TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Hall of Fame...

Hall of Fame...

...just noticed that GameSpy have added Terra Nova to their Hall of Fame. If you want a look it's here... www.gamespy.com/halloffame/may01/terranova

What the?!

Uh... does this screenshot look a mite odd to anyone else?

i.e. WHO is that squadmate, and what's with the armour (I presume) display in the bottom right.

Are the graphics for the goggles right too? I always play full-screen, so I can't think offhand.

Is this a familiar sight to any of you...? I had no idea there were versions that looked as different as this. (Well, it's not THAT different, but it's definitely not the same as my version.)

[ May 08, 2001: Message edited by: Shadowcat ]

The weird thing is that the image is at the bottom of a long page with unrelated junk above it.

I laughed when I saw what you're talking about. I never saw those designs, either.

BTW, thanks for the link, Edgewood.

Brad S.

> The weird thing is that the image is at the bottom of
    > a long page with unrelated junk above it.

Okay, I've fixed that now.

> I laughed when I saw what you're talking about.
    > I never saw those designs, either.

I wonder where they came from... maybe the european release?? Very curious. It makes me wonder if anything else was different...

I felt like Nikola finding that someone was trying to pull a fast one... "HEY! Who the hell are you!? And what have you done to my PBA?"

> BTW, thanks for the link, Edgewood.

Ditto!

TTLG.com

COOL!! 8)

Thank you, Edgewood, this is headed up as a news item. 8)

The picture in question looks like Standard PBA to me, as seen from a standard PBA.

The green thing is a Standard PBA wireframe graphic, but I've never seen one in the game before. I've also never seen the squaddie whose face is in the comms box.

I've played both the US and British version of TN, for what it's worth.

See the squadmate name, it's Girraud!

Gads, so it is. Well spotted.

Wow. I know TN was in development for a long time, so those shots must have come from a version that was made prior to filming the cut-scenes. Kinda fascinating.

[ May 13, 2001: Message edited by: Shadowcat ]