TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Retaliation (Mar. 18, 2004)

Keep the feedback comin!

spoiler:
    I know I took some risks with the whole Castor fleeing thing, because we all know that nothing always works. So, I think it seems to be turning out okay, and there are a few problems here and there. I am debating whether to release a patch or not, and whether it is really neccessary to do so. And that gold key, I remember deleting it it in the past, and now it shows up upon release *sigh* Oh well, If I do release a patch, I will delete it. I apologize if it confused anyone. And thanks to everyone for playing my mission!

Well, foo. On expert:

spoiler:
    I used the invisibility potion to sneak up and blackjack the bugger. Killed him but the objective didn't tick, so I reloaded and have him stowed away unconcious. If I carry him to the Private Keep Out room and kill him there, I wonder if it'll tick off?

Also, haven't found the book to tick off the flower objective, although I had already found the flowers

Fun mission!

Cheers,
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Do you think I should released a pacthed version? I'm not sure how these problems affect everyone. It seems there are a couple major problems though.

That depends on you really HB. I think that if someone loves their FM's enough then they will go ahead and create Patches/Convert to T2 etc...

It shouldn't take you long to make a patch and i think it would be worth you doing so myself, especially while it's still early days. There's alot more taffers' that will be downloading your mission still so i think you should go ahead.

BTW, In Silent Nightmares, you had Fog. Did you have a different GFX card then because you mentioned that you can't see any Fog now?

Yea back then I had a Riva TNT 2 32 mb video card. Now I have a Radeon 9800 non pro, which I read up on and it has problems with fog, so I just didn't add any. When I tried, well, you saw the outcome of that, so I had to remove it, heh. So yea, I am REALLY busy now but if I can make time, I'll try to make a nice lil patch.

Uh! Oh! Just what does Castor look like? Have I blackjacked him somewhere in this mansion and not known it was he? Have done all the other objectives and covered all ground and no Castor.

You may have Joanie. I did the first time and I had to go back to a save before that and restart from there. He's
    spoiler:
    dressed like a Thief and standing just inside the door of his private rooms.

And it doesn't say its he when you pick up the body?

I have taken that body and put it in the pool. It is now a corpse but does not tic off the objective. I think I'll take this as a successful mission completed. Thanks once again, Nw!
    Last edited by joanieS; 26th Mar 2004 at 19:51.

Hmmmm....

spoiler:
    Are you guys blackjacking him the first time you see him? or after he runs through his teleporter and is in the room with the gem. Because Unless he runs through that teleporter, the final Castor will not be triggered to teleport into the gem room. So if you are blackjacking Castor that's in his room, then killing him, that's why the objective isn't ticking off, because he is not the "Final Castor".

Blackjacked him on sight. Thought he was a thief.

Originally posted by HipBreaker
    Hmmmm....

spoiler:
    Are you guys blackjacking him the first time you see him? or after he runs through his teleporter and is in the room with the gem. Because Unless he runs through that teleporter, the final Castor will not be triggered to teleport into the gem room. So if you are blackjacking Castor that's in his room, then killing him, that's why the objective isn't ticking off, because he is not the "Final Castor".
    I used the invisibility potion, walked up and knocked him out. He never had a chance to run. Because of that, I was never able to fulfill that objective.
    Your mileage may vary

Ghost

Castor runnin' crazy!

[Hipbreaker]

One time I tried the Castor bit, I got up next to the First Castor without being seen, stood, and did an overhead sword smash. I smacked him a couple more times, and he started running.

He ran into the teleporter, then out of the teleporter, then around that section of the room a couple of times like a crazy man -- then he bolted to the doors and ran down the corridor calling for the guards... who came boiling into the room by the truckload and beat me into a pancake.

The next time, I tried blackjacking him first, then throwing the unconscious body into the teleporter, but that didn't work .

I haven't tried blackjacking the First Castor, then hauling him into the private room (with the gem) and killing him there, but from what you wrote above, I'm sure that wouldn't work, because you have to kill the Final Castor to check off that objective.

So I just sighed deeply and did it the normal way: smashed him a couple of times, made sure he ran into his little teleporter and disappeared, then went to that room and killed him.

Curiously, the Final Castor was immune to my blackjack in the gem room. Ha! But one of the times I backstabbed him, he actually died from a single overhead sword strike.

Dafydd

Ghost

Room? Attic? Apparition? Book?

[Nightwalker, Hipbreaker, whomever]

Uh... where's this room y'all are talking about where I find the book that gives me the flower-power objective (I already have the flower), where there is a stairway to the attic... and is that were I find the apparition?

Interesting mission; fun to ghost, though it's actually unghostable: you must attack or at least alert the First Castor to get him to run into the teleporter, which is required to spawn the Final Castor, which is the only way to fulfill your objective to kill Castor. But alerting the First Castor is a ghost bust. Blech.

Thanks,

Dafydd

Great Job. I loved the mission. Gave it a 10 on thief the circle.com

Re: Room? Attic? Apparition? Book?

Originally posted by Dafydd
    [Nightwalker, Hipbreaker, whomever]

Uh... where's this room y'all are talking about where I find the book that gives me the flower-power objective (I already have the flower), where there is a stairway to the attic... and is that were I find the apparition?

Interesting mission; fun to ghost, though it's actually unghostable: you must attack or at least alert the First Castor to get him to run into the teleporter, which is required to spawn the Final Castor, which is the only way to fulfill your objective to kill Castor. But alerting the First Castor is a ghost bust. Blech.

Thanks,

Dafydd
    spoiler:
    The room with the book is the room with the stairway to the attic and the apparition. You'll find it on the second floor, either use the stairs from the first floor hallway "the stairs near the pool room" and go up those, and it is the first door on your right. Or, you can go up the stiars right near the courtyard and go to the 2nd floor hallways, take a left, and another left and the door should be on the left. Make sense? It's in the mid west part of the 2nd floor hallway's.

P.s. Thank you Bassman! I am very happy you enjoyed my mission

Ghost

Thanks, Hipbreaker

[Hipbreaker]

Thanks, found the room, the extra objective, and just enough loot to finish.

I did end up ghosting the mission, except for the necessary bust (you must alert First Castor or you can't finish). (I did not, however, alert Final Castor: he went down without ever knowing what hit him, so mote it be.)

Finished with 1415 and just shy one pickpocket... and I even know who it is: the priest at the front door, outside with the combot and the guards and the watcher. I couldn't figure out how to pick his pocket without alerting the other guards or getting spotted by the watcher.

Nice mission... but I noticed in the stats that Castor counted as an "innocent" killed: the stat said "innocents killed: some;" but the only person I even hit, let alone killed, was Castor.

How, in a mission, do you designate which people are innocents and which are others?

Dafydd

In order to have the kill limit to 3, without having Castor count as one of those kills, I had to make him an innocent, which does not count against "guard kills" I changed the body of the serveant to a thief, voice/hit points/weapon etc...

So, those are the main issues? The Heart of Sancitity not checking off, and blackjacking Castor, and sometimes him not running through the teleporter? If there are any others, please let me know, so if I decide to release a patch, I know what to look for.
    -thanks

hmmm....where on where are the stairs
    spoiler:
    to the attic?

They're in
    spoiler:
    a small private Library on the upper floor. It's the one that has the book about the Heart of Sanctity flower. The door to this room unlocks with the grey key you find in Castor's suite.

To avoid having an AI show up in the kill stats, just remove the JAccuse script (how to).
    Also, why didn't you actually teleport Castor instead of a clone?

Otherwise this FM was quite enjoyable, and I really liked that song you used.

woo hoo finally finished this one.....absolutely

This was a great mission...i am not sure what i kept hearing in the background....sounded like there was someone in the walls or something...i am surprized there were not secrets as well as this one would have hidden them (and am probably greatful as is it was hard enough!!! )

Played on expert and was about 70 short on loot....i will consider this a good night and might pay my rent.......

nah, gonna go blow it in that tavern

Hello from the OLD GUY,
    Got all the loot and big Gem. In the library(main one off the courtyard,lower level) can't find a gem fragment. Am I in the right library? Is it on the upper or lower level? Any help appreciated !!! Playing on easy --- The Geez

spoiler:
    In the main library, up the stairs to the upper left, there is a book you click on high on the shelf it and opens a secret door in the wall, having the gem fragment inside.

Also, Mortal Monkey, Castor 1's stats are different than the final Castor. Ex. Flee, has alot of hit points so he does not die for a loong time, and runs to the point after so much % is taken off, so therefore, if I were to just teleport him, the hitpoints would be random (due to how many times the player hits him/how much damage is taken, and also you can hit him as he is running and would alter the final hitpoints for the final battle) and it would almost be impossible for an even match both fights.

Well, true that. But you could give him normal HP and put the flee condition in a metaprop, then hope for the best. Could make for a bit of alternate endings too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast