TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Ochiru - What the hell??

Ochiru - What the hell??

Exactly what in the world is this FM about? Anyone know? All I can think of is maybe I'm supposed to feed the zombies way below but that doesn't work.

Is that the one with the long drop and a Zombie at the bottom?

If so, then the idea was to use Thief's physics bug to get to the bottom without dying!

I have heard that some taffers just run and jump towards the doorway and hope that when they hit the floor and die, their body would slide through the doorway and complete the mission. (If you can call it a mission!)

EDIT: Ack, too slow...

This is the only one of the Japanese missions I've been able to finish. You're supposed to find a way down from the ledge and into the room at the bottom. Quite fun when you find the solution.

Hint:
    spoiler:
    The body is up there with you for a reason.
    Last edited by Morrgan; 31st Jan 2004 at 03:28.
    Morrgan's Dark Projects: my FMs and FM reviews - 10.03.2008: All for a Night's Sleep updated to v1.1

Originally posted by sluggs
    (If you can call it a mission!)
    That's exactly my point. What makes anyone think it's anything more than a little demo mission or something they thought up and built in 10 minutes? At least don't jump to so many conclusions without the author saying, "Yes, I spend 10 years on that one. It's my Masterwork, so please play nicely."

Just my opinion.

deadman.

Yes, this is clearly a demo mission to show the Dark Engine's behavior when the player drops a body while falling. Pretty interesting, actually. I never realized you get pushed back in midair when you do.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    So that "feature" still works with NewDark?

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Yes, of course. Why not?
    I used that feature often whilst testing a ND T2 mission recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    So that "feature" still works with NewDark?
    Yes, as does the blackjack fall cancel, as well as using lean forward to land on Garrett's "chin" to avoid taking any damage to the lower hitbox. Can also lean sideways too but I'm pretty sure leaning forward separates the 2 hitboxes slightly more.

I never heard about the engine oddities you listed, Psych0sis. I am learning more than one new thing about the game here. I would love to see a demo mission which explains all the known engine oddities and which can only be completed if players exploit them - like an extended version of Ochiru.

The only way to get to the Easter Egg in The Acid Trip is by using this "feature".

Quote Originally Posted by Morrgan View Post
    EDIT: Ack, too slow...

This is the only one of the Japanese missions I've been able to finish.
    That made me chuckle. Is there some history behind the Japanese missions? I think I stumbled upon one or two so far.

i enjoyed jis missions the most

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    I never heard about the engine oddities you listed, Psych0sis. I am learning more than one new thing about the game here. I would love to see a demo mission which explains all the known engine oddities and which can only be completed if players exploit them - like an extended version of Ochiru.
    There's more where that came from, you can wall clip by walking up to a thin wall (1 dromed unit), blocking with the blackjack, turning slightly and leaning then jumping. If you lean right, turn to the right very slightly while looking downwards.

There's also a nice little quirk where, if you bind mousewheel up/down to jump, and jump from atop an object while moving (so like, stand on top of a table OBJECT and move then scroll), you'll get massive speed if you scroll hard.

I seem to know the most useless stuff, eh?

You can block with the blackjack?!