TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Return to Bafford Manor Completed! 2/25/2004

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010

John98

Glad to here

Best luck in sneaksie/thievsie!

fibanocci

Thanks for the advice. Just need to find about 400 loot and I'm out of here. I have enjoyed the visit back to Lord Bafford's. There is enough changes to keep it interesting.

I'm short loot.
    spoiler:
    I have the Tiara from the sewer, the diamond from the secret room w/zombie, the flute (though I can't remember where I picked it up), which brings me to 2219g. I only slashed the one banner to access the beams above the "throne room".

What am I missing?
    I told my husband that I was downloading the patch for Thief. He said, "Good! It's about time you kicked that addiction."

There's stuff scattered all over, Diana. I missed a couple of things and had to get some help finding them from darthsLair. Did you notice
    spoiler:
    the torc lying on the platform floor beside the chest in the throne room? The other thing I missed was a ring lying under the armoire in the fancy bedroom upstairs in Baffords (the one Ramirez is in). There's also a ring in the bathing pool upstairs.

If none of those do it, email me and I'll send you the list. I'll send it to epithumia soon after he's had a chance to catch up on things from his holidays.

OH!!!! That ring got me in the original mission too, now that I recall!! I had to just click around until I got it. I never can see the little bugger. I missed the one under the armoire too. Thanks! Guess I need that loot list after all - I now have 2491 sooooooo close.

Story of my life.
    I told my husband that I was downloading the patch for Thief. He said, "Good! It's about time you kicked that addiction."

stuck here

This one has me confused:
    spoiler:
    in the secret room with the zombie there is a switch on the wall that does not work. Is it supposed to?

This one too:
    spoiler:
    I think on the top floor of the mansion there is a stairway that leads down into a stone corridor. It appears to be a dead end. I'm sure it must open up somehow right?

And lastly, I still don't understand the 'search and destroy' objective. I've killed or ko'd everyone I can find!

help!!!

I still can't finish the mission. Two objectives remain: 'search and destroy' and 'find more evidence'. Don't have a clue here. Does anyone know the answers? Please?

Sorry I missed seeing this post originally.

The "search and destroy" objective refers to
    spoiler:
    a man named Brosnos. He is in a room that is south past the front door of the Hammer jail office (??? if that's what it is).

Recover more evidence is ticked off by
    spoiler:
    reading a scroll on the table in Bafford's fancy bedroom, the one now occupied by Ramirez.

The lever on the wall in the zombie room doesn't appear to do anything but you'd have to check with darthsLair to know for sure.

I think that the
    spoiler:
    stairs on the top level that lead down into a dead end are the ones that took you into a small office in the OM. There was some loot there, then I think. As far as I know, there's nothing there in this mission.

AHH, that did it. I had ko'd him and left him. Thanks again Nightwalker!

What a bummer. Releasing Cutty won't check off for me. All others checked off though. I had the same problem of Cutty frobbing the door right after I did, which made it stay closed even though it was unlocked. So I locked it with the key and then unlocked it again and it opened. 'Guess this one is finished.

'Sure did miss the speed jump bug. I only reinstalled TDP yesterday - 'been playing T2 FM's lately.

Just letting him go didn't tick it off for me. I had to
    spoiler:
    read the scroll that's sitting in the room and then it ticked off.

Is Brosnos identified by name, as opposed to the generic "unconscious body". His room was empty when I got to it, and I haven't found anyone whose death triggers the objective.
    Also, no matter what I did after Cutty's escape... walk into and out of the cell, read that scroll etc... that objective doesnt trigger either.
    Lastly, even with Nightwalker's loot list, I remain under the asked for minimum 2500 (2316). That's understandable seeing as many of the rooms in the mansion are hard to describe/identify/pinpoint.

Other than that, I'm content LOL

Oopps...the two nuggets in the sewer brings it up to 2466/2866. 400 in loot unaccounted for. And I did find the torc in the throne room
    Last edited by Clock; 26th Apr 2005 at 16:08.

Yes, Brosnos is labelled when you pick him up. He's wearing a black, thief-type outfit.

Sorry if the loot list is a bit hard to follow but you're right that it's very difficult in this mission to describe the location of rooms.

Hmmm...I've yet to meet the guy. Where do you find him? He wasn't in his room. Wasn't walking around the streets. Does he end up in the mansion?

As far as I know, he is supposed to stay in that room, just south past the front of the Hammer building. Maybe you hit a glitch of some sort? It's always possible.

Interesting...I restarted the game twice and went directly to the room (It's the only door that frobs other than the two Hammerite doors), and each time it was vacant. I'll try a third time, then carry on one way or the other.

I was playing on Expert if that makes any difference.

I just checked on Expert and he was there right at the beginning of the game. It's really strange that he isn't there when you play.

Here's a thought....there's a note on the ground right when you start in front of the entrenceway to the mansion guarded by three men. Everytime I try to read it, I get booted back to Darkloader. So I just don't bother reading it. Maybe it triggers whats-his-face to materialize. Because there is no one resembling him on the streets or in the mansion. Did you read that note before you went to the door to pick open?

Restarted on Expert, did NOT read that note (though it doesn't crash the game for me when I do read it) and he was still in the room so no connection there. It does make me suspicious that you get a crash, though. Have you considered downloading a new copy and starting over to see if that fixes anything?

What I will do is wait until I get TG
    Then replay it and see what happens because my current TDP is so worn out, there were some files that could not be copied, yet the game tends to play regardless. This could be a consequence of that however.
    After that, I'll download the FM again and see if that fixxes things.

Where is the "evidence to link Ramirez" ?
    Where did Cutty go ?

There are so many scrolls and such in this level, I can't remember which one ticks off the objective.

Cuddy runs to that corner of town where the drunk guard is protecting a gate. Go south from the gate. You'll see a heavily shaded area. Cuddy kept ending up there (for me anyway)

Keeper_G
    spoiler:
    There's a switch beside an armoire in Baffords bedroom. It opens secret doorway in hallway down near servants’ bedrooms & kitchen. Inside, there’s a dagger (The Evidence).

The water is supposed to look like this or is it my Logan doom-thief texture ?
    What's the mystery behind the killer water ? Is it a Deadly Blue Shadows allusion ?
    Isn't there too much light in this mission ?
    I found only 2666 loot and I don't like how the mission ends when all the ojectives are complete, maybe I want to find all the loot and finish the mission when I want.

Does anyone know if there is a sword to be had in this FM.
    There was one leaning against the wall in the sentry place near the entrance to Baffords but it was not frobbable.

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast