TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Night Falcon (Sep. 4, 2003)

There's a
    spoiler:
    Torch in there to frob!

Sluggs

mission 4 The Cathedral

Just finished mission 4 The Cathedral - and have all my objectives ticked off, but for some reason when I get back to where I'm supposed to be (where I started), the mission complete screen just doesn't happen. I've walked round and round the city, but I can't seem to finish - and I'm desperate to continue to mission 5!

Anybody had the same problem... or can you help with any tips?

creeping through the crypts is creepy but it works - @#%&!! bats!

Anyone find the
    spoiler:
    sword in #4??? I am missing it....

Originally posted by Hit Deity
    Nah, PM me your address (don't post here) and I'll add you to my one-time mailing list. It's definitely worth playing. Don't mind my bitchin', it's still fun to play.
    Thanks for the offer to mail it, but I have broadband at work, so I download FMs and burn them onto CD from there. I'll definitely download this FM, but I've got over a gig of FMs to play so far, so it'll be a while.

kimberley start heading towards where you started the mission, after you leave the park objective should check off if all else done.

cassee the sword:
    spoiler:
    in one of the grave chamber( if standing on stairs go left to the first chamber) on stain glass window will have a gold hammer, frob it, and entrance will open up in hall to the chapel, sword in there btw flashbomb the bats but dont stand too close to them while doin it

Can anyone tell me where the sword is hidden in the hamerrite chappel in mission 4? I don't understand Wild-Inferno's explanation.
    Last edited by Auriga2us; 8th Sep 2003 at 19:38.

Auriga:

spoiler:
    Enter the crypt and take your first left, then take a right, and then another right. There should be a room to your left. Go in that room and you should see a stained glass window. On that window is a hammer that you can frob. Turn around and go back the way you came. On the way back, you should see that a new entrance has opened up in one of the walls. Go through that entrance and you'll see the sword.

I finished it!!!!! WOW!!!

Thank you to everyone who worked on this project. it was great!

Here's what I ended up with (but I didn't count the number of restarts :-) )

11hrs 7 min 2 sec
    Loot: 35245
    damage dealt: 2334
    damage rec'd: 108

spoiler:
    I died quite a few times with all the vamps and bats.....I hate undead!! But I loved the ice rats, they were cute :-)
    Java bibo, ergo carus, sed tremo malum.
    I drink coffee, therefore I am lovable, but twitchy as hell.

crashing to desktop?

Originally posted by smithpd
    I am also stuck trying to find the landlord's house. I got the key for it and have not been able to find a door it works on. I can find no more frobbable doors. I also used the key to try to re-lock all doors I had picked, but no dice there, either. I just need to know where it is geographically with respect to other landmarks.

Another problem:

The first mission crashes to the desktop frequently in a few areas. If I look up or look at the fish it crashes. The worst place is anywhere near the canal with the water in view. The second worse is the fish pond in the park. Lowering the resolution to 640 x 480 enables me to limp through looking down, but it is not 100%. Does anyone else have this problem? I've got an Athlon 1.2, a Geforce 4 Ti 4200, and a SB Audigy, with 512 MB system memory, running under Win2K. No other thief missions have given me such problems.

I am having the same problems all of a sudden on "The brotherhood of the falcon" Inside the snowy castle.
    At the top of the staircase, when i get to where there are 3 vampires patrolling aound here.
    If i take out my bow to put out a lamp or start chopping some bloodsuckers. PooF!
    Back to the desktop!
    I tried restarting,changing detonator settings, resolution, and nada- Zip!
    And i have played all the way to this particular area and it does the same thing over and over...again...
    BA!

Whats up with THAT?

dealasteal

Win ME-512 megRam-128megMSI4400Vid-Pentium4 (2.4mhz)-SB audigy2
    detonator drivers version 3100

Where are the torch switches in the final mission. I found two but the last one eludes me for 12 hours.

Bats

I can't seem to get through the crypt thanks to those bats. I shot one with an arrow, I think it exploded (and I died).
    Is there any other way to kill them. They find me, even if everything is dark. I'm still in the first room down there.

.......... caropr

ok. survived.

........... caropr

Night Falcon

hi all..If anyone is interested in a German to English translation, I found a free translator
    program at http://www.freetranslation.com. Just copy and paste text from Chirstine's Homepage Walkthrough at http://hometown.aol.de/zinkchristine/nf.html/. into the text body and press "free translation" It comes out somewhat vauge but you get the jist of it.
    Does that make sense?? I hope this helps.
    TomN
    Last edited by TomN; 9th Sep 2003 at 12:24.

TomN: i agree it is a good walkthrough, and i did translated it to english which now sits in my wordpad.

adyre ok the 3 switches you need find in the last mission:
    spoiler:
    1) one is in an office downstairs, right behind the desk to the right side, kinda hard to see 2) is behind the broken metal door by a corner, right behind it by the floor, 3) beside the banner across from the dining room on left side

walkthrough

make sure to right click and save target as when clicking on walkthrough to save it.
    here is an english version of christines german walkthrough, i changed it to english and made it less vague then the translator would give you if you tanslated it.

Night Falcon attention Sluggs

Thanks Sluggs, for the help. We had found that torch and tried shooting it with a fire arrow, and even throwing the blazing oil at it. We never thought to just jump and frob it. Christine must have a wicked sense of humor. Who ever thought of having vampires, vampire bats and vampire spiders in a mission. We sure hope she doesn't call it quits for good as we saw in another post.

Re: crashing to desktop?

Originally posted by dealasteal
    I am having the same problems all of a sudden on "The brotherhood of the falcon" Inside the snowy castle.
    At the top of the staircase, when i get to where there are 3 vampires patrolling aound here.
    If i take out my bow to put out a lamp or start chopping some bloodsuckers. PooF!
    Back to the desktop!
    I tried restarting,changing detonator settings, resolution, and nada- Zip!
    And i have played all the way to this particular area and it does the same thing over and over...again...
    BA!

Whats up with THAT?

dealasteal

Win ME-512 megRam-128megMSI4400Vid-Pentium4 (2.4mhz)-SB audigy2
    detonator drivers version 3100

I was having crashes at the top of the marble stairs also. Once I got outside or
    off the marble it was fine. I think it may be a sound related problem.

Sxerks

Dual AMD2100
    2GB PC2100
    SB Audigy
    GeForce4 Ti 4600

OK, I am on mission 5. The Mysterious Tower, it is VERY choppy for me now. It didn't start out that way, the farther I got into the mission, it got worse, I am in the Hammerite Cathedral right now.

I had very little problem with choppiness until now. Any suggestions? I really wanna play this. Have enjoyed this so far.

2.0 Ghz
    Pent 4
    512 DDR Ram
    GForce Ti 4200 128
    SoundMAX Intergrated Digital Audio

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Whenever it goes choppy for me, I'll save, quit, and restart. Sometimes I even restart my computer. This seems to fix the problem. I don't know if it will work the same for you, but it's work a try!

Thanks but, tried that, restarted from my one save that I had, even rebooted the computer. Lowered the resolution, even lowered the resolution on my video card. Nada. Nothing.
    I will restart that mission again, and go from there.

Ok update time, I restarted Mission 5 again, The Mysterious Tower, I figured out, where the problem was.
    spoiler:
    In the cemetary, when you frob the torch, it opens that gate you can enter into the area with the tower, that's when the problems started. So, I avoided that area. I didn't find much of anything in there anyway from the previous play, so I avoided it all together. I figured there would be another way into the tower, and there was, I got the gem.

I am stuck on how to get into Lord Hafners place. So far so good, with everything else.

[edit] not stuck anymore, found my way into Lord Hafners place, now just need the bracelt, for now I am done, off to sleep. [/edit]
    Last edited by BrokenArts; 10th Sep 2003 at 00:38.

First mission balcony rope arrow

Hola Taffers,
    The balcony I think a couple of people were complaining about (opposite Marek's house), can be gotten.
    spoiler:
    You just have to shoot the rope arrow into the bottom of the balcony rather than the railing. Then when you climb up, just mantle over. There's not much up there though (that I saw) just 25 gold.

I'm having those "back to desktop" things too....

This is really annoying as I've been so far and nothing I do, seems to solve it.

BANNED

Help please! Loved the mission right until the crypts in the monastery. Those f#@$%g bats are hideous, they make it all but impossible to advance through the crypts without getting whacked every 10 seconds. I try creeping, but that does not work either. What gives?

THE BATS ARE DRIVING ME BATTY!
    Last edited by IHateTheUndead; 10th Sep 2003 at 10:16.

I had some problems too with them, douse the torches, I did, after that, it was easy to make your way through the crypts. There are enough shadows and corners to hide in, get out of the area where the bats are, one you douse the torch, get out of the area, time the Vampires movement, and keep going. Try it, I hope it helps.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast