TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: C5: The Focus.. ?

Hello thieves!

Who please helps to solve me a problem.

I am located in the area underneath the sculpture in the library.
    Here I see the four elements (water, fire, earth, air) however in
    addition can I only over the coffin a gold lump discover.

Which gives to here otherwise still get it or to which this area serves?!

Another problem, like I can kill the spirit and with what. If it should be
    holy water, then I would have to only still find this however. From
    where I receive the holy water around the spirit thereby to destroy.

Greetings you Gitan

spoiler:
    Frob elements. Air, Fire, Earth and Water...'a few' was a hint in letter.

loved this FM

again an old problem

Hello of thieves!

Unfortunately I need for this FM renewed assistance
    get one thank God rapid and good support here.

With what can I hunt or kill the spirit?

My renewed question (this had already times posed) reads:
    There are now here holy water arrows and if, where I find these.

Hope for imminent answer and remain to greeting

Gitan

The spirit dies from
    spoiler:
    holy water

It could be found in secret
    spoiler:
    basement behind keeper statue.
    There are four amulets, press them: air, fire, earth then water

GREAT mision! It seems so huge!
    Funny thing happened to me: I crawled into safe and closed it's door... and it isn't possible to open it again (locked myself)... game over...

I'm missing a key/ cog whatever.
    spoiler:
    I have found the one on the table and the one in Jackson's room. Where is the other?

Also I have opened the secret room with the big keyhole next to the statue but can find nothing of value. Wot am I missing?

Phillys,There's a pencil holder on Garibaldi's desk that frobs to open a safe ... For the missing gear key, poke around a little more past that big keyhole. There is stuff down there. IIRC a button or switch on a pillar.

I am well into this mission and have to echo someone elses thoughts that this mission does not feel like a small mission at all!! It feel pretty darn big! It is also very well constructed so far and I am having a great time with it. I don't know if anyone has hazarded any guesses about the author, but the atmosphere and the puzzles remind me an awful lot of Ominous Bequest....Possibly?

Whoever, did it....great job and thanks!

Thiefmissions.com

Would it be possible for someone who knows DromEd to load up this missions and post a couple of screenshots of the layout? I'm still having a hard time figuring out how all of that fits into the limits required by the contest.

More Questions

1. How do I save the keeper's souls?

2. The secret in the basement
    spoiler:
    ie. the lever frobbed beneath the grille in the floor.
    What does it do?

3. On what table do I put thingy's ring? I can't remember where I picked up that scroll.

Thanx dudes.

Phillys,
    spoiler:
    Saving the Keepers' souls. IIRC you'll need to put their skulls on the three pedestals and activate the machine. Then grab their skulls again. Trick with the skulls that I had was just dropping the skulls on the pedestals didn't work. You've got to use the skulls on the pedestal plates.

I'm thinking there's a gate or wall or something that opens when you pull the lever in the sewer beneath the grate in the cell floor. Going through that gets you to the body of the inhouse thief. And there's a small reward there high up on the wall.

I put the ring on the table right beside the light sleeper's bed. It may work elsewhere too but I didn't try that. As to which room. I'm having a little trouble remembering that. There's a guy sleeping there. The hallway has four doors. One's a loo. One you won't be able to open until the very end of the mission. The third one has just a bed in it. And the one with the sleeper. I think it's near the beginning of the mission just after you get upstairs.
    Luck.

This author really has squeezed an amazing amount of playing area into the competition space. There isnt a single cubic unit which isnt productive. I wonder if the author built the mansion in leggo bricks before starting? I cant visualise it even with dromed!

I finished this mission, but I still need to find 10 loot and 1 secret.
    Could somebody please post or pm a full list of secrets? Thanks

Secrets:
    spoiler:
    1. lever behind the broken table in the cell beside the spot where the mission starts.
    2. Coin under the edge of a sofa in the first small sitting room you come to on your way up from the basement.
    3. Out in the back garden, there's a lever behind a plant on the right, at the far end. It opens a panel in the end wall.
    4. Move the boxes in the storeroom just down the hall from Friend Spinozza's room. Crawl in under the stairs and open the chest.
    5. Sitting room that is down the stairs that are off of the big main foyer: Flip the lever behind the corner table..............................
    6. Tower - Look for a lever on the base of the right-hand statue and flip it to move the statue.

Are you 10g. short of the total available or just of what you need to complete the mission? I've never found the last 100g. in this mission, despite looking fairly carefully. I don't suppose you've kept a loot list, have you? (If it's 10 g. short of the total available, of course. )
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 15th Sep 2011 at 15:56. Reason: added 6th secret

Gone, but never forgotten
    Nightwalker,

My loot list in french :

http://ladyjo1.free.fr/FM/liste_du_b..._The_Focus.htm

Thanks Nightwalker, but I already found all of the secrets in your list. Do you know where the sixth is?

As to the loot, I'm 10 short of the total available. But no, I'm sorry to say I haven't kept a loot list. I never do that, because usually I need a loot list myself

Did you get the Mona Lisa painting from the Master's room? I stumbled on that one only by accident because I looked for the painting that hides one of the skulls which was mentioned in this thread, but I couldn't remember which one it was.

Originally posted by Lady Jo
    My loot list in french :
    Lucky I have a french dictionary I finally found the last bit of loot. There are only two pieces with a value of 10 in the list and it was the second one. I stopped picking up those worthless looking grey dishes, as they're always junk. Looks like I was wrong this time

Now all I need is the sixth secret...

P.S.: Nightwalker, if my dictionary doesn't betray me, my hint above should be correct. It's the only 100 item in the list.

amulets?

I have reached the secret library under the keeper's statue using
    spoiler:
    the medallion.

All I find are a couple books and one piece of loot. I see no switches nor any amulets. I see the floor drain but nothing at all frobbable in or near it. Is there another room under here?

Look
    spoiler:
    on a post for a lever. It's down near the floor, I think. It will open a panel in the floor and you'll get into another room down below.

I can't believe I didn't see it. Oh, I know...my cat was after my attention.
    Thanks again Nightwalker.

Heard but not seen

I'm stuck on the mission the Focus (very suspenseful). I've been able to do everything except get into Lord Garibaldi's room and kill him. I definitely hear an apparition's voice (the Lord, predictably), but I can't find any way into that room.

spoiler:
    There's a little secret room you get into by flipping a switch near the control console for the Focus. In that room, flip a small lever in behind the pipe in the SE corner and another secret door opens. You'll find a teleport that will take you to the room. I think you must have already been in here because this is where you find Keeper Gobel’s Skull.

I nesd to find a key for the door at the third floor where de statues are?
    please help me

Wonderful mission! Like someone else before me said, this mission doesn't feel small at all.
    Managed to ghost the mission, although I had some close calls. Not sure about the Watcher on the 2nd floor. He does go to yellow alert a lot.
    Found all secrets and got all the loot.

spoiler:
    Is the Bonus objective :" No KO" actually only doable if I don't do the optional one to kill the Master (and vice versa)??
    That doesn't seem right, since you don't "ko" him (you don't even kill him, just end his undead state ).

Gee,

All the bad guys get the really really good seers, always know I am coming!

What do the keepers get?

GAMAL!
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 25th Dec 2009 at 03:53.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast