copy&paste the whole of that code and save it in notepad.

To save it correctly, save the file name as: miss.xxx.mis.dml (where xxx is the number of the dml shown on the top line of the code, in this case miss21.mis.dml) and Save as type: All Files.

Next simply pop the dml into your FMsel mission folder, that is usually found C:Games/Thief/FM's/mission name. The dml is often saved in your docs folder, but may be different if you last saved a notepad file in some other folder.

Finally you can not use old saves with dml's, so you will need to restart the mission from the beginning.

Last edited by fortuni; 27th Aug 2018 at 14:45.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Use FMSel/NewDarkloader to install the FM.
    In the FM folder, create a txt file. Copy+paste the code there (everything).
    Save it as miss21.mis.txt and rename txt-->dml

Next time you start the mission, the dml will load

edit: or do what fortuni suggested

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast