TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: keening(powerfull dagger)

keening(powerfull dagger)

Hi all, i finally managed 2 register, and this is my first post
    There is a extremly powerful dagger i found, with the name of "keening", it probably would be one of the best items in vwardenfell(9-15, 9-15, 9-18, 9 weight, 400k value, constant effect:
    fortify magicka 50 points on self, fortify health 30 points on self,
    fortify attack 30 points on self, fortify agility 20 points on self,
    fortify speed 20 points on self)
    ,if it wasnt 4 this damn equipping problem;
    u die shortly after u equip it...
    i'd say its prolly due 2 the script that u can find by checking out keening out in the editor... i wonder if theres a "not-cheating" way of being able 2 use this godly item, like a quest that "repairs" it..., instead of just changing the scipt or deleting it, wich would b 2 my opignon cheating -.0'

Thank you in advance 4 ure replies
    Last edited by Newbie; 29th Jan 2004 at 11:34.

Really? Keening, you say? How extraordinary. Where did you find such a remarkable weapon?

*cough* Seriously, that is part of the Main Quest. That artifact is so powerful that handling it requires special equipment.

Z

MEANS ITS POSSIBLE 2 EQUIP IT?!! woohooooo
    and what equipement does it require?
    its probably part of the main quest 2 i guess, right?
    Last edited by Newbie; 29th Jan 2004 at 11:32.

Yep, it's part of the main quest. All in good time. You can't just find stumble upon it like Keening, anyway. It needs to be given to you.

Oh, and Keening isn't actually that powerful a weapon, but it has lots of fancy enchantments and stuff, which I suppose is quite useful.

How did you find it, anyway?

Z

well, i didnt actually FIND it(i dont go 2 an english school, so my english can cause misunderstandings, as we just experienced ), but found out about it scanning the powerful items in the editor, because im planning on starting a new mage char which i want 2 be "perfect", but i need information about best weapon/armor 4 a mage, so thats how i stumbled on keening, which is the best weapon 4 a mage, isnt it? (means id take short blade as a Major/Minor Skill)....
    Last edited by Newbie; 29th Jan 2004 at 13:22.

It isn't out and out the best weapon for a 'mage', indeed for that wave your hands about a bit and cast some spells. Characters aren't restricted by their class as to what they can do, though of course skills affect the effectiveness of them. Keening certainly is one of the best short swords around, but then if you are just going for power, you can wield a lot more powerful items than that. Depends really on what sort of character you wish to play.

lol, with "mage" i meant a custom class, mage just beeing a allaround expression 4 a char which strength lies within its magicka recources and the ability 2 use them... the weapon id use would be just in cases where my magicka would be used up or when an enemy would approach my weapons range... do you know of any good onehanded weapons other than keening which boost int, eventually willpower 2 the rate of keening, or even better ?

btw,
    - thanks 4 the replies

this rly IS an active forum

Uhh, Keening doesn't boost intelligence and willpower, it boosts Agility and Speed (my one, anyway)

I'm not aware of any weapons that do that (weapons that fortify your abilites with CE are pretty rare) but I'm not the expert on items. If you want one that badly you could enchant one yourself (difficult for a low-level character) or make on in the Construction Set (not very hard, actually) but that probably counts as "cheating"

Z

fortify magicka 50 points on self, fortify health 30 points on self, fortify attack 30 points on self, fortify agility 20 points on self, fortify speed 20 points on self
    @enchanting... i could also pay some guys 2 enchant the items 4 me , but thats rather expensive as u prolly know urself^^

Couldn't find a sword with enough enchantment anyway.

A question on enchanted weapons. If your enchant skill is really high, does a weapon/item use less charge every time you use it? I don't know why this occured to me, but I do know you can recharge more of an item if your enchantment skill is high.

i think ure enchantement skill only plays a role in the moment when u enchant the item(talking about the charges),... but what if u let someone else enchant ure item... would it use the least charges prossible?

Enchant
    This skill governs the creation, use, and recharging of enchanted items. Skilled enchanters are more successful at creating new items. Enchanted items burn less power, and are recharged more efficiently from soul gems, for a trained user.
    The rather vague skill description seems to imply that yes, it does make a difference. I haven't noticed it, though.

Z

Thanks. Just caught me replying to Newbie. I'll have to look into it, I guess. The Daedric Crescent seems to run out of charge too fast... As well as my paralyzing longblades (found them in the smuggler cave in Bloodmoon. Those things are awesome.)

u can actually recharge items with soul gems ? ok, i c...
    oh, and btw, i read somewhere that it was possible 2 remove enchantements from items, like u can also remove spells, is that true, and if yes, how?

Ryushi: Yup, it's true; cheat your enchanting to ~300, and alot of the time you don't even use 1 point.

Newbie: Nope, we've seen noone able to prove you can remove enchantments except via the editor... and we've had people that swore themselves blue in the face that you can. (they never gave instructions how, though)

I was looking for that thread. What happened to it?

The guy PM'ed me and told me that the alleged 'Bethesda designer' was actually his brother who was 'just messing around' and 'often forgets that people online are real people.' But he still swore you could remove enchantments. He said it involved the Trader and... that... khajit woman in the sewers under Mournhold.

Morrowind.TTLG.com

Thread was Gulagged and offending members banned. Such is the way of things.

-Striker
    The views expressed in my post are not necessarily mine.

Originally posted by RyushiBlade
    The guy PM'ed me and told me that the alleged 'Bethesda designer' was actually his brother who was 'just messing around' and 'often forgets that people online are real people.'
    I didn't know padded cells had internet access.

Re: Enchanting/charge use. The higher your enchant rating, the less charge an item uses with each attack/use. So uber weapons like Umbra become, uh, more uber with higher enchant skills

I think it's in the manual, I'm not sure...

... YEAH! I'm totally gonna boost my enchant skill now. Thanks ^.^

rofl@
    I didn't know padded cells had internet access.
    , and thanks again 2 u all ure replies, guess ill be using this forum for some more time

Hi guys! Can I add an enchanting question? Or two?
    1) Is there any item in the game that will hold 502 enchant points? ( CE cure para)
    2) How do you go about changing the enchantment value of an item you own in the Editor?
    Thanks!

1.) Nope. The highest is a Daedric Towershield. I can't remember the exact numbers, but isn't it around... 250? 225? Something like that. I find it useful for CE Restore Health.

2.) In the CS, go to the Enchant tab. Right click on the list and select new. Then find the effects you want and down at the bottom change the Enchant Charge and Enchant Cost. To put this effect on an item, go to the Weapons tab and find the weapon you're looking for, then select your enchantment from the drop down list next to the Enchanting tab.

Thank You Ryushi for the helpful knowledge!

One more question... Am I limited to the enchantment charge/cost of the item; need to stay below 225? I don't know how much freedom the editor allows you.

If you're in the editor, you're not limited by the enchantment points of an item. But you can work in the enchantment with the CS and not have to worry about how much the item can actually hold. Hope that makes sense...

I think so Thank You!