TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Fortress By The Sea (Version 2.0, 12 Oct. 2005)

T2 FM: Fortress By The Sea (Version 2.0, 12 Oct. 2005)

Quite an enjoyable mission to play... Normally I'm not such a fan of mission that limit my blackjack-possibilities, but in this one it wasn't that hard....

The only problem I had was with the loot objective, which I barely managed (1846), but all in all very good...

[added by nickie]
    Download from:
    http://thiefmissions.com/m/FortressByTheSeaV2
    Last edited by nickie; 21st Jun 2012 at 13:24. Reason: Adding date

Excellent a new fan mission, downloading now!

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    i thought the 1800 was a high limit, but you are an expert. i didn't really hid any of the loot very hard, i have a couple of low value items around that are tougher,
    spoiler:
    check out the loot page for any hints http://www.geocities.com/ottoj55/fortloot.html

i would never do a blackjack limit and make it too hard to play, i can ghost the mission now on expert, but i've been playing it for 4 straight months.

otto

Just downloaded it. Looking forward to playing this mission. Thanx Ottoj55!

Sluggs

A good mission Ottoj55.
    spoiler:
    I don't usually ghost but found it quite easy actually. Putting lights to indicate whether the generator was shut down or not was a good idea as i shut the boiler room one right at the start not knowing about the whole shutdown sequence thingy. The note said someone had stolen a relic from the hammers by defeating their interlock does this refer to the talisman Garrett stole from their Catherdal in T1? The boiler room fire tunnel where Garrett must get through to the other side, was this inspired by the scene in the film 'The Rock' where Sean Connery does a similar entrance?

Nice!
    Though I must ask: What did I do to deserve the special mention?

yes on the boiler room fire sequence. connery rules.

the shutdown sequence starts in the basement, big deal if that one goes first, it doesn't control too many lights. the letters basic allude to the fact that the fortress is using the same set up as the hammer temple in T1/G where you have to flip switches in a certain order, and the relic is indeed the talisman.

fortress by the

hi all..I was just wondering if this is a new mission and if so, where can i find it?
    I have to change my e mail address..its nolfthomas@sbcglobal.net.
    Thanks
    TomN

You can find it here:

Fortress by the Sea

And yes, it's a new mission.

Sluggs

Yeah, i beta-testedd this mission, and while i'm not normally a fan of ghosting or bj limits...
    spoiler:
    the only people you need to worry about are otto, the unarmed guard and the lanturn guard who all go inside the main building... all the guys outside are ghostable.

Great work, Ottoj55

Fortress by the Sea

Far Out, Cool, and Dig THE GROOVY SCENE, MAN!
    thanks.
    TomN

Hey Ottoj55,

250 downloads from thief missions in the first day. Not bad..not bad...

jocke, you got a mention for at some point responding to some thread that i started in the process of either learning dromed or making this mission, i went through every thread i started and several that were important in overcoming hurdles. so even if you don't remembe helping directly you said something at some point somewhere that helped me, believe me on this.

otto

and now i tracked it down

you responded to my need for an interlock system of switchs like in the t1/g mission undercover, you suggest fnordlocks, which i played with for a bit, and for that you get thanked, i'm just thankful to anyone who answers my questions, i'm usually stumped on things.
    Last edited by Ottoj55; 18th Sep 2003 at 20:34.

stuck at the very beginning!

can someone please tell me how to get in? been swimming around now and i am getting pruney!

never mind....duh!!!

Good mission Otto! Loot was a toughy and guard routes were well done. Are we gonna be seeing another mission sometime?

nil8hate:

spoiler:
    do you see the light ?

Distant Quasar
    Very nice mission. I don't normally ghost missions and it was an interesting experience (on expert). I can't tell you how many times I got to the top of a flight of stairs only to have to run to the bottom because of that unarmed punk!!!
    Looking forward to more.
    - eep!

I'm proud of myself ... I just ghosted my first mission ... *sniff* ... and I found all the loot the first time through (without any help I swear) but please don't make me do that for a measly ring again!

I can't beleive I'm THAT hard-up for cash!

Very nice mission.
    I told my husband that I was downloading the patch for Thief. He said, "Good! It's about time you kicked that addiction."

Taking a break
    Just started playing, love the opening scene!

thank you, so few dare to put in a large vista of landscape, and threatening boiler rooms, and knockout limits in one package. ghostability makes this mission great, the way i planned garretts route you can pretty much avoid all the guards, but the long patrols will get you if you don't expect them, you see the coast is clear and then, what the, where'd he come from

Originally posted by Ottoj55
    i thought the 1800 was a high limit, but you are an expert.

Oh, wait until you taffers play MY FM...

...Normal: Get 5000 loot
    ...Hard: Get 5500 loot
    ...Expert: Get 6000 loot

Spike14

FM: Fortress by the Sea - Hints & Chat

I don't see any other information for this Fan Mission so I'll start one up.

Actually, I've pretty much completed it. But on Expert difficulty I'm unable to complete the objectives.
    spoiler:
    All I need is another fifty loot.
    Any suggestions please.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Old Man; 27th Sep 2003 at 16:05.

Have you found the lost ring referenced in a note? How about the drill mentioned in another note?

Thanks for your reply, yuggothian.
    spoiler:
    I've searched twice for the ring both on the battlements (including those not directly accessible higher up with box stacks), and in the washrooms (as well as in the sewer between them) and the two possible routes between the battlements and the washrooms. There are only the two washrooms, right? No joy! Oh, and around his bunk too where I found the note. Nothing. I just may have picked it up earlier before I found the note and so it's not there any longer.

I picked up the first bit I came across and it wasn't loot. But now you mention the note I remember reading that and I'll check out the other bits too.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Old Man; 27th Sep 2003 at 16:58.

spoiler:
    I've had a look around for those drill bits. Darned if I can find them now.
    And I'm thinking that memory is from another Fan Mission now. Play this game way too much. Could you give me a little push, please and thanks.
    Last edited by Old Man; 27th Sep 2003 at 16:19.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast