TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: C5 The Relic -help

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Ah yes, UliB... if that's indeed a secret, then that's the other one I found.

As for your question about the
    spoiler:
    magazine... it's hidden behind a small, non-slashable dragon banner as you're coming downstairs in one of the houses... I think the one where you found Brother Wilhelm's scroll.

As far as I remember, there are few secrets:

spoiler:
    - fountain
    - back of the church
    - 2 secrets in priest's house (banner, armchair)
    - 1 in Edward's apartment
    - 1 in Edward's shop (front display)

And there is probably some funny Easter Egg...

Thanks, Yandros. Is there a use for the candle you can find in the graveyard ?

Edward..............

Can anybody help me with the quest with Edward?
    spoiler:
    The relic is mine, the fake relic is on itīs place. Now I have the card of Edward a I tried put it on some places in graveyard, but without accomplishment of guest. Where I must to put it?

Re: Edward..............

Originally posted by Kiz
    Can anybody help me with the quest with Edward?
    spoiler:
    The relic is mine, the fake relic is on itīs place. Now I have the card of Edward a I tried put it on some places in graveyard, but without accomplishment of guest. Where I must to put it?
    spoiler:
    Try to put it in the sanctuary.

Thanks for that Nightwalker. I had looked around that area but obviously not hard enough.

I turned the statues so they don't face the portal, but the portal stays where it is.

Did I hit a bug.

To Bukary

Thanks

Originally posted by Dark Arrow
    I turned the statues so they don't face the portal, but the portal stays where it is.

Did I hit a bug.
    No.
    spoiler:
    The statues should not face YOU.

Well they aren't facing me as I "enter" the portal that way. I have tried sneaking past them.Turnned them around

[Edit] Nevermind figured it out. You have to make them face the walls[/Edit]

Originally posted by UliB
    Is there a use for the candle you can find in the graveyard ?
    Yes.
    spoiler:
    Place it on the ledger in the sanctuary. But mind that you will probably have to use some tool found earlier (in the secret place) to see what is under the ledger.

And if you still don't know what to do...
    spoiler:
    There's some secret switch behind armchair in one of the houses. It opens secret closet where you'll find scouting orb. Place the candle in the sanctuary. Use scouting orb to see what is under the ledger.

BTW,
    spoiler:
    has anyone found gas arrows?
    Last edited by bukary; 13th Mar 2004 at 12:43.

Eh, somehow missed bukary's post above Dark Arrow's problem.

Anyway...

spoiler:
    has anyone found gas arrows?
    spoiler:
    Yes, they were in passage to inkeeper's house, check the ledges above you.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Now, my problems.

spoiler:
    I can's seem to find graveyard key. Gone past both portals, took fake relic, died, reloaded, frobbed symbol for secret passage, went down...and no key...And, I had no statues on my way up where's fake relic.

Nm about that one above. Figured I don't have to die getting
    spoiler:
    false relic.

spoiler:
    And, can tell someone a little more about fountain secret, been there, 'touched' it in every way, but nothing frobbable I found.

Anyway finished but some things still missing...

spoiler:
    3500 out of 3888, 2 of 3 pockets picked and 3 of 4 secrets(fountain guess 4th but can't get it to work)
    Last edited by Nens; 13th Mar 2004 at 14:41.

re: Nens

spoiler:
    The fountain can be shut off from the water valve on the big vertical pipe nearby, this will reveal a switch underneath one of the lion heads.

Oh silly me. Thank you.

Still 175 in loot to go. Not a big deal but like when I collect all.
    Last edited by Nens; 15th Mar 2004 at 12:08.

Thiefmissions.com

This is really my favorite mission so far. There is essentially no wasted space, I didn't need any hints to finish, and the architecture is very nice.

Can you get through that door next to the cell in the guard station, or to the second floor?

Originally posted by epithumia
    This is really my favorite mission so far. There is essentially no wasted space, I didn't need any hints to finish, and the architecture is very nice.
    The author will be pleased to hear that...
    Can you get through that door next to the cell in the guard station
    No.

arghhhhhhhhh! can somebody please tell me very specifically where
    spoiler:
    the ledger is? i have been all through the sanctuary, or at least what i think is the sanctuary and can not find it...there is book of revelation and book of changes....but NO ledger...i have been blinded by too much clandestine frobbin'

spoiler:
    Ledger is in the room where you found false relic, right of you if you come from below...think now that's only way in as other is blocked by statues.

Ghost

Totally baffled

[Anybody]

I've accomplished all the objectives (so far) except for one: "Discover the secret of Edward the jeweller".

I have no idea how to proceed. I went up to the sanctuary and found that if I use the candle on the "ledger" -- you mean the stele or fallen tombstone? -- it disappears, leaving a square hole. But that's just an Easter egg.

I have the map from the house where you stick the knife in the teeth of the snakeman... but again, what is the point? What am I supposed to do with it?

I have the Special Patients files of H. Lector, but I have no idea what to do with them.

What did I miss in Edwards's house? Is there a key to the jewelry display, or perhaps a secret way to open them? How do I "discover the secret?"

Help!

Dafydd

spoiler:
    There is secret door in his apartment. Check close to the windows for the switch.

Thiefmissions.com

spoiler:
    There are secrets on the second and third floors of Edward's apartment. (Counting in the American fashion.) I believe you need to find the secret on the second floor in order for the objective to tick off.

Ghost

All right, almost done....

[Folks]

I've completed all the objectives, including the Edwards arc. But I think I read here about some other objective that involves the files I took from Lector's house. I guess this is one of those objectives that only appears when you do it.

I tried dropping the files in the guard station, but they won't drop; and I can't seem to use them, either. Any hints?

Thanks!

Dafydd

Hint, not sure how good...

spoiler:
    I first grabbed files and nothing happened, then after some time I frobbed every frobbable 'object' there is and objective showed...

Ghost
    [Nens]

Geez, I don't know what else to grab! I've grabbed the files and the journal; I frobbed the lamp, but it just lit; I went down into the basement where Lector is securely locked up and grabbed the skull, the only grabbable thing besides the moss arrows, but it was just a "hold 'em" object and didn't cause any objectives to appear; there doesn't seem to be any other grabbable thing in the vicinity.

Oh, it occurs to me you might think I'm looking for the objective to lock Lector in the basement to starve; no, that's not what I mean. Yandros said uptopic that there was some objective to "Find out all the bad things about the townsfolk." Is this an objective that doesn't appear on Expert?

Dafydd

Heh, I'm not too good in hints so will flat out spoil you.

spoiler:
    Frob his house's 'panel' with name.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast