TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C5 Working the Mines...help please?

C5 Working the Mines...help please?

I posted this at Eidos's forum but will ask again over here to see where I can get the help needed a little quicker from one or the other?

I'm really impressed with this mission and although a smaller file...has much to do and very cleverly done Here then is my current problem:

spoiler:
    I've made it down into the mines and have gone around to all obvious places with dynamite barrels, including the hole with a crypt showing, and blew them up accordingly However, no entry in any of those walls opened up for me. I've also tried following the directions to get to that door on the other side but it has been very confusing to try and do to get my ride to get me there. In those directions there is one of them that is written twice right behind each other "sw"...is this an error cause I can't see how that could possibly done? There is a switch that says to "shut off in case of emergency"...am I to turn it off...can't figure what it's supposed to affect if anything?

All in all I'm really enjoying this mission and has been really well constructed and a very good challenge to work your way through. I hope someone can help me though as I would really like to get through the rest of it and see whatelse there is. I know I have all this equipment for a reason and I need to find out who/what I get to use it on!

Oh yes, I think the money is calculated incorrectly someway or another. In my stats (playing Hard) says I have 241 out of 241 but my objective says I need 2K?

Thanks and Good Hunting!
    It's not how you win, it's how you play the game! HAVE FUN!

For the mine cart puzzle
    spoiler:
    you have to pay attention to each turn the cart makes - not just the choices that you make at each junction
    Eg if you click to go north, and then the track goes right and right again and stops, you've done N E S in the instructions

spoiler:
    I missed the instructions for some time. The paper wad was so close to a bunch of zombie parts it just blended in.

spoiler:
    I can't get into the room with all the fire barrels. Did I miss a key somewhere?

Doc did you
    spoiler:
    read the log book ?

spoiler:
    did you read the log book?
    Ya but I didn't really absorb the details. Guess I'll run back up and read it again.
    Glad someone asked about the mine cart puzzle too, that one had me stuck as well!

Thanks

where now?

I am down in the mines blown up everything I can see got outside only to find a locked gate with a gaurd out side............???????????????????

did you complete your objectives?

objectives

I have 241 in loot but it says I'm supposed to get 2000 ........... I'm lost

I guess to complete the loot-objective I have to

spoiler:
    use all the ore rocks I released with the dynamite in this machine nearly at the end. I found the code for the locked door in the machine room (it's written on the wall at the start of the mine) so I think in this code-room I can pick up the final gold or silver or whatever these ore rocks contain. But I haven't found out yet how this weird machine works or where the manual is... Anybody had more luck?

yep that opened the door

but thats all

Originally posted by Dinksmallwood
    I guess to complete the loot-objective I have to

spoiler:
    use all the ore rocks I released with the dynamite in this machine nearly at the end. I found the code for the locked door in the machine room (it's written on the wall at the start of the mine) so I think in this code-room I can pick up the final gold or silver or whatever these ore rocks contain. But I haven't found out yet how this weird machine works or where the manual is... Anybody had more luck?
    spoiler:
    start off by turning off all the red lights and no matter what don't turn them back on!

I haven't found a manual, but I did figure the machine out:

spoiler:
    First turn off all the emergency shutdown switches.
    Then turn on the valve near the floor of the machine.
    Turn on the pilot light, you should hear clicking.
    turn the bellows on and off a bunch.
    and then the furnace jets. you will know when it's on.
    Do the same for the other.
    Then you can start the ore crusher.
    and then the level processing.

I had alot of fun with this mission, albeit not traditional thief fun...

loading up the cart with explosives and rubble and crashing it into a pile of rubble and explosives, stringing barrels out in a chain reaction fuse line to survive blowing up the explosive storage room, and other variations.

i guess i like blowing things up ;-)

Thank you all for the replies Yes, I saw that number on wall but see nowhere to enter it??? Am I supposed to blow up that shed will all the barrels? Doesn't seem likely to me as part of the game. Love that Fire arrow dispenser Just like the bunny...keeps going and going and going! LOL

Yes, I kindof figured that part of that directional paper had to do with some of the ways you took included the automatic turns, etc. but still very hard to decipher as to what is which...and why I also wonder about that one entry regarding the double "sw" turns??

Regarding machine...my, my...never saw any wheel, etc. I also did not see that paper for a long time...same problem, mixed with zombie parts I finally found a game that I love doing with "z's" in it...ha ha ha. Gotta love that cart! Ta and Good Hunting!

As the saying goes, I have some good news and some bad news....

spoiler:
    I finally got it right and decended into the second level of the mine Then I got into the room and turned some things on..ok so far but then when I came out to start processing...and here's the bad news...I can't handle all these respawning "Z's".
    I'm not a big fan of undead missions and this could have been one I would have liked to play since I was able to resupply myself very nicely! I really really liked that part...but I just can't keep trying to outrun and keep killing for a few seconds in-between spawns to try and make it up to the first level where there are more waiting and I've got to load all those rocks into that conveyor belt as well while I'm fighting off Haunts too? Just cause everything makes so much noise, your going to draw attention regardless. Then I haven't even blown out the rocks on the second level yet either. I guess I should have done that first before turning on the machine but I would still be basically faced with the same problems.

However, I would say for the most part of this mission otherwise...it has several very good strong points. Construction has been very well laid out and the puzzles were very creative and challenging. The machine room was pure genius...really amazing work there! I just wished there would have been a point after so many kills in the level(s) that it would have stopped. IMHO it was overkill in that regard. Consequently, I'm going to have to set it aside and go on to the next one. Ta and Good Hunting!

did anyone ever find the manual?
    (i got it working - was just wondering where i didn't look)

this one was really fun

Originally posted by raetsel
    did anyone ever find the manual?
    (i got it working - was just wondering where i didn't look)

this one was really fun
    Ok I cheated and found out
    spoiler:
    There is no manual!

2841 loot...got it all..I loved running over zombies with my cart...the barrels took care of them good to. It was also fun to lure them past a blast site and "blam!!!" Goodbye zombie...hello ore.

Too much zombies and Haunts for me... I didn't finish.

The ore crushing machine is great! It's a pity that there is no chance to see it working (while crushing ore)...

is any german speaking here who can explain me the minepuzzle?

Jemand da der mir in deutsch erklären kann wie ich das mit dem NWSO oder NEWS
    und dem Karren lösen kann ich verzweifel fast. Ich hab schon zig mal die Mina abgefahren und komm net durchs tor!

HILFE....HELP!!!

Hello? Anyone here?
    Hallo!? Iss da jemand!?
    Last edited by flying_hope; 18th Mar 2004 at 18:32.

Where is the key to open the door to start the machine?

I think it was on the belt of the haunt, near the second explosive room

found the key. Thanks! finished the game quickly after that. It was easy money.

Where is the code to get into the little room where I presume where the ore processing machine deposits the gems (or gold or whatever)?

spoiler:
    I saw the number near the elevator at the mine entrance, but it doesn't work, even after shutting the machines off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast