TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Returning a Favor (17/01/04)

I know what you mean about trying to create the feel of a Hammerite temple, Thiefsie Fool, something is just missing in T2. A pity.

As for the ambient sound in the chapel, I don't think of that sound as a Keeper one specifically, so it didn't occur to me that others might do that. I guess I just haven't made that strong a connection with the sound and a specific setting. It's cool, it's somewhat eerie and I like it, which is why I chose it.

Had a great time playing it

I have ghosted it. The report is here (SPOILERS). If you use your BJ instead of sneaking, it is not too difficult as far as AI go, but it is still a lot of fun and a challenge to find all the clues and see the murder mystery unfold.

Thanks for another fine mission, Morrgan.

Right that does it! Off i go to install Thief Gold!

Thiefmissions.com

Why does anyone need a download utility to get this mission? It's only 2.6MB; even with dialup that's about half an hour. Just uninstall those stupid download utilities and download it from your web browser.

Not that you'd have anything against multi-connecting bandwidth-hogging whoring download managers, would you?

WOOT! Glad i did install it, this FM is great Morrgan, well done.

Odd, i can't seem to jump in
    spoiler:
    the cold room where the body is kept.

That's a strange room for sure! Right, back i go!

Nice details Morrgan. It's worth doing all that believe me.

Oh BTW, Great job on the stairwell.

Yeah, that's actually because of the Thief 1 ice texture. They made it nice and slippery, but didn't do any of the footstep sounds for it or let you jump on it. It was only used in the Maw (AFAIK) for when you were sliding down the slope in the water area, so I guess thay didn't think it was necessary.

I seem to a Bastard!

Nice touch Morrgan.

*grin*

Taking a break
    I know what you mean about trying to create the feel of a Hammerite temple, Thiefsie Fool, something is just missing in T2. A pity.
    Actually in first Night Falcon series, Christine has a couple of impressive Hammerite levels. By the way, do you mind me borrowing the staircase via multibrush Morrgan? I have a mulitlevel structure I'm working on and with a few tweaks, your staircase would be perfect.

I just finished the mission, and I have to say it was a joy to play. Keep up the good work.

Sting

Whee, I just finished the mission (took me 1 hour and 8 minutes). Great stuff, Morrgan! A nice mystery and a climatic ending wrapped in a small but detailed mission. I loved the map (done by Vigil, I assume), very professional and close to Thief's style. And all this only took you less than a month? You must have been speed-DromEding

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Agreed, this was a treat of a mission.... very thoughtful design, both in terms of story and layout. I loved the custom readables, and of course the maps were beautiful as well. All in all, another great mission from a great mission designer.

Need a little more HELP

spoiler:
    I've got the hammer, the blackmail notes and what else is there to leave on the investigators desk??? I thought I had everything necessary but can't get the objective to check off. I've tried all the desk...spoiler please.

coreyb2

spoiler:
    you need to find more notes I think then head to the library.

Corey:

spoiler:
    The evidence you have to find for the expert objective are things that will implicate the murderer directly (who I'm sure you know by now). The murder-weapon does, because it is marked with his initial (not damning, but suggestive). The blackmail note, however, doesn't - it doesn't mention his name or anything about him. There's three more pieces of evidence besides the hammer, and they're all readables.

You probably do have the right desk - it's the one with the investigator's notes all over it. You will hear a little harp chime when you drop a piece of evidence onto it, and the piece of evidence will then become non-pick-upable.

If you need further hints (major spoilers for if you're stumped):

spoiler:
    1. The scribbled-out drafts of the blackmail note that you find under the blackmailer's body is evidence, because they mention the murderer's name along with what the witness saw.

2. The angry letter to Merlon from the murderer found in the priests' quarters is evidence, because though it doesn't mention the murderer's name it provides a strong motive.

3. The snotty letter from Merlon to the murderer found in the murderer's quarters is also evidence, because it connects #2 directly with the murderer and strengthens the motive.

4. And of course, #4 is the hammer you already found :)

Thanks to Eshkataar and Yandros for your comments about the art, it's nice to know they were appreciated The custom readables especially were a lot of fun to do.

spoiler:
    Those of you anal enough might notice that several of the snippets on the blackmail note match the holes cut out of the page of the scripture book

Thank you all for the comments! I'm glad you like the mission.

Originally posted by John D.
    Actually in first Night Falcon series, Christine has a couple of impressive Hammerite levels.
    I haven't downloaded the series, the huge download scares my poor modem... Though now that I know that there are Hammerite missions in it, how can I resist?
    By the way, do you mind me borrowing the staircase via multibrush Morrgan?
    Not at all, go ahead.

Great Mission Morrgan!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I also meant to thank you profusely for the rafter sneaking, it's just about my favorite thing to do in Thief. One of the few redeeming qualities of Casing/Masks...

I guess the question for me is

Where the heck can I get the garden key?

Ethne:
    Small hint: If you haven't got the key, you're missing something in the Engineer's Quarters. Look carefully...

Bigger hint: ...in the fireplace. The thing you're missing will give you a new objective. Complete the objective, and you'll find the key outside the garden door.

Mission complete except for finding one more piece of evidence.
    spoiler:
    I have two notes but I'm missing what I guess would be the weapon. I found a broken hammer near the ring and some coins but it's not frobbable. I recombed the whole map many times...HELP!

Stop that, you'll make me run out of blue ink
    spoiler:
    There's a hint about where to find the murder weapon in the Engineers' Quarters. You'll also be able to hear it, when you get close enough.

There's actually four pieces of evidence to find, so you could skip that one. Read the first of the spoilers in my reply to Corey for a hint on what to look for, or the second of the spoilers for a complete list.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast