TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Ultima: Underworld - Try it again!

zdim

Ultima: Underworld - Try it again!

The other night, just for kicks, I loaded Ultima: Underworld to my HD, mainly just to see if it would run in win98.

It did!

And I was amazed at once. I realized that there have only been a handful of games since Underworld's release ('93?) that gave the player that high level of immersiveness, interactivity and quality of features and presentation .

Playing UW made me recall The Elder Scrolls: Arena and Betrayal At Krondor as well, two other incredible "3D" rpg's that are $10 bin fodder (or worse) these days. What a shame that we're told that it isn't cool unless it's new.

I'll be playing Underworld again for a while, while everyone else grumbles about the sorry state of 3D rpg's these days.

Destoo

Betrayal at Krondor is available almost everywhere. I think Sierra(dynamix?) released it on a PCGamer CD as a promotion to the sequel, Betrayal at Antara. (which is, from what I heard, nowhere as good as the first)

------------------

zdim

The original 1993 version of Betrayal At Krondor, the distinguished rpg, IS available free from Sierra. (10mb) ftp://ftp.sierra.com/pub/goodies/pc/krondorz.exe
    [However, this is not the final release and it's a bit buggy.]
    Enjoy!

[This message has been edited by zdim (edited November 11, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by zdim (edited November 11, 1999).]