TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Viktor Gaspar Contest 5 mission

Thiefmissions.com

I had no problem getting out of the basement area:
    spoiler:
    From the entry doors, make a right and step into the room on the right side of the corridor. Wait until you hear the entry doors open fully. Then run out and through them. You should have plenty of time.

from epithumia:
    I had no problem getting out of the basement area:
    spoiler:
    spoiler:

From the entry doors, make a right and step into the room on the right side of the corridor. Wait until you hear the entry doors open fully. Then run out and through them. You should have plenty of time.
    Doh!! Now I see what I did. I was standing outside that door waiting for the main exit to open, which does not happen. You have to go INSIDE the room, then the main doors open. Man, did I do alot of extra work!

Anyway, thanks epithumia!

LOL, yea it took me a few tries to figure that one out!
    spoiler:
    I was trying to get to it from the room down the hall a bit and seeing that they opened when the hallways got dark, I just couldn't quite make it So then I wondered about that room around the corner to see if it happened the same way...and sure enough it did and then I had the time to run through! Very good puzzle but then what followed was all very neatly thought out as well and what you had to do to pass on Got fooled a bit by the "Air" chamber cause I thought you needed to position yourself so you could get an extra boost to get across...doh
    Well constructed level as were the other parts of this mission. I did like it too...but it showed over 10K available loot? Where in the heck was that much hidden? Yes I agree, a loot list might well be in order for this one please Ta and Good Hunting!
    It's not how you win, it's how you play the game! HAVE FUN!

I second the request for a loot list! Just 157 short on expert!

Now 42 short of objective.

Btw, replayed mission again, and this time I couldn't open a box in library...now key opened one box in vault. So no medallion this time...

Just finished on expert with over 800 loot to spare. For those short on loot,
    spoiler:
    there's a ring worth 1000 on the floor of the water room in the lost city area.
    BTW, did anyone find out what, if anything, the frobable picture of the woman on the dockmaster's desk does?

Woo-Hoo!!! Just found

spoiler:
    a ring in the sewers, in the water as you first come up out of the water from the docks, a few paces before the small waterfall/column on the left.

That puts me over 9000. Done!

BTW, clearing the sewers of those toxious barrels is easy with a
    spoiler:
    coconut
    . I really love those trees, and was hoping to find loot at the top of them, but no.

On to the next C5 (3 to finish up now)!

slightly off topic

dromed tips

if you have a real item and a fake item then the way around it is to change its combine type. This is in engine features/combine type.

so for fake put fake[item] then only fake items will combine
    and for real put real[item] then only real items will combine

item = name of item

I just finished this mission for the third time (It's fun!) and came up with 10,078 of the 10,323 available loot. Don't know where the rest is, though. I made a list up so if anyone is having trouble finding enough or wants to have a go at locating the rest, just email me and I'll send you the list.

keys

of the keys for the lockboxes in the vault ive only found :

spoiler:
    p0745, p0149, p5662, p6258, p2682, p 1490

as well as one i dropped on the floor and cant pick up again (prbly a bug on my part)
    i assume however this is the one i found
    spoiler:
    behind the curtain in the vault)

does anyone know how to get the keys or open the rest of the lockboxes?

and Nightwalker, please email me a lootlist

Ok, I'm tired of running around aimlessly in that mission. I made it to the Lost City Part after much frustrating trouble (I would never have found the way without reading here...), but now I'm finally stuck. I'm in the catacombs with the sliding doors and the zombies and got all the loot there and blew everything that moved to pieces, but I can't get out again. I can't reach the main doors before they close. I suspect it has to do with the doors that only open partially and judging by the threads above I guess I need more talismans, but I only found two so far. How can I get out of that damn place again?

bumbleson:

just go into one of the rooms and wait til you hear the main doors opening, wait til theyre opened all the way then run through em

Thanks, I found out how to get out

And I also found out how to get through the rest of the mission, but I also failed to get all the loot on expert. Well, on to the next mission...

I've just got to know, does the frobable picture of the woman on the dockmaster's desk do anything?

Also, I noticed that if you throw the coconuts against the stone floor they sometimes make the sound that indicates they can be broken. I messed around with one for five minutes but couldn't break it. Anyone find out how to get some coconut milk?

I'm over 1000 short on the loot objective on expert and I've used all my wishes. Anyone help?

I've got a loot list, if you want it, Phillys. Just email me. Did you find the
    spoiler:
    tiny ring on the floor of the "water" room in the Lost City? It's worth a lot of money.

Hmmmmm.... I don't think I did. I will go a-searching...

Originally posted by epithumia

As for the medalion, you need to chase the keys. You need the key hidden
    spoiler:
    under the desk in the Pomegranate office.
    This opens the lockbox hidden
    spoiler:
    in the library just across from the previous office.
    This gets you a
    spoiler:
    key which will open the lockbox under the water near where you start.
    Inside is the amulet.
    spoiler:
    The key I found in the library didn't open the box in the water for me. The key under the desk didn't open the lock under the chair in the library. I was able to get it open by picking it. Now I'm really stuck.

The easiest part of this FM was here.

and was all done from the same spot.

John

Edit: What were the
    spoiler:
    Coconuts
    used for?
    Last edited by john9818a; 26th Mar 2004 at 17:29.

Help How can I get in I have the red Key and I am in the room with the two windows but i could get on the street because the windows open only a half

I don't think you can get into town from there. Go
    spoiler:
    back to the docks and look in through the window to the guard room. There's a lever on the wall to the right of the window that you can frob. It opens the gate into town.

So, no one knows what the picture on the desk does, then?

I'm still stuck.

spoiler:
    The key under the desk didn't open the lock under the chair in the library. I was able to get it open by picking it. The key I found in the library didn't open the box in the water for me.

I'm playing on expert.

John

I really need help finding the key to open the money box in the water.

I really like this FM, except for having 420 keys to search for.

John

The box opens with
    spoiler:
    Key 1490, which is found inside a box hidden in Pomegranite's library room. That box opens with key 0447, which is found in the kneehole of the desk in Pomegranite's office.

Thanks Nightwalker!!

I see what I did wrong.
    spoiler:
    There were two keys behind the chair in the library.

John

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast