TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: C5 Properly Paranoid - Mar 2004

Hey NW...did you light them with the flares or with the arrows? i used flares and nothing happened...went back....and doused them after getting your answer and tried the fire arrows...still, no luck

I used the flares. I tried it again from a save and it worked again. Sorry but I have no idea what can be causing your problem.

Thanks a ton, Nightwalker!!

The torc on the wall in the torch room is what I was missing, and gave me all the loot. Don't know how I missed that before.

Fun mission, although I had a hard time with the safe/harp room. I used the correct sequence at least a dozen times before the safe finally opened. Don't know why...

Very clever, but not too complex puzzles. I like that!

daffydd:
    In regards to the chest in the arrow room (with the numbers on the floor), see the earlier post by RavelPuzzlewell in this thread. That should get you going.
    Last edited by bassmanret; 14th Mar 2004 at 19:01.

Thanks NW....luckily, i had a save game right before that...so i tried again, and this time it worked...hmmm, and i got some LOOT

Ghost

Yay, finished

[Nightwalker]

And so close to Perfect Thief, too... solid ghost with just 20 gp short on Perfect.

Any loot that's easily missed? Among the loot I got -- the serpent torc and jewel in the four-torch room, the mummy loot, the zapping urns loot....

Oh, wait a minute! "Three coins in the foun-tain..."

Hah, Perfect Thief! And 4/4 secrets, 1/1 picks, and two extra objectives that appeared when I turned off the arrow trap and when I got all the loot!

Thanks for the hints, everyone here.

Ghost report:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...046#post354046

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 14th Mar 2004 at 22:21.

Can someone help with those of us that are tone deaf.
    spoiler:
    I've figured that we have to play the harps to open something. But which harps are what tone.

So far the rest of this mission is very good but for those of us who have problems hearing tones properly. can some give us the sequence please.

I need some help with the harp thing to...someone please post the sequence.

Thanks

Lightningline & rastas:

About the harp sequence, if you're facing the safe, with your back to the fountain, assume the harps are at 1 o'clock, 3 o'clock, 5 o'clock, 7 o'clock, and 9 o'clock. With that in mind, the correct sequence is:

spoiler:
    1, 7, 9, 5, 3

BUT, be aware that at least for me, I had to try this sequence many times before it actually worked. Maybe there's a certain timing required, I don't know.

Good luck!

The notes take about 2 seconds to play, try waiting until each is done before hitting the next harp.

Ze safe is open !!!...thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.

Well , all done...all the loot and 4 of 4 secrets
    I became real irritated in the basement untill I descoverd a good stradegy to get through and still have 4 water arrows..
    spoiler:
    you can get by some statues by climbing over them..and from some spots you can throw the explosive charge quite a ways into the piller hole but sometimes it dont go in far enough to count, and of course stick to the wall a lot
    Last edited by Lightningline; 16th Mar 2004 at 14:22.

Originally posted by RavelPuzzlewell
    bdkl --

spoiler:
    Sometimes, lights are your friend

I assume you mean the chest? or the very bottom.... either way the answer is the same.
    I'm still not sure what RavelPuzzlewell's hint means but I got past the arrow trap by stacking the 3 charges to block the arrow while I picked the lock I wasn't sure if a broadhead wouldn't eventually set it off so I was nervous while picking!

BTW, Fuer Grissa ost Drauka. Bringer of Death but in which language?
    Last edited by Norman Druart; 19th Mar 2004 at 17:08.

Norman

spoiler:
    when looking at the crate..look at the lamp against the wall behind you, or to your right (I guess it depends on how you look at it)...do you see it
    I hated that #$%##@@$% thing..I was sooooooooo glad to shut it off

Playing on Klepto

I hate it when everyone else has breezed through a section and u r flummoxed. Anyway.

I have done a certain amount but am short of loot. I have 5 knives and 4 metal plates that are puzzling. There is a door I cannot access near the lift with a red button next to it.

Can anyone guide me on my stumbling quest?

Phillys, if you mean the
    spoiler:
    conductive metal plates (there are only 3, I think), you use them to take the wall paintings in the small gallery. You have to take the painting and then put the metal plate in it's place before the alarm goes off.)
    On Klepto, you can only access part of the mission so you can't get through that door you mentioned. I should be able to make up a loot list if you are still short as I think I found most of the loot on this setting. Don't know if I got it all or not.

OK. I've set the first two charges, but not the last. Is there a torch I have to put out for the last one or am I missing something else?

Phillys -
    Look up a little ways in this thread. Your question is already answered.

I've finished this one on all three skill levels with all the loot and secrets (and having quite a bit of fun, I might add), but I still have a question. At the far end of the hallway where you use the death ward there is a seemingly inert door.
    spoiler:
    This door is easily bashed in revealing a small room with the four element symbals on the walls and ceiling. I used the appropriate arrow on each one (like in the armory) but nothing happened.
    I was hoping that this would reveal some cool easter egg since I already had all the loot and secrets but no dice. Is there any more to this or is it just something the auther didn't have time to finish?

I can't seem to figure out the trick in the armory. I'm not certain if there is a particular sequence that I'm supposed to follow, or if I am simply confusing which arrows go where. Please help.

I'm sorry. I figured it out immediately. I was simply tired of the long load times and grew impatient.

glennicus -
    spoiler:
    Lower left symbol - hit with a moss arrow: Lower right - water arrow: Upper right - gas arrow: Upper left - gas arrow: Upper right - fire arrow

Nightwalker,

Thanks. I hate needing help on little things like that.

Speaking of needing help, I keep blowing up on the numbered floor in the basement. How do I get through this room?

It's the "Prime room". That's your hint.
    spoiler:
    you need to step only on the prime numbers, eg. 1, 3, 5, 7. It's very easy to not QUITE make it onto a square or to step a fraction to far as you jump, in which case you'll blow up anyway, so I suggest saving each time you get to a new square successfully. Otherwise it can get quite frustrating.

I didn't get the 'prime time baby' hint to start with Got through it by looking at the holes in the ceiling, what a cheat!

Edit: Also I'm down one secret, has it got something to do with
    spoiler:
    the key and the lock above the toilet doors?

Nope, that's just a bit of toilet humour.

I haven't reead much of the rest of the thread because I want no spoilers. I only have one question (right now): I play on vengeance and I have the code from the crossword puzzle. I am now in the room with the numbers on the floor and my problem is how to open the chest that's protected by the arrows? I assume it holds the key to the wooden door, but I can't get near enough to pick it before I die from the arrows.

I haven't played the final release on Vengence but
    spoiler:
    I don't think that wooden door opens on that setting, only on the Expert one. You can still shut off the arrow trap, though. On the last jump, the one that takes you over to the part where the trap is, there's a button on the light fixture on the wall. You can frob it as you're midair and that deactivates the trap so you can land safely.

HOW NASTY!

Yes, I quickly tried the expert level with Dromed and AI awareness off and there the door opens. So the blackjack in the chest on the vengeance level is just a joke. I guess it's 'curiosity killed the thief' and I should stick to the objectives next time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast