TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will this forum change next Wednesday?

Will this forum change next Wednesday?

Just wondering if this forum will change, or a new one will be created for the new game.

How about a forum for hints and spoilers?

Maybe a separate forum for mods and enhancements?

Do tell!
    Get all recent FMs at www.southquarter.com/fms

The anticipation forum will be closed and archived, a new Hints & Spoilers forum will be created and general Thief 3 discussion will be moved to Thief Series General Discussion.

We will most likely utilise the Unreal Engine Editing forum for Thief: DS mods.

Here's my two pennies:

A forum for Thief III spoilers & hints (& cheats if you like .)
    A forum for Thief III General Discussion, aka "THIS GAME JUST ROCKS LADS! USE YOUR UBERLEET TAFFING SKILLS AND OBTAIN ONE FROM YOUR LOCAL GAMES-DEALER!!!!" threads.

I might be a noob in posting here, but I know one thing from my pre-forum experience: Multiple forums only cause extra hassle, people post in wrong forums and don't bother to check out the other forums.

Keep it cool. Max. two forums/sub-forums whether they're supported by the board IMO do the trick without any extra-kills or knock-outs.

PS, couldn't resist: 26th May happens to be my birthday

PPS, I don't know whether or not that DromEd forum (or whatever you want to name it) down there could be expanded in Thief III's modding. Well, my trust's on the Keepers.

EDIT: Seconds too slow. Well, ehm... David has the point.. aye? *embarassed*

We have limited space and freedom. Thief General (aka ThiefGen) is the main center of the Thief forums. There should be anything non-specific.
    IF YOU DO IT, DO IT WITH STYLE

I think you mods do a great job on here but I would like to bring up the point that Thief General needs to be unspoilt, and that especially for the first few weeks or months there should be some pretty aggressive moderation to ensure that this remains the case. "Oops, wrong forum" isn't an excuse that my normally infinite patience is willing to stretch to on this one!

Previously Important
    I don't think anyone has to worry about there not being aggressive enough moderation. If the Thief 2 experience is anything to go by, 80% of people will make sure they don't post spoilers in ThiefGen, 15% will make a small mistake once and apologise profusely, and 5% will be beaten about the face and neck with a telephone directory by everyone else in ThiefGen for perpetually Not Getting It.

But yeah, like Dave said... Hints / Spoilers will go in the Thief 3 Hints / Spoilers forum (which will replace this one), this forum will be locked and archived for great hilarity in the future (which will make everyone oh so glad that they can't be forced to eat whatever words they've blurted out, depending on how great or not great the game is), and all general discussion of Thief 3 will happen in ThiefGen where it rightfully belongs (because that forum has been dying a slow death for a couple of years and could use the infusion)

We'll have reminders about Spoiler Tags and proper forum usage posted for new members, and just because Dave and I aren't listed moderators doesn't mean we don't behave like them... so there are really at least five mods on the case, plus MsLedd, Saam, and Digi if they get a mind.

1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

Beware the wrath of Gingerbreadman, for he shall chastise transgressors with awesome bolts of verbal lightning. Bringing upon the heads of the sinners the unforgiving storms of censure and ridicule that all such deserve.

Like most GODS his patience is not unending, his forbearance limited, and his forgiveness long in coming. With unnerving speed, the wand of BAN can strike without warning.

Take heed to the admonitions of this fearful diety and his cohorts.

Ye have been warned.

It'll be an onslaught of information on that Wenesday. Being that my copy is coming via the US to AUS on the Friday i won't be viewing the mayhem unitl at least Saturday/Sunday.

Originally posted by theBlackman
    Beware the wrath of Gingerbreadman, for he shall chastise transgressors with awesome bolts of verbal lightning. Bringing upon the heads of the sinners the unforgiving storms of censure and ridicule that all such deserve.

Like most GODS his patience is not unending, his forbearance limited, and his forgiveness long in coming. With unnerving speed, the wand of BAN can strike without warning.

Take heed to the admonitions of this fearful diety and his cohorts.

Ye have been warned.
    LOL!

it was with no trepidation that The Gingerbreadman did sweepeth unto the Thief 3: General Discussion and he did smite the unholy threads of Spam-adon, Off topic-an and the henious sins of the Spoiler-ons. Waving his Rod of Banning +3 he did banish the flames to the beyond (.....of the Eidos boards) and much rejoicing ensued. "My people" he roared over the attentive gathering, "This is my Lock, i do bequeath it unto your sinful threads and silly posts". With this he did disappear in a blinding light. "Looketh to the sky", screamed Brodie the Unwise - soon to be banned-eth. From the light emerged The Gingerbreadman's Holy Cavalry - leading was Azal the Photochopper, following on a sickly glowing horse was Biohazard, then came Zaphod the Universal Hitchhiker. In thier hands they wielded wands of Edit the Post +3. "Oh shiiiiiiiiiit" screamed Zylonbanus the critical.

An exerpt from - Forum goings of a confessed Thief nut.

for shame brodie, for shame (just getting in ahead)

I would like to take this thread to point out that Zylonbane (the WUSS!) has refused to buy the game until it's been "reviewed by someone competent".

I'm going to encrypt all my Thief3 spoilers, using the Star Control2 Plot runtime, and PM them to her...

"So, the Gigi invaded the Spathi, but little did they know the Kor-Ah were right behind them the whole time through hyperspace, and there's this Ultimate Evil that's being transported on-board one of the ships, and the poor Spathi don't know about this until..."

1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

Brodieman Nicely done.

Originally posted by theBlackman
    Brodieman Nicely done.
    Thank you, though like all good things i just stole someone elses idea (aka yours) and pedaled it as mine

..his patience is not unending, his forbearance limited, and his forgiveness long in coming

That line of yours in particular got good coffee snorted out of my nose.

Nice

But what really killed me some time ago is this quote by NNFM from the IS forums:
    Hesitations 16:3
    "And the Lord said unto thee, stabeth thine best friend's anus with thy chainsaw
    if he doth look crosseyed at a fallen possum."

Also be ready for the rapid influx of trolls and newbies that will happen after the release. I imagine this will happen more on the Ion Storm forums (hehe, I hope they all go there instead).

Be ready for the newbies who never heard of thief and play the game and come here with "wut teh h311 is this? i can't evn mov in exprt!!1" stuff, and will post the same questions over and over and over because they don't bother to read/search through previous posts. Lots of patience is required I guess.

The trolls will come in with "I told you so!" stuff even if the game rocks and other dislikers will respond with "yeh, it sucks" and the likers will be all "uh-uh, it's great!!" and so on....(What I don't understand is the people who dislike the game and feel they need to keep telling everyone they don't like it for like 6 months after they stop playing it. Move on man, get over it...)

I know this is all probably obvious to most of you but I'm bored and figured I'd post about it anyways. JMHO and all that and it's all good, tis the way of the forums.

Originally posted by mardi
    Also be ready for the rapid influx of trolls and newbies that will happen after the release. I imagine this will happen more on the Ion Storm forums (hehe, I hope they all go there instead).

Be ready for the newbies who never heard of thief and play the game and come here with "wut teh h311 is this? i can't evn mov in exprt!!1" stuff, and will post the same questions over and over and over because they don't bother to read/search through previous posts. Lots of patience is required I guess.
    This didn't already start?

Originally posted by Avalon
    I think this is but a mild drizzle before the storm comes...

Originally posted by mardi

The trolls will come in with "I told you so!" stuff even if the game rocks and other dislikers will respond with "yeh, it sucks" and the likers will be all "uh-uh, it's great!!" and so on....(What I don't understand is the people who dislike the game and feel they need to keep telling everyone they don't like it for like 6 months after they stop playing it. Move on man, get over it...)

I know this is all probably obvious to most of you but I'm bored and figured I'd post about it anyways. JMHO and all that and it's all good, tis the way of the forums.
    It's always my opinon that one has to re-read thier past 6 months worth of posting so that they are adequately able to defend thier views!

But you're right there'll be an influx of taffer newbies - which is not necessarily a bad thing, but the trolls will come to feed. As ytou stated even if the game is so brilliant and puts the other Thief games to shame they'll come out with complaints - they have to validate thier past 3 years of crap you see.

And i think the ISA forums will be the ones to be hit with it more.

Originally posted by Avalon
    If you want to see what "worse" is like, go visit the ISA forums and pick a thread.

Any thread.

Not that your TTLG mods and admins have any intention of letting things get like that, of course.

eep

lets not start a mod war now Azal, heh heh

So, the last remnants of the "thief 3 Ideas and concepts" forum will be disabled and "archived" like a dirty sock... I have mixed feelings on that...

Don't worry, you'll be able to open up the drawer and smell that sock whenever you want to.

Originally posted by ejsmith
    I would like to take this thread to point out that Zylonbane (the WUSS!) has refused to buy the game until it's been "reviewed by someone competent".
    I dread to think what his concept of competent is, or has he managed to clone himself yet?
    CrashTranslation

Originally posted by CrashT
    I dread to think what his concept of competent is, or has he managed to clone himself yet?
    fuck! the nightmares, the nightmares.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by ejsmith
    The above is a paraphrase. Paraphrases don't go between quote marks.

I believe what I actually said was that I'd wait until TDS had been reviewed by the community. Specifically, this one.
    "Look at you, hacker, a pathetic creature who smells of elderberries. Now leave, insect, or I shall taunt you a second time."

Zylonbane, I was going to wait too, but Fry's has it for 27 bucks...27 bucks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast