TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Is there a Druid Search handicap in UW2?

Is there a Druid Search handicap in UW2?

I've got my Druid up to 11 points of search but I am still unable to find the secret door near the giant rats and goblins in Britannias sewers. I can remember playing with other charachters and being able to open that door quite early on in the game with not much search points. Its a little bit annoying having to keep travelling down there to see if my search level is high enough. And with Nelson about to be killed soon, I'm running out of time. I can't really remember what was in that room though, besides Shalathian dream spice.

[quote]Originally posted by twisty:
    I've got my Druid up to 11 points of search but I am still unable to find the secret door near the giant rats and goblins in Britannias sewers. I can remember playing with other charachters and being able to open that door quite early on in the game with not much search points. Its a little bit annoying having to keep travelling down there to see if my search level is high enough. And with Nelson about to be killed soon, I'm running out of time. I can't really remember what was in that room though, besides Shalathian dream spice.

SPOILER

I don't think any of the plot events are time dependent. The Nelson/Patterson sequence happens after you speak to Zoranthus in the pits of carnage.

Yeah, I'm aware that UW2 is not time dependent, its just that I'm almost at the point that you mentioned and I am wondering how much search points are necessary. The Druid is the only charachter that I haven't used before. I must have played UW2 at least 20 times or more before. I still haven't tired of it yet (or UW1), not even after all of the years that it has been out.

I've never EVER increased the search skill, and had not much trouble finding secret doors. They should be mostly apparent on the map no matter what your skill, and they will ALWAYS say secret door when clicked on (unless they are special, like some in UW, which need the crystal or somesuch). Maybe you forgot where the door is?

I'm also simultaneously using another savegame with a Mage who only has 2 search points and he found it right away. I had to wait until my Driuds search was at 12 before I could get in, not that its an important room or anything anyway.