TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Night Falcon (Sep. 4, 2003)

Help! Where is the information i must find to complete my last objective? Meaning what plans for Garrett he has? On the second mission, Still!

I just found the
    spoiler:
    shackles in the prison that opened up another door!
    I must have gone around the whole Mansion about 20 times looking for that and the same number of times inside the library looking for the
    spoiler:
    book you can frob to get under the stairs.
    I am not enjoying this mission at all. There is too much searching for hidden things to be had.

Sluggs

Originally posted by MadBull#34
    There will be no update. Christine quit DromEd! She spend more than 1 and 1/2 year to finish Night Falcon, which was supposed to be a Good-Bye-Present. We shouldn't say thank you. We better should hunt down all those 'bugs'.
    Christine is quiting DromEd!

NOOoooooooooooooooooo

But, but, but in my few short months of playing FMs her's have become some of my favorites.

Ahhh well, I wish her well in her other endevours and thank her for all the contributions to our favorite game.

I just started playing the first mission, A Shopping Walk, and I am having trouble getting all the equipment collected. I found a couple of secrets in the huose, but I still lack lockpicks and a blackjack. So far I have only rope and water arrows.

Originally posted by Auriga2us
    I just started playing the first mission, A Shopping Walk, and I am having trouble getting all the equipment collected. I found a couple of secrets in the huose, but I still lack lockpicks and a blackjack. So far I have only rope and water arrows.
    Auriga2us:

Check the kitchen carefully, especially by the water-filled bucket

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Originally posted by wild_inferno9
    spoiler:
    leave the laboratory. The monastic church --Go back to the input area and open now the doppeltuer. You are now in the church.The Hohepriesterin has the key for the two secondary rooms with him, opens both areas, leaves the doors untouched openly. We need now only the holy hammer of the designer. Leave the church room and go to the left, opposite the statue is a window. At the column right a small switch is, operates it, it opens the window. In the small area behind it the hammer lies
    I could only find 1 statue and didn't find any switch at any column near it.

Melissa,
    I have already been to the attic but it appears empty?

Originally posted by Auriga2us
    Melissa,
    I have already been to the attic but it appears empty?
    spoiler:
    When you climb up the chimney, go all the way to the top of the ladder and look for a switch. THEN go back into the attic.

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Now here is a silly question

but I am stuck in the first mission because I cannot find my landlords house. I have gotten all the other necessary quests, and I have his key, but I cannot find which lock takes it.

Thank you.

Ethne- If I remember correctly (and I hope so or I'm gonna feel foolish)-

spoiler:
    As you exit your house, to the left is a building, and at the end away from you will be a ladder. Did you go up there and through a house? A little ways past that should be the landlord's.

I am also stuck trying to find the landlord's house. I got the key for it and have not been able to find a door it works on. I can find no more frobbable doors. I also used the key to try to re-lock all doors I had picked, but no dice there, either. I just need to know where it is geographically with respect to other landmarks.

Another problem:

The first mission crashes to the desktop frequently in a few areas. If I look up or look at the fish it crashes. The worst place is anywhere near the canal with the water in view. The second worse is the fish pond in the park. Lowering the resolution to 640 x 480 enables me to limp through looking down, but it is not 100%. Does anyone else have this problem? I've got an Athlon 1.2, a Geforce 4 Ti 4200, and a SB Audigy, with 512 MB system memory, running under Win2K. No other thief missions have given me such problems.

Shaz -- Thanks. I fount the landlord's house. I went that way, but I must have been distracted and failed to continue along the path.

Thank you

I didn't know there was anything in that direction. I just assumed it was a continuation of another building.

A Shopping Walk

I think I'm stuck. I've traversed as much of the this level as I can find, even what looks like the exit piont
    spoiler:
    The gate to Lord Wellhofer's estate. I,ve also got Marek's key, though I,ve tried it on every door I can find with no luck.)

I can't find the Warehouse quarter which has Marek's house.

spoiler:
    In the canal (near the Theatre) there's a hidden door at the left hand end. I searched high and low and can't find the trigger switch. Is this door an entry or an exit.

I would like to thank Christine for another excellent mission.

I hate to say this smithpd, but you may have a bad download. My system is fairly close to yours and has no problems except for slight slow-down in the areas you mentioned.

*SNIFF*

Still nobody has helped me with my question above.

Could someone PLEASE help me?

I'm not spending any more time looking for that info. I want to move on to the next mission now!

Sluggs

only problem i've had so far is mission 3 hammerite somethin, it totally not playable everything goes in super super slow motion, even sounds, are super elongated, i gave up or i woulda helped you by now shadow. but alas, out of 7 missions only the 1 dont work is pretty good considering.

so if anyone knows of a place where i can get another copy of that mis file. shadow best advice is look at walkthrough to help ya.

*DOUBLE SNIFF*

I have accidently deleted this 170mb mission! I recovered the file but it didn't work any more. I had deleted some smaller ones too but they recoverd fine. I shall not be downloading this 170mb file again. I forgot that i did not back them up to CD!

Sluggs

Thiefmissions.com

If Darkloader was able to unzip the mission, you know it wasn't currupted. So there isn't much point in trying to get another copy of the mis file, as it will be the same as what you already have.

Winzip couldn't open the file so Darkloader wouldn't be able to either. There was no point in trying. But you have given me an idea. The mission must still be saved inside my Thief2 folder!

I have been playing the mission but i had deleted a copy of the zip file in my Temp directory. I'm off to recover the mission from my T2 directory.

Thanx,

Sluggs

Oops no. That idea was silly. Once you delete the zip file in your missions directory then that's it - Kaput!

I'm what you call - STUFFED!

Oh well! I wasn't enjoying all that searching for buttons anyhow!

Sluggs

Damn, sorry to hear about that. I feel for you but how about this? After recently trying to play Half-Life beyond the first level, i managed to finish the game (just to be able to say that i've played it) and when i tried to uninstall it through the Sierra Utilities, it erased the H-L and (Bonus!) the directory above it. I could bear losing my GTA3, i could bear losing all my mods for GTA3, i couldn't care less for losing my Deus Ex installation etc, but damn, erasing both Thief Gold and The Metal Age plus a folder with the past few months' Thief missions (which of course was the most important as it wasn't saved on a CD or DVD)? Sacrilege! To Hell with Sierra. King's Quest VIII had done this crap again a couple of years ago, i guess i didn't learn my lesson back then. "No more Sierra games", i thought back then. Unfortunately, no more fan missions either, at least a large part of it.

Funny thing was, when i understood that sth wrong was going on, i cut the power from the damn thing. Only Ruins of Originia was left in the folder. Ah, thanks a lot, but that was the ONLY file that i had already stored on a CD and i didn't care about it. Now i'm still trying to figure out what i've definately lost and regain it. I suppose H-L 2 is gonna do the same shit once you unistall it, so i hope those idiots show some respect to the greatest game series ever and add a routine to their unistaller that will erase everything else EXCEPT Thief.

Sorry for the long reply but there are still guys who can be unluckier than you (if it makes you feel a bit better). BTW, i have to apologize to Epithumia for almost reaching my "quota status" in the past 2 days at thiefmissions.com, i am trying to catch up but i'm almost there.

I feel much better now!

I too have had this happen to me. I un-installed Half-Life and it deleted everything in my Games folder too! I lost all my game saves!

Why oh why do they not test games out properly before release? It's as bad as selling faulty goods. In fact they are doing just that. Hidden and Dangerous was one big faulty good! Great game though, if you enjoy falling through the floor in the middle of the mission and those lemming AI's who get themselves killed by a passing train or by trying to swim across a river!

Anyway, i'm off shopping!

Sluggs

PS. I could have sworn it was Thursday to-day! How time flies when you are having fun!

Hey guys,

I'm stuck on the second mission. Could anyone please help?

spoiler:
    I cannot find the serpentile torch. I've been all over the mansion and still can't find it.

and..

spoiler:
    I still haven't found the scroll. Someone mentioned in an earlier post that it is under the stairs in the big library. What library? I only know of one room with books....it's a big, giant room with one guard in it and it has a locked door in the corner. Is that the library? If so, what stairs is everone referring to? And how do I open that door?

Thanks for any help you can provide me.

Poirot:

spoiler:
    There is a key behind a bed headboard at the end of one of the hallway (i believe the bedroom is red) That key opens those doors in the library to go to a larger library. The secret room is under those stairs. That is where the scroll is. (Look very carefully on top of shelving on that back wall of the secret room for your scroll.)

I hope that is clear enough. I'm still looking for the Torc myself

Found the Torc

spoiler:
    It's in the same part of the library as the secret room. If you look up towards the ceiling you will see a banner hanging up there, the torc is behind that.

I hope you have better luck reaching it than I did...

Where do I find out what the Lord has planned for me?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast