TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Torner Island: Now available in english!

Torner Island: Now available in english!

Hello Taffettes and Taffers,

on behalf of Haman, the author of this FM, I proudly announce the updated version of Torner Island. It's now also available in english.

Special thanks go to Nightwalker and her husband for their great help with the translation.
    It was an uphill struggle (wasn't it, Nightwalker? ) and only their help rendered possible this english version.

You can download Torner here:

http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=torner

Thank you very much, epithumia, for the warpspeeded upload...
    "Don't dream it - be it!"

Taking a break
    Downloading now!

Thank You Nightwalker and Co! Now i can finally understand this FM.

Notice how modest Dinksmallwood is! She forgot to mention the tons of work she did translating texts to English and then all the communications between betatesters and Haman, as well!

It's a fun mission so I hope you all enjoy it. Haman put a lot of effort into trying to fix up the bugs that showed up in the first release (German version).

Cool! I've never played this one before. Lots of fun so far! Thanks folks!

I'm a bit stuck already.
    spoiler:
    I am in the underground crypt area. I can see a secret door in the alcove with the dead servant guy, but can't seem to find the switch. Was I supposed to do something up top first?

No, you're okay.
    spoiler:
    The switch to open the door is over in one of the alcoves that hold coffins. There's an empty one near a lady zombie on the opposite side of the crypt from the secret door. The switch is in there.

Thanks Nightwalker! Guess I just didn't want to get that close.

Torner Island Hutson Hawk English version

I'm so stuck. I found the factory key, entered, went to top floor read the book in
    chest and now I can't find the exit. Down under the elevator there is part of a
    ladder sticking up but I can't find any switch to open the floor here. I've tried
    hitting everything down under the elevator. Need spoiler directions please.

coreyb2 -
    spoiler:
    Go back to the top floor office, go in and shut the door. Check the end wall. The painting should have moved and there's a lever behind it. Flip that and it will open the trap door underneath the elevator.

Thanks Nightwalker

Well..I'll be switched. I had tried everything but that
    Dah! Thanks.

Torner Island Hutson Hawk English

Need help! I've done the dollie thing. Need to open cabinet with rectangular bit key???
    to get the Eye...none of keys I have works. I need to get the Scepter of Might. Spoiler
    welcome please.

spoiler:
    The "rectangular bit key" is just your gold lockpick. Don't use the silver one and don't touch the door again once you have it open or the alarms will go off.
    You won't get the Sceptre until you have what's in the cabinet and figured out what to do with it so I won't give you any more hints about that right now.

Thanks again Nightwalker

I finally finish Toner Island. I had waited for the English version to play but
    had read all the posts on the German version. That stupid key had me stumpted.
    I had tried everything but jumping on the cabinet and having to get really close
    to that door before the key would work. Now trying to play my new Deus Ex 2
    and can't get the game to run. I would go over to the TTLG Deus Ex Formus but
    I found out real quick that they don't have a policy on what is posted and the
    language being used is gross. So I have to find help on some other site. I really
    like the fact that the your posts are monitored and my grandchildren can use your site.
    Thanks.

Hello Taffers
    Its unlikely anyone has noticed that I havent been posting much. Since I recently got a job I have not been doing much Dromed and with the holidays right around the corner that gives me even less time. I am still patiently watching for new (english lol) FMs and Im glad this one was translated. Im downloading it as I type and will be playing it soon. Ive also been playing some Thievery when I can (usually at night) so if you Taffers have it come on down and we can play. Bye for now Taffers

Re: Thanks again Nightwalker

Originally posted by coreyb2
    Now trying to play my new Deus Ex 2
    and can't get the game to run. I would go over to the TTLG Deus Ex Formus but
    I found out real quick that they don't have a policy on what is posted and the
    language being used is gross. So I have to find help on some other site. I really
    like the fact that the your posts are monitored and my grandchildren can use your site.
    Thanks.
    You could try the Ion Storm DX2 forums (main forum page here), or you could even drop by the Hangar DX forum here...good luck getting the game to run. I had my share of installation/running problems, but once I solved a few problems and ignored some random crashes (thanks to the new video drivers, damn them all to hell) I'm enjoying DX2 anyway. Okay, probably not as much as the first game, but still...

Note to Warren and crew: let's try not to simultaneously develop a game for two platforms next time, m'kay?

Thanks Silver Sorrow

I'll check the sites you have listed. I sure hope they can help.
    I had only played adventure games until I received Deus Ex 1
    which lead me to Thief 1 and 2 then to the FMs which I have
    been hooked on every since. Have a great holiday

torner island

Just exactly how or where do you use the eye? There must be some trick to get by those spiders. Also, what's with the casket in the crypt area that has a hole in the top and acid or whatever dropping from the ceiling? Much thanks for any help.

Torner Island

Thanks anyway. We found our answer to the question about using the eye.
    spoiler:
    We got rid of the spiders by running frantically until they were grouped together and got them all with one gas arrow.
    But now, for some reason we are 56 short on minimum loot to finish the mission. Does anyone have a loot list?

Me too. I've only got 2,259 of 3,334 loot! Has anyone got more than the 2,500 objective in the English version? And something has changed. I don't recall what it was but the original German version ended in 99. I recall Nightwalker and Peter Smith struggling over that last 100 loot exactly.

I normally go on a blackjack rampage and clear the map for this endgame loot search. Couldn't this time. So, I teased those two Zombies out past the tower into the city streets and they entertained me killing everyone. I can trot around now and look for this loot without worrying about looking over my shoulder.

I always leave all doors with keys relocked and drop the key on the ground just in front of the door. This is the second time the Minister of Science key has disappeared while I was away. I wanted to see if I could lure the Tree Beasts and the large Spider out to chat with my Zombie buddies but now I can't open that door that connects the two sides of the house. I'm looking askance at the spiders patrolling the front yard. They've taken that key and hidden it somewhere on me, I'm sure! Yes, just like my dog when I'm snacking on something. They're "not" looking at me as they wander by.

1,075 loot short. That's a lot.

I've never had that key disappear on me, Old Man. I haven't played the final release all the way through yet but I don't believe there were any major changes. Peter and I were still coming up slightly short of the total available. About 300g. I think. I suspect it's attached to the gold candlesticks and skull on the church altar but I can't say for sure. smithpd made up a loot list for the original German version and as far as I can tell, the loot has stayed the same.

I can send a copy to anyone who would like it and if anyone happens to find the missing 300g. could you let us know?

torner island

Hi Nightwalker, send me a loot list please.

It's on it's way!

Bugs & Grumbles from Victor Meldrew

I'm making unsteady progress now - seem to be beset by bugs. The top cupboards in a certain house are very tricky, I keep getting stuck on or in textures, and I've had four SHAS so far (all near the aforementioned cupboards - never had any anywhere before.)

As for grumbles, what's with all these windows/openings of marginal size? You can get through some by doing a running jump whilst crouched and leaning forward, but not through others which are apparently the same size. This wastes a lot of time. Also, why is the rope arrow 5cm too short? And there's a vital clue on Page 8 of a journal - Grrr!

Edit @ 4.30pm. Finished! Why on earth do you have to read the same book twice to open a secret hidey-hole?

It's one of the more interesting missions I have played, and definitely the most annoying.
    Last edited by ffox; 13th Dec 2003 at 12:30.

LOL! Not everybody's type of mission to be sure, but fun for a lot of us. If you really read that book in the Library safe both times you'll see it says different things. It was a way to give people a clue where to go and what to do with The Eye and still have it work the way Haman wanted it to for
    spoiler:
    opening the safe in the back of the Church altar.

As for the window sizes, I must admit I mentioned that a number of times during beta. A couple were enlarged but other were not. Haman's decision, I guess. He was very pressed for time and probably just decided there were other ways to get where you needed to besides going through certain windows.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast