TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Viktor Gaspar Contest 5 mission

Clearinghouse

rug. where this?

How to gain access to Lost City?

Have you
    spoiler:
    gotten the medallion from the underwater box yet? Once you have, some stone blocking a door up on a ledge over top of the fountain with the child standing in it disappears. Now that you can get into that room, you'll see it belongs to an inventor. Read the notes and you should be able to figure out how to activate the magic carpet.

Clearinghouse
    Thank you, Nightwalker!

Another way to destroy "stinking barrels" in the sewers:
    spoiler:
    Smash them with heavy "wine bottles" found in bar

Checked up in DromEd
    spoiler:
    The woman picture on desk plays Garrett's comment first time it is frobbed. Nothing more...

Some of the boxes in vault are empty and locked without KeyDst. So this is impossible to open them...

Watch out!
    spoiler:
    The toxic "laboratory equipment" from inventor's room is really dangerous!
    I took it and thrown into the baazar... A few moments later mission ended with skulls and crossbones and "No kill" objective was red.
    The "laboratory equipment" killed some KO'ed folks...

I like this mission really. Now looking for ~1000 loot to end it playing Expert.

viktor gaspar

Has anyone played this mission I can not find out how to open the secret door on the second floor ledge !! And what does the symbols on the wall in the gaurds room mean?

Any help would be appreciated

I'm not sure what symbols you mean but I don't think they're important. The secret door
    spoiler:
    won't open until you've gotten the Djinn Medallion. Once you have that it opens on its own.

need help please

Hi, Im stuck in this mission:
    spoiler:
    I cant enter in the store building, I dont know where the medallion is and I have one of the maskand need to find the other (i have the replica). I was in all places i can get inside but now i dont have any more to explore

Any spoiler welcome. Thanks

The medallion
    spoiler:
    isn't in a store. It's in a box in the water at the waterfront. You may already have the key to unlock it, P1490. This key is hidden in the locked library in the Pomegranite Security office. The Library key is worn by one of the two women standing in the rooftop garden near the shop where you found the fake mask. Once you have the medallion, you'll find another place to go. Also, DROP the fake mask, don't keep it in your inventory or when you get the real one, it won't register and the objective won't tick off.

...the key

Nightwalker:
    spoiler:
    I was in the library and find a switch that opens a secret in the wall behind a chair. There was a key but no that key, some loot and a box i cant open

another help please?
    Thanks

Look in
    spoiler:
    the kneehole of the desk in the office. There's a key hanging in there that opens the locked box in the Library and then you'll get the key for the box that's in the water.

SUN MASK?

I've only found 2788 loot and no sun mask. I got the
    spoiler:
    3 wishes
    Now, would someone please post a clue as to the whereabouts of the sun mask.

Thanx,

Hope Vincent

First of all, there's a bug. Make sure you
    spoiler:
    drop the Fake Mask before you pick up the real one or the objective won't work.

Have you found
    spoiler:
    the inventor's shop that you can get into from the ledge above the fountain that the child is playing in? There's a magic carpet in there and a hint about how to get it working. That takes you to the area where you can find the Mask. There's quite a bit of loot there as well.

I'm in the
    spoiler:
    Lost City
    now. I got the second mask, but I don't know how to get to the basement area.
    Any suggestions?

Gloria Creep

Which basement area?

If you are in the
    spoiler:
    lost city
    and have the second mask, you should have already been through the lower level there.

If you refer to
    spoiler:
    Gaspar's
    basement, check out the
    spoiler:
    sewers
    most thoroughly.

Hope you enjoy the mission. There will be a sequel someday, although I doubt it will come out before T2X.

Thanks Balboa. I'll try that. And yes, I really like this mission. I had it in my inventory, but had forgotten to play it . So this one is new for me

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Poison,
    Drop the fake mask before you get to the lost city segment. (or go back to an earlier save - it's a bug - sorry )

If you haven't been to the lost city yet:
    spoiler:
    Check a book in the Pomegranate office for the correct key number.

spoiler:
    Get the key from the Pomegranate library.

spoiler:
    Get the medallion from the harbor.

spoiler:
    Find the inventors room.

spoiler:
    Use the potion on the rug.

spoiler:
    Ride the carpet.

i really want to play this mission...
    & i've played it before but never got a chance to finish it
    can anyone give me a link so i can download it?
    please & thank you
    Last edited by She-Thief; 16th Mar 2008 at 15:24.

Hi I am trying to get in for the air talismanbut I keep getting blown out the opening before I can grab talismanhow do I proceed........over to the fire opening....

I think that's the water talisman. Just hug the wall as you walk forward.

Archivist
    Very nice work! Found this to be one the most entertaining Contest 5 entries.

Liked the eastern city style. Compliments for the magical tricks (genie in bottle and the flying carpet ride) that gave the mission an arabian nights feel, and some other design ideas that worked really well.

Plenty of exploration for such a small area. The sewer is a great place with all the cobwebs. Furthermore i enjoyed hearing the many Garrett voice lines throughout the mission, and the trip that made up for some tomb robbing.

Some weak points are the many keys (figuring out the right keys in the vault was frustrating), the high loot requirement on expert (damn that 1000-worth-of-loot-ring), and the game didn't run fluently on my pc. Also, some of the puzzles/secrets were a bit hard to uncover. I can't recall what i did to get access to the workshop

Finished in 1 hour 37 minutes, with 9628 loot and the Bonus objective so much for the zombies ticked of.

Impressive work, Balboa I see great potential as fm builder. Looking forward to another release.

Quote Originally Posted by Balboa View Post
    There will be a sequel someday, although I doubt it will come out before T2X.
    That would be most welcome

So I'm late...

Playing this one through for the first time, and really enjoying it, but I can't for the life of me find the key for the lock in the cellar. Anyone have any hints?

Are you in the sewers? The key is down there. Look for a corpse.

I must be doing something wrong. I can't get the rug to appear. I have opened the valve under the corner of table and I have the potion, but using the potion does not bring up the rug. Don't know what to do next. Maybe a bug?

K-corlew, this does bring back memories. You say you used 'the potion'. But how? The clue is in the scroll...

At last! I am a fool to have not seen the solution before.
    Ha! Solution indeed - quite similar to the Holy Water of the Hammers, as it turns out.
    If I am correct, application of the fluid to the carpet will have the desired effect.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast