TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble with "The Cathedral"

Trouble with "The Cathedral"

I was just wondering if anyone else was having problems with quick loading during the game.. seems like everytime I try to load off of the quicksave, it kicks me back to my desktop... I can go through the tedious route of saving every so often, but quickloading is like second nature to me.

Please let me know if this is a bug.. if anyone else is experiencing this.

Ya, I had the same problem.

But the mission is really short, you should be able to do it without the saves, it might
    just take a couple of tries.

Even normal saving/loading does not work, not just quick save.

Well, for starters he/she spellt "intrface" as "interface", but even renaming the folder does not make the objectives readable.
    I wonder if he/she neglected to set the mission number to 33 in DromED.

Shame really, looks like a nice FM otherwise.
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links

Zaccheus' hospital blog

Has anybody found out what the gold key opens and if your blackjack or sword is available? I keep get killed looking for them and have to start all over again - no fun!

I've come across three doors. One double door to an upstairs bedroom that I can open. The other two I cannot. They're not frobbable. One in the chapel, and one downstairs near the hole that I entered through. And what's this key for?

Plus I've only come across 2,910 loot. That's four nuggets, three small urns, one purse and the rest in golden candlesticks. Any ideas where there might be more?

I've got the book and one Broadhead to do the assassination. But unless there's a switch to open either of these doors to exit I can't yet see how to get out. Any switches in the library? Unless maybe stacking boxes to exit the way I came in. Ugh! Not looking forward to stacking boxes in this forced IronMan mode. And what are the lockpicks for then?

Thanks.

The switch for the door in the chapel is in the priest's bedroom. And there are some coins on the floor upstairs from the chapel. You can easily sneek by the hammerite standing guard up there, to pick them up.

Can't anyone find a way to fix the bug in this game? I know where every loot is, and how to exit. But they are killing me every time.

Karsten.

Thanks, karstenpontoppi. Alas, this was only four coins worth twenty each. That leaves me with 2,990 loot. Still ten short of the objective.

Plus I've been through that chapel door and explored the tunnels beyond. But neither the final gate nor the two grates above seem to be workable. Unless I've already reached the exit and it's not checking off only because I don't have the loot objective I'm still stuck on the exit.

You say you've found all the 3,250 loot so I'll have another look around.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    The author did forget to set the mission number to 33, and that's why loading a quicksave crashes you to desktop. Should be a quick thing to fix (plus renaming interface to intrface), maybe the author will get a fixed version to Thiefmissions soon. If not, maybe some other FM designer will do it for him/her.

Hi Old Man.
    Sorry, I meant enough loot to finish the game.
    spoiler:

I think you probably are missing the ring on the ledge above the stairs to the second floor.

I don't know what the key is for.

And Yandros.
    How do I fix that bug?

Karsten.

Okay, got the ring, thanks. That's now 3,090 loot and the objective chimed off.

However, going to the tunnels past the chapel still does not end the mission. So, the exit is something else. I've smashed all fifteen boxes and there's nothing in any of them.

How to exit? I'll check and see if the switch upstairs might open the door in the basement too. That switch already operates two distinct and widely apart doors.

Originally posted by karstenpontoppi
    And Yandros.
    How do I fix that bug?
    You have to have Dromed installed to fix it. Since most FM players don't use Dromed, it would be much easier to send a fixed ZIP to Jason. Jason, I'll mail you the fixed ZIP I made; I'll understand if you choose not to offer it for download though, since I haven't contacted the author for permission to do so.

Personally, I found this mission extremely difficult due to the lack of equipment (a single broadhead!) and prodigious lighting, and haven't gotten very far in it. That is definitely one of the biggest book collections I've ever seen, though!
    Death's Cold Embrace - Info and screenshots

Thiefmissions.com

Please send it to me; in the meantime, I'll try to get permission. Has anyone mailed the author about this yet?

BTW, I just checked the copyright and it doesn't allow any distribution of the mission at all:

This level is (c) by Meshpit, 01 jan 2004.

This level was not made and is not supported by Looking Glass Studios or
    Eidos Interactive.

Obviously there's some implied distribution right because the mission was sent to TTLG for distribution, but I'm concerned that I have no right to distribute it from thiefmissions.com. Crap. I'm not sure what to do.

Thiefmissions.com

Well, email bounces. I guess only the TTLG folks know who this person is, unless the file just magically appeared one day.

I was going to email him/her as soon as I knew for sure how to fix it, but if the email is bouncing ...

Zaccheus' hospital blog

Originally posted by epithumia
    Please send it to me;
    Sent to you earlier this afternoon. Offer it when/if you're able.

Thiefmissions.com

I found another address for Meshpit and was able to contact him (or perhaps her) and receive permission to distribute the mission. The fixed version that Yandros made is up at http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=thecathedral

Thanks again to Meshpit for making the mission and Yandros for his tweaks.

Thanks, epithumia & Yandros! I didn't get around to trying this until this afternoon so I got to use the corrected version. I didn't have to find a way out for some reason, even though I was playing on Expert, though I know where it is. I found over 3000 loot but not the total listed as available. I found 3120 so I'm still 130g. short of the total available.

It's a very difficult mission due to the lack of equipment and that makes it a bit frustrating in places. Still, for the most part, it was fun to play.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 13th Jan 2004 at 17:48.

I think the most fun I had with it was hitting the delete key...

Originally posted by Nightwalker
    It's a very difficult mission due to the lack of equipment and that makes it a bit frustrating in places. Still, for the most part, it was fun to play.
    Have blackjack, will party !

Zaccheus' hospital blog

You found a blackjack? Where??

I'm sure I had a blackjack when I briefly played on Hard.
    Perhaps ... I'm just fantasising.

Zaccheus' hospital blog

I found 3150 but just can't find that last 100g.
    I told my husband that I was downloading the patch for Thief. He said, "Good! It's about time you kicked that addiction."

diana50322

spoiler:
    have you got the nugget and gold coins ob the stairs and the gold coins in the far left arch in the room above the chapel (i.e. the one you found the key). These are the most difficult to spot.

Missing loot

I have completed the latest version of the mission that was repaired by Yandros, playng in expert skill. I have 3090 / 3250 loot, missing 160. Can someone help me find what's left? I have the following:
    spoiler:
    32 candlesticks in window ledges 2 floors, 1600
    14 candlesticks in Fretch's room, 700
    purse on Fretch, 100
    3 LC jars on balcony above library, 60
    4 coins on two ledges above chapel, 80
    gold nugget on ledge above stairs, 100
    ring on otherledge above stairs, 100
    3 silver nuggets in library on top shelves, 150
    2 candlesticks in library on table, 100
    2 candlesticks in chapel on altar, 100
    --------------------------------------
    Total, 3090

Someone said they found coins on stairs. I have not see those on either staircase.
    Nightwalker said she found 3120, 30 more than I did. Must be +50 - 20. Any ideas, Nightwalker?

I have even looked in the inner courtyard. Nothing there.

Thanks

The only thing I found that I can see missing from you list is
    spoiler:
    three coins that are lying on the floor underneath a chair in the basement room next to the one where you start the mission.
    I checked and I typed the total wrong before. I had 3150. I have no idea where that other 100g. is though. Maybe another tiny ring somewhere?

By the way, how did you get into the central courtyard?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast