TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: C5: The Focus.. ?

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I FINALLY finished playing this great FM!!!!! I only started playing it last year (yeah - a whole year ago), but then RL intervened and I totally lost track of the several FMs I'd never finished - til yesterday that is.

So this is a belated thanks & thumbs up to Ramirez's old fat Burrick (helluva nick, btw) for the time & effort he put into creating this fun FM. Thanks Ramirez (and all else who were involved).

NewDark 64│ Contest Winner
    I just played this too about three weeks ago. Contest 5 produced several awesome FMs.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    This is one of my favorites from C5 as well, and anything Daniel makes is golden as far as I'm concerned.

The Focus, Into The Maelstrom, The Relic, House Of Random, Viktor Gaspar, The Saint, Fate Of The Art, A Guard Called Benny, The Haunting, The Summit (from 19 FMs total) - IMO, C5 produced the most innovative & overall best quality of any contest (so far).

(And, although I turned up a bit later, The Focus was my pick as best).

help

I┤m replaying this mission this time on expert, i am suppose to find a key for the first keeper slot skull cell, anyone remebers where cnan i find the key of the first cell?

so any help, please

cardia - you should try the Advanced Search more often. Try this thread.

This was a nice mission, both in story as well as architecture! Oh, and the texts were nice, too. About the Focus and mage research and such, very deep. The reminder of Spinozza was a nice little puzzle, though I didn't have much fun with that as I am quite lazy. Did like the other cryptic (or whatever it is called) texts of the statues, though. However, I do not understand why all statues were given those riddles that cannot even be 'solved' - other than just being true poetry . Can't think of any other reason than to cover up the riddle of the Sister in the tower.
    The English in the texts wasn't bad IMO. Some of those words used...

Had to use Nightwalker's list of secrets, but wasn't that helpful as it doesn't have an answer on my question where the 6th secret is...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Secrets:
    spoiler:
    1. lever behind the broken table in the cell beside the spot where the mission starts.
    2. Coin under the edge of a sofa in the first small sitting room you come to on your way up from the basement.
    3. Out in the back garden, there's a lever behind a plant on the right, at the far end. It opens a panel in the end wall.
    4. Move the boxes in the storeroom just down the hall from Friend Spinozza's room. Crawl in under the stairs and open the chest.
    5. Sitting room that is down the stairs that are off of the big main foyer: Flip the lever behind the corner table.
    So, anyone?
    I did (find): (played on Expert)
    - Jenny's ring & placed on bed table (BONUS OBJECTIVE)
    - Killed the Master* (OPTIONAL)
    - Cracked the Master's safe (BONUS)

*Therefore, I opened the 'grave' in the Keeper tomb. Wasn't that a secret on it's own? I did that and all of the above, but my stats show 5/6 secrets... -.-
    Last edited by Evelin Ash; 14th Sep 2011 at 19:31.

I obviously hadn't found the 6th secret when I posted that so I've added it to that post now. The last one is in the Tower. Look for a lever on the base of the right-hand statue and flip it to move the statue.

Ah thanks Nightwalker!

I would have found that one hard secret to find! Notice how it seems to 'vanish' completely after you frobbed it?!

bikerdude
    I just played/re-played this FM, as I didnt remember playing it before...

what a blast..

Playing this one and having some probs:
    1 - when I climb the ladder to what I think is the library and pull the lever, always have a crash to desktop. Any other way in there
    2 - in the round where you have to put the skulls, there's a portcullis that frobs but neither the lockpicks or the keys I have open it
    3 - there's no guard wearing Jackson's key....

Thanks for any help!

What an absorbing mission

Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    Since some goals come and go in this mission nice mission as some players found out, I made a small fix.

Code:
    DML1//TheFocus//goal fix//miss21.mis.dml

+ObjProp 736 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" TrapRelay
    }
    +ObjProp 736 "TrapFlags"  
    {
        "" Once,NoOff
    }
    -Link 636 822 "ControlDevice"
    -Link 636 656 "ControlDevice"
    -Link 636 853 "ControlDevice"
    +Link 636 736 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +Link 736 822 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +Link 736 853 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +Link 736 656 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }

+ObjProp 51 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" Trigcontained
    }
    +Link 51 80 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 80 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }
    +ObjProp 80 "TrapQVar"
    {
        "" =1:goal_irreversible_7
    }
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 4th Sep 2019 at 18:07.

i stuck . where can i get the code for the safe in highest floor ? and how does this function with the three agtes and the machine with the three gear wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
    For those of you looking for Gobel's gear....

spoiler:
    Go to the Office with the painting that frobs and sounds as if it can be unlocked. On the desk is a small round pen-holder?. Get very close to it and frob it. This opens the painting.
    sorry i cannot find this office wit ha frobbable picture an a penholder . i'm also looking for Gobel's skull und Reinert's gear . plese help me

Both Gobel's Skull and Reinert's gear are in the Masters bedroom, level 6

To get there search the library, level 5

Spoiler: Lever behind vase in a bookcase.

To get to the office on level 6 where Gobel's gear is search the small west sitting area on level 5

Spoiler: Small lever by side table

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Both Gobel's Skull and Reinert's gear are in the Masters bedroom, level 6

To get there search the library, level 5

Spoiler: Lever behind vase in a bookcase.

To get to the office on level 6 where Gobel's gear is search the small west sitting area on level 5

Spoiler: Small lever by side table
    sorry in the library the lever behind a vase opens a secret door, which goes down by a ladder and a second ladder , which brings Garrett to this rooem, where the three gears are needed.

Your not looking hard enough

Check behind the upright pipe.
    Last edited by fortuni; 26th Aug 2019 at 09:24.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Sorry but your not looking hard enough

Check behind the upright pipe in the small room with a desk.
    ok i got the lever ,and i hear a noise , but what did this lever open?

Your probably blocking the door, it's right beside the pipe.
    Last edited by fortuni; 26th Aug 2019 at 09:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    Since some goals come and go in this mission [...] I made a small fix.
    Unexpectedly I played this fabulous mission today and had a strange problem with one of the objectives. At the very end of the mission, when I crossed into the final room (through the backdoor), everything seemed to be OK but ONLY when I stopped immediately after final ding-dong sound was playing.

The objectives looked normal then:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijlnvob1kxhesmz/gd.png

But when I didn't stop and went deeper into the room, one of the objectives was canceled...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9a9l1x2if6c406l/bd.png

Could some additional line in Your *.DML file heal that? :) Just in case - here You have a savegame before I crossing into the feller room (straight ahead to finish the mission).
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhx3xrgpf9y173f/sav.7z

Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    No problem. Edited the code.

I guess today is my bug day! I assume the "Jenny┤d like to have her ring back"-task is a bonus objective? I mean why else would I get her ring and place it on her table?! At least that┤s what I did, but nothing triggered from it. And I tried the bed table and the other table, nothing worked.

But not mentioning the bug, this was an extremely nice mission. Absolutely enjoyed playing it. Thanks alot for this!

I played this recently, there was a scroll mentioning it but it had no open objective, just the bonus when completed & it worked ok for me.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast