TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Going back into Morrowind!

Going back into Morrowind!

Well, I picked up a copy of Morrowind at release, and I think I've finally decided that it's about time to get back into it.

I've got both the expansions, and I'm really looking forward to playing through and writing about the game.

Who's got suggestions for fun types of characters to play, hmm?

Whatever your personality type is, play that As far as which House to join (which can influence character development), I'd say the Telvanni are the "coolest" and the Hlaalu are the "sneakiest". The Redorans just leave me cold.

I love the character I have now. The only suggestions I have are:

1) If you want an easier time on the main quest, be a girl. You'll see why when you hit the Telvanni Councilors.

and 2) Make your Mark spell spot at the Scamp Trader in Caldera, Creeper. I did this early in the game and I ONLY trade with him. That way, if I sell him a magic item that I need later, I can easily go back and buy it from him. I'd also choose one trader to barter with for things Creeper won't buy. You'll be glad you did.

If you have the expansions, forget Creeper. There are merchants in Mournhold with twice the cash.

Mmm... yes and no; even then, Creeper and the Mudcrab are still good for getting a high payoff for items, seeing as the NPC code doesn't seem to adjust prices for the Merchant skill (or whatever it is)

Even without getting full price for items, sell enough daedric and ebony gear and you're rolling in cash anyway. Besides Creeper requires too much item-juggling and the mudrab is a pain in the arse to reach. That lady armourer in the Mournhold Bazaar is ideal for flogging suprplus kit.

Also, from a roleplaying point of view, I don't like "shortcuts" that circumvent the need for a skill.
    Last edited by Chimpy Chompy; 19th Feb 2004 at 18:57.