TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Night Falcon (Sep. 4, 2003)

Thanks Nightwalker! Got the bracelet. I am still wondering if you can get into that house with the window by the cathedral, and there is a metal door in the sewers that i can't open.

Never mind! Found the key, mystery solved. On to the next level!
    Last edited by Spiderkat; 21st Sep 2003 at 21:26.

Alrightie...I need some new advice please. I tried again from different angles and showing I was in dark even with my bow I was dark. That @#$# Bat still attacked me! So I figured OK, you son-of-a-gun, if your going to attack me no matter what I seem to try, I'll just reload, take my shot and get that darn torch out and take my licks. Well I did, he did and I ran up the stairs to get away for a bit. Then I came down and got into a corner to watch for the Vamps...and the damn thing attacked me again (in dark). So I decided to heck with it and pulled my Dagger and started slashing at it. It got me a couple of more times but finally killed it...and it did it's little explosion thing alerting some of the boys so again I hightailed it up the stairs to wait them out. When I came down it was very quiet. So quiet in fact the Vamps stopped talking. They have not spoken since unless when I put out another torch or whatever and someone is close enough by(?) that I get warned again about being there, etc. But no-one close enough to find me. The Bat left behind that red mist and not sure if they can see it as it's in a corner and viewable when they come out of that first room but not when they go in, so not sure if it's in their line of vision or if they are even aware of it?

So now with them not saying their little chants, it's even kindof harder to get around and they seem to all be still on some kindof alert even though they're not searching at this time. I'm now currently in the room where you get the Fire arrow and have put out that flame so I can look out doorway to watch and wait.

My question is now...can I get to the room where the Septer is without going elsewhere from where I am to get to it? No side rooms for unnecessary stuff, I'm not that interested in getting all the loot. I just want to get Septer and get to the room where the other switch/torch is so I can open Grave area and get the heck out of here. I'm getting a little frustrated trying to dodge these characters and I would rather not have to deal with another Bat! Especially since I don't have a good hiding place to run to as I did at the stairwell and if I should have to kill it too, it will surely alert these guys again because of the explosion. I see a statue straight ahead with a skull on it...is that the way I have to go to get to room with it??? I'm also running out of water arrows, I have three left and so I can't spare any extras, only those places I really need to use them now and hope I have enough to get me there, in and out again!

So could someone please give me some direct way to go so I can get this darn level done? Ta and Good Hunting!
    It's not how you win, it's how you play the game! HAVE FUN!

Final note on pockets picked. Exactly 6 short in each of the missions 3 through 6 inclusive and 5 short in mission 7.

I have a problem with the cathedral mission, it won't end.
    When i have all the objectives and walk back to town nothing happens.
    Anybody else who has had this problem, or knows what to do about it?

Thanx

A couple of people on the newsgroup had the same problem. I'd suggest using Ctrl+Alt+Shift+End to complete the mission and then you can continue on with the next one.

The Fire Eater,
    spoiler:
    I'm trying to get to a position where I can help you out in the crypt in The Hammerite Monastery but I don't have a good save and will have to work on it a bit. And the framerate is too low for me to use DromEd. In the meantime, I have discovered that the dagger will provide additional stealth when in hand. Select your dagger and carry it while moving and your light gem should show darker. I don't know if this is enough to get you through but give it a try. Also, I have been able to get by that first bat reliably. Not every time but pretty much. Something that may help with this is selecting the dagger as soon as the Water arrow is loosed. That way Garrett is again in full darkness before the Water hits. Also stay outside that first room until the bat settles down to its original circular sweep. It seems to have trouble finding that doorway sometimes and bumps into the walls. Kinda comical really. Okay, I see what's going on. In one of my trials with this first bat it ran into the wall and stuck there. And I recall that from my original playthrough. It is formidable if this doesn't happen. I was unable to sneak through this first bat room.

From the statue with the skull to the scepter, go north-east-north-west. Also from the statue with the skull to the north torch switch go north-west-west-north-west. Or to the south torch switch go north-west-west-south-west.
    Last edited by Old Man; 22nd Sep 2003 at 16:39.

Thanks a lot Old Man I guess then, due to a glich of Bat running into wall and sticking was the only way that made it possible to get by the Bat I think that should be fixed cause that's not a fair setup to be able to get it done without alerting the darn thing to attack you if your in the dark! In fact, when I think my shooting bow/arrows and in a dangerous situation, I immediately hit my button to put weapon away. Now this thing about the Dagger...that's very weird too. Doesn't seem like it should do that in normal play? And believe me I was dark this whole time of trying to put out torch...not even any change of color when using bow?

It's been diffucult enough and don't need to redo it to try out theory of carrying Dagger except now from where I am in this game I appreciate very much your taking time and effort to help me out and giving directions I guess I'm going to have to use another water arrow for sure at this other torch that's in the passage before you get to area of Statue with skull...very busy there with lots of Vamp patrols I can't even see a good hiding place around there because of all the activity that seems to not leave any safe place I have been in a couple of places earlier where I thought I was out of the way but due to multiple Vamps coming together and having to pass each other, pushes them over so that one of them has bumped into me...alerting and then causing my death Sometimes they even get a little stuck at a corner trying to pass each other...these should have been made wider passages so that if Garrett needs to get out of the way when they come through (like behind/along side a piller)...it wouldn't cause his discovery IMHO.

I know Christine tried very hard and since she decided to finish it herself to get it released has my utmost praise for doing so. It just seems like there could have been some tweaks in this regard and the Bat thing? Double trouble with Vamps that are very difficult to deal with let alone a Bat that attacks regardless of your position and showing your ARE dark! Still don't know if I can get past this part of it even so but I'll try my best (lots of reloads I'm sure)...and I do still have my two Invis potions and I know there's another to be had but don't know if I'm able to get to it. Wish there had been put more water arrows down in these rooms somewhere And yes, I found the ones when you first get through Hammer door. Don't know however, if that's a health fountain or holy water at the top...didn't test it. Do Holy water arrows work against these Vamps??? Why have I got them otherwise? Can they be BJ'd successfully? I need to get rid of some if I can to make it a little easier for me...

Again thanks much. Ta and Good Hunting!

The Fire Eater,
    spoiler:
    Whoa! Hold on! I just reread your earlier post. I thought you were already at the statue with the skull. Dang! Okay, from the room with the Fire Arrow to get to the Sceptre go South-East-North-West, then, from the Sceptre to the second secret torch switch go East-South-West-West-West then either North-West or South-West to the switch you haven't done. DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE STATUE WITH THE SKULL. YOU DON'T NEED TO GO THERE. I'm gonna fiddle a bit and see if there's a way to get by this stinkin' cheater bat.

Well, I pooched it, The Fire Eater. I was playing around with this bat but I wanted to do a save so I could try different things. I had a save in the chapel, just had to go get the hammer. But I went back out through the stained-glass window which I'd jimmied open with the hammer in my quick-save and saved over my good save. And then I couldn't get back through the window. I'd have to start over this mission from the beginning. Not going to bother. I did get all the torches and candles out from the room with the bat but he got me doing the last one. In complete darkness, by the way. So, I hope you can manage from here. Luck!

I had problems with that bat, too. I finally
    spoiler:
    destroyed him with a fire arrow while I was standing on the stairs, then ran all the way back up into the room at the top and waited for everything to settle down. It was much easier to just avoid the vampires once that bat was out of the way.

Well all I can say Nightwalker was that must have been a pretty darn good shot with it flying all around Good girl !!!! However, when you came back down where the Vamps still doing their chants or did they quiet down like what's happened to me? Every little thing I do seems to set them off just about now In a way it makes it a little easier to distringuish their comings and goings and not so muddled up with their voices too but on the other hand...with more quiet makes it easier to hear me too I guess Like when I shoot a water arrow and I'm pretty sure no one is too close, someone still manages to hear it...and I can tell by their voice, they're not too close at all

Old Man...I'm so sorry your save got pooched, LOL in trying to help me and I realized that the directions had to be backwards as I checked my compass, etc. I tried some different stuff just to see if it could work in trying to eleminate one of these guys. Dang, nothing worked. I tried putting down my gas mine on top of a moss area I had put down (primarily for me to run across at some point) but thought in the meantime I try this to see if a silent (no alert) gas mine could knock one out....nope!!! Then another time I was near one of these pillers I mentioned, got discovered...took some hits and ran like h...ll up the stairs. This one pursued me and while he was still down on the stairs away from me, I took out my fire arrow(s) and started shooting him....nope...didn't do any good either! I think these guys were made just too tough to even try to get rid of a few of them while your trying to get around. Seems they made this part strickley a "ghost" area and for those of us who don't/unable to ghost in this manner (and to make matters worse, choppy as all getout), is very unfair to try and get through this level. Forced ghosting in this kind of situation is not my cup of tea in the least...

Well anyway, I finally decided after sizing things up that I'd try to time it and start running to my left and when I got close to door way slurrped an invis and kept going. Second try at this worked and got behind Crypt safely and Scepter/goods. Was forced to use two more arrows in order to get out to the other room where I could see them coming and going. I have one invis left and one water arrow I did finally run out of there and currently hiding along side another piller down that hallway straight ahead, and seems like I'm safe for the moment...but according to what your second message said, I need to get back to the area of the Fire arrow room? If I try to go straight ahead from there (which would take me into area of that Statue with skull)...and I think that area in one of the chests is that other invis potion? However, there's that stinking torch lighting up that area as to make it impossible for me to try and get it. So now I'm rather confused as to where to go. By the way, you seem to have given me one too many directions...as in getting to the Scepter from where I was...it was just go East-North-West and all the way to the back.

So now with your newer directions...not sure how to interpret them? You say I don't need to get into area with that Statue...so how in the heck am I supposed to get over to that side of this darn crampy area/passed these Vamps while trying to get to the other switch? LOL Do you think it would be easier for me to try from my starting position at entry (stairs) since I already put out that one candle on the right side from room with ex-bat? Then try to go down left ILO right when I got the other switch done first (ID'd as the North switch I guess)? Would it be closer from that place instead of where I'm at now to try and get to it that way since it seems to be a little south from there? Kindof like the opposite side from where the one I did would be located?

I'm almost tempted to leave, go back out to that pond and see if I can manage somehow to get those other water arrows! I swear when I was in it, I didn't see anything but then I was concerned with frobbing out that mushroom light in the middle...but trying al little to see if there was loot rather than the idea of water arrows. Regardless, I couldn't get out and had to reload to get to before I went in. But now I'm wondering...is that Hammer door the way out or is this another door that ppl mention? Wondering, cause I know ppl have said it had to be opened with a switch...so if I did leave, that Hammer door should still be open right? or not?
    I desperately need more water arrows or I don't think I can finish it....

Well I got sortof long winded but had much to discuss/ask about my situations. Thanks for anything else you can reveal that will allow me to get thru this mess Ta and Good Hunting!

The Fire Eater,
    spoiler:
    I'm going from memory now so caveat emptor! If you didn't put something to block the hammer door, it closed when you started down the stairs to the crypt so you cannot get out that way. It's either reload before or forge ahead. You've only got the exit to get to now anyway so you'll be finished with the crypt if you get out that way. And then you cannot get back in because there's a dive from a height and you cannot get back up that way. I realized after I'd posted that my directions to the scepter began with a south move that was really just exiting from the Fire arrow room. Sorry. Anyway, from the start where that pesky bat was to the secret switches go west then either north-west or south-west. Or, if you are close to the statue/skull there is a route west from there too but its not clear in my memory. You'd come out near the southern switch. Luck!

Just as a side note, that bat got stuck in a wall more often than not while I was checking it out. Of my dozen or so attempts it ended up stuck in a wall more than six times. The dragonflies got stuck in the rocks too. Now that I think about it Garrett got stuck in the walls around that tunnel too. And tossing a flash bomb, as a starting move, down the stairs into that room kills that bat. That upsets the vampires, though. And now I've got a bad save so I'll have to replay anyway. May as well do it now as later. Just not looking forward to the slow framerate. Turning is just a guess sliding the mouse when there's no quick visual feedback. Well, hopefully I'll remember all the good hiding spots this time. Should go a lot quicker.

Update: Haha. Okay, I've played it through again. And am happy to report that the bats can be Ghosted entirely. I started down the stairs with twenty Water arrows and up the stairs with the Gem with no Water arrows but I got those bats. Unless there's one there someplace I didn't spot. There's the one at the bottom of the stairs and another swooping back and forth in the hallway near the Sceptre and finally two frollicking above the Gem. Is that all of them? If there are more I'll have to try again. Well, I have to do it again anyway it seems.

Can someone confirm for me, please, that if the first stained-glass window/door isn't allowed to close properly when Garrett starts down the stairs, then the stained-glass window/door exit does not open. I can't get out! Waaaa ....
    Last edited by Old Man; 23rd Sep 2003 at 07:38.

Old Man...hmmmm, that darn door closes behind you huh? Well that lets out going back to try and retrieve anymore water arrows. I think I only had about 13 or so when I started down so now that's what's hurting me for put outs!

When I got over to the next area on my way to Scepter, I heard that Bat but since I used invis...got passed it and not sure but maybe it got stuck cause I don't recall hearing it now that I'm in that hallway down at the other end as I said behind a piller next to the doorway at the end. I can see much light on the other side and figure it's from that same torch I spotted when in the Fire Arrow room? But I still can't risk using my last water arrow there as I'm sure there is light again in the other switch room. In fact I'm concerned there's two of them again and won't be able to make it dark enough for me to hide in.

So I have a drop down to get to that blood pool and Gem and a couple more Bats...darn. However, since you say Flash Bombs can do them in, I have plenty of those, at least at the moment if I don't use any while trying to get to the other switch. Of course I'm blind as a Bat (pun) when using them so don't know if I'll be able to use them and escape. Damn, why did they have to make this area so tough??? I am playing "Normal" difficulty and didn't figure I was in for such a hard time...but I think eiher way would still be very hard even if I played it "Easy"? I chose "Normal" cause I am a reasonably experienced Thief player and the loot amount is what made me choose it.

I still don't understand how you could Ghost that first Bat in particular??? Did you distract it somehow to go elsewhere when you made that torch shot? But then if you did that, would most likely have alerted the Vamps? Well I guess I have no choice but to try and forge ahead cause I'm sure NOT going to start this whole thing over. I don't have any saves other than down here in Cyrpt What I'm wondering now is..

The loot you got, is that your spending cash again in the next level to buy your equipment. And if I were forced to use that Alt+Ctl+Shift+End to finish...doesn't that mess with your money, etc. and/or anything you might need to carry over like the Dagger you got?? Never have used it and not sure how it will effect my game? Ta and Good Hunting!
    Last edited by The Fire Eater; 23rd Sep 2003 at 13:47.

Night Falcon Walkthroughs / Help

Hello Taffers and Taffettes,

I'm glad to announce that the english walkthroughs for the Night Falcon are now available on

Christine's Website

Nightwalker, thank you very much for the revision!
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 15th Nov 2012 at 09:18.
    "Don't dream it - be it!"

I haven't tried using Ctrl+Alt+Shift+End in the series mission like this but I think you should be able to carry whatever loot you have over into the next mission. Just save where you are and try it. Then, if you don't get the loot, just load up your last save and keep on with the level you're working on.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 23rd Sep 2003 at 17:11.

Well now I'm really getting ticked! I made it back to the starting area (near stairs) and was in doorway watching but couldn't see enough through to the other passages...so I tossed out my Orb (on moss mind you) and someone heard it!!! HEARD IT and started warning and a search I guess...I hightailed back up the stairs but would have lost my only Orb so I quit and came here to tell what happened Damn...heard my ORB??? That's ridiculous!

Again too, when I was in that other area room of the Scepter near the main passage way (I had a QS there) I had restarted from that point and when trying to run out to get to passage for the Fire Arrow room, my choppyness made me get tangled up in the corners so I headed straight down again and got behind one of the pillers/next to coffin...as far from doorway I could get...and was discovered again! I don't know but it seems their radius for detecting you or something is making them much too aware of your presence. ARGGGGUUUHHHH! Guess when I go back Nightwalker, I'll try what you said but not sure what screen I'll get...cause normally when you finish and hit the continue, it takes you right into the next mission? I'm just about ready to give it up This game has many good and interesting things to see and do but I fear it's just a little too difficult for me to overcome I'll give it one more good try before I do that though.

Also, which is it...I've seen two different versions for quitting game. The one I copied from another post and yours? Ta and Good Hunting!
    Last edited by The Fire Eater; 23rd Sep 2003 at 16:11.

The Fire Eater,

I never could get that one torch just east from within the room with the bat at the bottom of the stairs so I went west and around by the statue/skull and that way and put it out from there. And even with all the lights out, that bat will still get you even crouch-creeping! I got a sense that he's shy. I was able several times to get by crouch-creeping by keeping my eye on him. He only noticed once that way. And that's tough moving sideways and backwards so you can see him always. Finally got to make use of my so-so Quake skillz. Circle-straffing a bat! What next?

You've really dug yourself in a hole with not enough Water arrows to get around this crypt. I doubt I'd have any better luck than you with this handicap. The two bats by the Gem don't seem to bother when Garrett dives and surfaces and grabs the Gem. Never noticed me any time I did it. Just for the record I used five Water arrows in the chapel and twenty in the crypt. The last four probably weren't necessary but I was finished so why not? I believe there's only one lit torch in each of the secret torch switch rooms. But there are four at least in the final room. But you can manage that room. That spider's as blind as a bat. Hmmm ... blind as a bat, eh? I really hesitated to mention that spider but you sound like you need just one more challenge to get you in the proper mood to finish the crypt. She's not really that hard to work around. And if you need directions just think of Yogi, "When you come to the fork in the road, take it."

I use Ctrl-Shift-Alt-End to get to the endgame screen to check my statistics. And you can select continue from there. I'm pretty sure the loot you've got at the end of each mission is what you start out with for the next mission.

Luck!

Sorry, Fire Eater. Mine was wrong. I was in a hurry and didn't check the post afterwards or I would have noticed. I've changed it now.

LOL Old Man...pretty funny..spider "blind as a bat" now you tell me Well after all is said and done and much trepidation...I made it!!! It took a couple of tries again as I turned left out of ex-bat room and got down to the end of the hall with use of my invis to get past that torch...but eventually got discovered again as I tried to make my way inside the secret room. I hit the switch but they got alerted while I was trying to crouch and run through...I was running blind as I didn't know where the heck I was and actually ended up on the other side again where the North switch was. I was completely turned around and couldn't get away, so I got killed! In the restart, I decided to use my last water on that torch and use my invis to get to the switch having located it but then when I got inside...holy cannoles...that damn spider...now a spider too! Eyahhh, but like you said actually easy to get around and into main room. I headed straight back for the crypt and hid. Then collected all the loot in there and crept forward to take a look below. Saw the two Bats flying overhead and since Nightie said she killed one with her Fire arrow, I thought why not? I had plenty. Well it took me three tries but got both with one shot and knocked Gem into water...where it was easy to get Got out without a hitch and even had time to search for that darn ring in the church Found it and got out and in next mission. Ta da!

I have now found coins in that side area, picked the civilians pocket and KO'd one of the Guards...next one coming soon! This one has started out pretty well regarding slowness but noticed it did have some when I got near gate to town and looked down, so don't know how this will play further on but at least I'm on my way again I have a feeling though from the little bit I caught on this thread, that it seems I'm not quite done with vamps yet Geez...I hope it's easier next tme if so?

Thank you both very much and I'll be checking in again I sure, LOL Ta and Good Hunting!

That's terrific news, The Fire Eater! And well done!

I really wanted you to get through this.

Just finished. VERY well done. Loved all the new stuff.

I never have to break for lunch when playing Christine's missions...always plently around...but I tend to lay off the sweets 'cause it's hard for a thief to get good dental coverage.

Ghost Mode and The Hammerite Monastery Crypt

I suspect you don't really want to hear this, The Fire Eater. Especially after all the grief you went through in this crypt.
    spoiler:
    I had stated in an earlier posting that I had completely Ghosted this crypt. Those up on the nitty-gritty of Ghost Mode rules know that this is not true. The first bat at the bottom of the stairs alerts when the torch in that room is doused. I had just waited until this bat calmed back down to zero alert level and proceeded from there. Any AI alert that results in the AI changing it's behaviour is a Ghost Mode rules infraction. We generally refer to this as a 2nd level alert. 1st level alerts are accepted by the rules. These usually involve a pair of comments about hearing or seeing something but the AI's behaviour does not change.

Okay. That being said, I am now reporting that I did not lie when I said that I'd Ghosted the crypt. I have done it now. Well, in pieces anyway. I haven't finished this playthrough but I've gotten past all the tricky bits. So, I'm saying I've Ghosted it. Just need to clean up a few loose ends. And I have Ghosted the remaining parts in an earlier playthrough.

Here's the deal. This first bat alerts when the torch is doused. So, the only way to Ghost it is to not douse this torch. Either this or find a silent method of dousing the torch which I couldn't think of. Simple logic. Right? So, I gave it a whirl not really thinking I'd be able. Guess what? No problem. With my stealth increasing dagger in hand, and at times my light gem showing quite bright, this bat didn't bat an eye at my maneuvering through his little world. I've been able to pass through all four doorways into and out of his room without reaction. Furthermore, I've gotten all the way down to the Sceptre without spooking either bat. Of course the bats can't sense anything behind them just like most AI. I took advantage of this trait to run full-tilt through this first bat's room once right behind him and nothing.

So, the author's putting Water arrows handy at the top of the stairs is a ruse. It seems to be doable if no Water arrows are used. Do the bats not see or hear as well if they haven't been alerted already? Dunno, but that 's the way it seems to work out.

spoiler:
    You've got to be kidding...no water arrows used at all anywhere in these areas? How could that be possible if you don't put any out and these Vamps come by while your trying to hide somewhere..like me behind/along side a piller...and not get discovered? I don't think it possible...recalling all the times I got busted for even being anywhere near those entries...with the exception of ex-bat room doorway (but only in one doorway) and in doorway of Fire arrow room...(because they didn't go in there), etc. I did try the Dagger thing a bit but didn't really test it out completely. However, in reading the Diary once into the next level, it very clearly says to get the Sword as it has great power to make you less visible! Now they didn't say that about the Dagger so am wondering what's going on with that?
    Anyway, I know you are a great Ghoster and if there's a way, it's been said, you'll find it and I'm a little aware of some of those rules but not all of them/different methods. I congratulate you for your perserverance and your accomplishment to get it done in there and to find the method by which you can I'm just happy to get out of there!!! LOL It may not have been with finesse but I don't really concern myself with that...just get it done the best way I can and move on!

spoiler:
    Actually, the first early run of this next Mission, I really blew it...I didn't seem to be doing things right at all..using some of my stuff too soon, getting busted when in-between those two large gates before you get to Cathedral...imagine my Oh...s...t not again when I was crouched down in front of the closed doors, in the middle, and the Guard on the other side..got alerted and started swinging at me through the doors??? He finally managed to get the doors open, which pushed me away some, then I tried running from him still taking damage but finally got my last gas arrow out, turned and shot him...but by then I only had one life point left So I decided, since I have an idea now what this area is all about, I started over from another save I had but after I had gotten the stuff from that girls house. Consequently, I did a much better job of getting in and have KO'd all the Guards outside (except the two at the first gate) and the one that comes in the Entry area. At this point I'm back in the Bell Tower room and trying to determine if I can and if worth the trouble to try and get what looks like an invis in a window shelf? Angle seems pretty difficult for rope to clear beams and stuff and also not able to see a way that I can get it at the proper angle to allow me to mantle on the beam so I can reach it I found the slo-fall so that I wouldn't have to use another moss arrow and save my rope too...but it's just too straight up a shot I think? Hah, I did manage to jump up and get statue on top of the cabinet without alerting those two inside patrolling but got to figure something out since I need to get to the other side as well. I have the stairway darkened on the bottom and wondering if I should be going that way first? I did see some Hammers up top when passing by the door in that area
    Seems pretty busy up there
    None-the-less, it's eventually what I need to do soooo....tally ho!!! LOL

Ta and Good Hunting!

ARRRGGGHHHSWITCHES!

Wonderful AI. I felt sad that I couldn't kill them all (I like to play super undead stealth assassin, which loud exploding vampires don't allow), but there was great use of different kinds of enemies that never quite strayed into unbelievable frustration territory (like the first version of "Mages' Area" did, when the haunts were unkillable and you couldn't get past that haunt on that tiled floor where that candle was patrolling because you had no water arrows in the small cramped space etc.) I usually don't like city areas all that much, but Christine really knows how to make them interesting.

Christine and company, you did an absolutely fabulous job. The whole mission pack had a great feel to it and there were some beautiful areas, but by far, the end mission had it in terms of beauty. The castle! Oh, my!

The vampires were some ugly sons of mothers, the bats were nasty/impossible to get past if alerted, and the dark knights were quite cool. The frost burricks were odd but interesting, and those ice beasts were pretty freakish. Good, good job. Nice atmosphere and solid work all around. The only blight is those blasted switches, and overall, they still weren't enough to stop me playing.

Night Falcon help

Didn't want this to get lost in the shuffle...

I'm now in Mission #4 and just starting the Cyrpt in that one.
    spoiler:
    What I wanted to say was that I have tested the Dagger out a bit more and find that, yes indeed it also does apparently help your cover of shadow Don't know if the "Sword" will do it even more so but the Dagger is limited. I find that if I'm in more direct light it doesn't help but in subdued lighting or far enough away from bright light source...it does darken you! How about that....so you do have to be careful where and when you use/switch to another weapon or you could find yourself revealed Thanks for the tip about that and now at least I can get a little more help here and there My only problem now is "all" the "Z's" that come walking by and I thought there were a lot of Hammers patroling around earlier! LOL!
    Ta and Good Hunting!
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 15th Nov 2012 at 09:19.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast