TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Ultima IX

Alun Bestor

Ultima IX

Yay, I'm number one....
    So what about that U9, eh? Anyone seen the demo? If they have, please let everyone (or at least me) know what it's like. If Garriot manages to not screw up this one, I will personally offer to have his baby.

------------------
    I got myself a signature and a webpage, now all I need is a plan!
    uber.net, your wonder-why-I-went-there site

Mr Croft

I await U9 as well, a long wait it has become (at least it feels like it). I would like to know also.

Digital Nightfall

The -best- parts of the demo were the brief moments when I manuvered the camera to a sort of 1st person view....

Jazar

I would recomend the Ultima 9 demo for hard core fans only. It's very unstable, unoptimized and many people don't/can't realize that it's a pre-beta (it's two months old). I guess Richard Garriott has crumbled to the demands of the fans in giving them something to tinker with.

If you want a taste of what U9 will be like I would suggest you get the "Prepare to Ascend" trailer at Ultima9.com's download section and read Gamespot.com's new U9 preview. They show you much more than the demo does surprisingly.

Jazar
    Ultima Horizons
    www.allgaming.com

Alun Bestor

Oh yeah, I saw those and thought "cool!" but I don't think the vids are doing justice to the gameplay somehow; I just wanted to get my hands on those controls and plaaay.
    Oh well, I'll wait until december I suppose. Good thing is that from all accounts it isn't being made to a strict deadline so they should have ample time to get rid of all those bugs...

------------------
    I got myself a signature and a webpage, now all I need is a plan!
    uber.net, your wonder-why-I-went-there site