TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Odd UW2 Situation

Odd UW2 Situation

I've been to the first three worlds (Goblin Tower, Killorn Keep, and the Ice Caverns). I've had Nystul treat all three gems from those worlds and I've whacked them against the gem.

Now none of the other faces will go translucent. I've tried going to another level (both upstairs and into all three 'active' worlds) restarting the game, saving it in another slot and reloading the game...

Nothing works!

I'm going to restart, as it doesn't take that long to get down there again, but I've never seen tis happen before.

Has it happened to anyone else and, if so, were you able to fix it?

Actually, I just got to the gem again and it looks like only the first three faces light up at all.

PErhaps I'll have ot reinstall...

New one on me. Weird.

Brad S.

its not a bug.....think about something you havent done or
    havent spoken to someone
    this game is triggered by events
    you need to revisit places & speak with people to trigger something

Yeah, that seems the most likely event, you probably missed something important back at the Castle, go talk to everyone again.

Or...
    Spoiler:
    You didn't get Altara to confide in you, perhaps? Maybe you still need to kill the Watcher

Non-spoiler version: Might need to do something around the Killorn Keep still

Spoiler:
    I'd killed the watcher and received the pearl from Altara.

[quote]its not a bug.....think about something you havent done or
    havent spoken to someone

Actually, I've played this game many times before, and I'm completely up to date on the plot.

[quote]this game is triggered by events

I seem to remember that the only triggers for which facets are available are which facets you've visited and which treated blackrock gems you've whacked the crystal with.

Now, you sure you just didn't notice when the next facet is available?
    Sometimes it's easy to get which facet is which confused...

I dunno what to say, seems very strange...

[quote]I seem to remember that the only triggers for which facets are available are which facets you've visited and which treated blackrock gems you've whacked the crystal with.

I may be wrong, but some other major events *might* prevent you from going to the next area.
    Spoiler:
    Has Lady Tory been Murdered yet? I forget exactly when this occurs, and if it's then, it might be holding you back? Or *perhaps* you need to get the Eggshell, but without the rod, I can't see how that works.

The
    Spoiler:
    murder
    of
    Spoiler:
    Lady Tory
    happens later on, and I know that I used to visit Talorus before I'd even entered the Ice Caverns (not a big fan of ice skating).

Administrator

[quote]Originally posted by PraetorJudis:
    I know that I used to visit Talorus before I'd even entered the Ice Caverns (not a big fan of ice skating).

Hmmm.... I've completed UW2 about half a dozen times myself and I've never had that many problems with opening the gem's faces.

The only thing I can think of is that you may not have discussed the servants with LB yet, as I'm sure that is one of the triggers to open the gem. As far as I know, you don't actually have to use the mini-gems on the gem until very late on in the game as I got very frustrated the first time I played UW2 waiting for the gem face that I wanted to light up.

Alistair

[quote]The only thing I can think of is that you may not have discussed the servants with LB yet

Have, and the whole thing is cleared up.

[quote]As far as I know, you don't actually have to use the mini-gems on the gem until very late on in the game

True, but it's never been a problem to use them as soon as I get them before.

Let's table this discussion until I get to the gem with my reinstalled game. First I'm playing through UW1 though...

It's weird, I just started playing UW2 again today and had exactly that problem. It fixed itself though after I went and did a thing or two (yes, very specific I know), but it's still the first time I remember that happening.

What was the thing or two you did?!

prayed at the shrine of madmax559 [Thumbs Up!]

found it! It was Lady Tory's death after all.

Dark Angel

Ah, yeah...i thought that was pretty annoying. What does talking to someone or allowing an event to happen have anything to do with activating portals to the blackrock gem other than the gems?

Personally I like it how the events are triggered by other events, instead of allowing everything to be done as soon as the correct gem has been used. Encourages you to go back to Britannia more often and keep up to date on the storyline, instead of just using Nystul as a gem-treating machine.

same thing happen to me three times...

moreover I'm not fond of UW2 and I will not go through one more time in the next future to discover what's happen...

I can't remember : could you use the stone before Nystul's treatment ? and the stone disappear anyway...

Nope. Nothing happens when you whack the crystal with an untreated stone.