TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thief Dreams/Nightmares

amen

XD screw you guys

. . .anyway, back on topic, just last night I had a very vivid Thief dream. . . It was odd because I felt like myself, but everyone else saw me as Garrett.
    It was in the Forbidden Library (Thief 3) and I think this was during the time where the keepers are hostile to Garrett, so I was trying not to be seen, but I got caught and the keepers that have those blue wands used them to shoot energy at me, but it had no effect whatsoever. (anyone know what those blue magic wands actually do?) I think I found someplace to hide and then after a while I grabbed a sarong that was black with dark golden brown dye patterns and designs drawn in gold paint (this is a real sarong I actually have) and draped it over my head like a hood to disguise myself. . because the other keepers were dressed in a similar way.

The main thing I remember was all of them gathered around this mirror, but none of them were reflected in it. Instead there were a few evil-looking characters. Apparently this mirror showed the keepers' enemies. If the enemy was a clear and starkly defined, that meant he or she was a deadly arch-rival to the keepers. If the enemy was really murky and hazy and you couldn't make out his or her face, etc. . that means the enemy isn't a threat at all. . just someone who's caused a minor inconvenience or mischeif to the keepers. . hence, my (Garrett's) face showed up in the mirror really faded and unclear.

I think the appearance of a person in that mirror also determined proximity of the enemy, too, because when the keepers saw my reflection they started looking around and I nervously backed off, but that gave me away.. . again. The keepers started freaking out, screaming and chasing after me and I ran, but I started slowing down and couldn't run very well (don't you HATE it when that happens?) they kept grabbing at the laces on my boots and I tripped and started crawling down the hallway. . .strangely, I got away.

The next day I came back to the keepers and they weren't so upset with me for some reason. . it was kind of a "and don't do it again!" mentality. Apparently they had bigger fish to fry .. .there was some other bad guy out there that stole some of their important artifacts (Gamall, I guess) and they handed me an ancient tool. . it's difficult to describe. . like a pair of pliers, but it could also be folded up to resemble a pyramid. It was made of beautifully dark laquered wood, like Japanese furniture and the tips were made of polished ivory.

Permanently Enlarged
    i had a very intriguing nightmare a few nights back.

I was me, only i was in the City, and i was a thief (go figure), only something was taffed up, i could use Alchemy (like in Fullmetal Alchemist), but not quick alchemy like Ed. anywho, i was being chased by Keeper Blackguard, like their assassins, but far more powerful and intelligent. these bastards were FAST too, like lightning fast. i was running like a bastard on crack, and i didnt have time to draw any kind of array, so i was screwed in that department. all of the sudden, the battle music from FMA was playing (the one where Ed and Scar are fighting), and bunch of daemons flew down and started slaughtering Blackguard left and right.

at this juncture, i nearly shit myself. but, thinking quickly, i drew an array, made myself a sword and a wall out of some iron and stone that was nearby, and hauled ass so i didnt get butchered. Then out comes a bunch of Hammerites, only they were dressed in full platemail armor, really thick platemail armor with chainmail underneath. These bastards looked like they were ready for a freakin WAR, thier hammer heads were the size of boulders, and thier hafts looked like tree trunks, and thier swords were 6 feet long and about 2 1/2 feet across. i knew then, some serious shit was about to go down.

Daemons were still pouring out of the sky, and a hammer came up and asked me to go into the gateway they were coming from, and seal it off. i was like, "like i know how to do that, dumbass." after a short debacle, i decided to go, went inside the gate, and appeared in my house. now i was confused. I saw more Keeper Blackguard wandering around, so i stuck to the shadows and listened to thier psychic conversations. i found that they were summoning the daemons with a gem bathed in Garrett's blood, i started to get wierded out by this.

to make a long story short, i got the gem, saved Garrett, closed the gate, and had a party with the Hammers and Blackguard. dont ask me why, i DONT know, but it happened, and it was wierd.

Wow! You must have had a long night. I'm so jealous.... I rarely get 'complete campaigns' like that. My alarm clock always wakes me up in the most intriguing moment.

Cool dream.... Must have left you really confused when you woke up and started mulling it all over.

Taking the Death Toll
    too much thief, too much batman.

i dreamt that a thief universe version of batman (known as "the bat") had a rivalry with garrett. the two of them operated in much the same way around the city, though garrett was the kind of person to steal things and batman was the kind of person to leave bad guys dangling by their feet from a rafter. most of the dream centered around batman trying to tail garrett through the city, and it culminated in a scene where they snuck around a disused government building full of offices trying to find some juicy piece of information about a local warden before the other one did- but neither knew exactly where it was. garrett's rifling through one large room full of cubicles (wooden, of course, a la shoalsgate) when batman turns on a light, which causes garrett to have to leave the room quickly before he's spotted.

then the dream ends.

Permanently Enlarged
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison Ivy View Post
    Wow! You must have had a long night. I'm so jealous.... I rarely get 'complete campaigns' like that. My alarm clock always wakes me up in the most intriguing moment.

Cool dream.... Must have left you really confused when you woke up and started mulling it all over.
    totally. it was a Saturday night, so i had plenty of time to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephriel View Post
    Greets!

From Mariel:

Oooo... Somebody got *ahem* blackjacked by a certain taffer, I take it? Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more.

Shadows protect,
    Zephriel
    Now I'm wondering if anyone here had a similar dream experience involving
    Viktoria

I haven't had any Thief dreams as yet but it's bound to happen.

When I first got onto level 2 break from Cragscleft on thief 1 the zombies scared the bejesus out of me so much that I used to play running through the mines with headphones on listening to the radio at full volume..which helped to lighten the mood a little since it is impossible to take zombies seriously when you are running around dodging them to Madonna's 'Like a Virginnnn' which just so happened to play one time..

Saying that I have had umpteenth thief nightmares since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    Saying that I have had umpteenth thief nightmares since then.
    The Cradle is calling you Rachel... Calling you!!! Muuuuaahahaahahahahaha. .......

I had one where I was standing out in a desert like area, in front of an opening in a pyramid-like thing. I heard a moaning sound, and a bunch of mummies came out, and I shot one with a holy water arrow, and it fell over, and blew up like a zombie, only the parts just came out of it while it fell.
    The end

I had a dream where I shoplifted this hat, it was an awesome hat. The end.

Permanently Enlarged
    does anyone else here love thier nightmares as much as i do?

MY NIGHTMARES ARE THE SHIZNITE!!

Taking the Death Toll
    you can stop posting now. thank you.

I just recently dyed my hair black and last night I dreamed I had bleached it like seriously blond. It was terrifying!!!!

I guess that's not really Thief related, though.... Sorry.

XD

I dreamt that I had to steal snacks from people's houses, and there were Keeper Enforcers throwing meat at me (I'm a vegetarian)

What's up with the "I-hate-XD"? :P

Well, I'm quite bloodthirsty for a vegetarian
    Last edited by The Woodsie Lord; 21st Oct 2006 at 11:08.

Taking the Death Toll
    Quote Originally Posted by The Woodsie Lord View Post
    (I'm a vegetarian)
    you know, that actually fits your name, almost.

Quote Originally Posted by The Woodsie Lord View Post
    XD
    this doesn't.

Just last night I dreamed of Thief. Although there must've been more to it, all I really remember was me mantling on rooftops and failing several times because I was just a little too close or too far before succeeding.

Oh, and I had rope arrows too, although there wasn't any wood for me to use them on. Dreams can be so silly sometimes.

Back when I was actually excited for Oblivion I was having a slew of dreams of mildly Oblivion-related dreams (and some completely random ones that somehow snuck in there and associated themselves with Oblivion in my mind). In the midst of it all, something that was most certainly inspired by Thief popped up, but I have to say, it was pretty weird.

I, (or perhaps Garrett, as it was in first person) was crouched on the top of a giant bookshelf with a ladder leading down to the floor far below to my right. All I remember is aiming a bow with an arrow at someone pacing around near a giant fireplace across the room, what seemed like miles. Inspired by Little-Big World from Thief: Gold perhaps? I wonder if I'd even played through that area at the time.

When I have thief dreams, I don't dream about events so much as feelings. Wonderful, hot, coistered, paranoia. Blurry surrealism like sneaking though grass red lit, glimpes of green orbs, and hammer machines. It's really amazing, I don't how to describe it. It scares me just enough to be exhilerating without being stressful. I'm something of an aspiring writer, and I'll be well pleased with my skill the day that I can reliably produce that particular feeling of hot, cloisetered, scary, paranoia.

Semi-related though, I find thief sneaking (har har) into aspects of my daily life when I play enough. Things like being uncomfortable in light, worrying about my glowstone thing, and trying to twitch the muscles in my face that will make my green mechanical eye zoom in.

It has been a long time since I last saw a Thief-related dream. I remember just these little fragments:

Sneaking in a large, dark room. Possibly a dining room of a mansion. I hear a one of Karras' children (big blue) closing in and I hide under the table as it enters the room. That sound scares me...sheesh.

Hmm, no posts in quite some time.

Any recent thiefy dreams? Surely somebody has in year 2008.

When I was much younger, I had a fever-induced hallucination that I was Garrett.

I proceeded to rob our kitchen of plastic containers, stashing my loot in the bathroom.

...not really sure if that counts as a dream, but close enough, right?

Hmm, that doesn't count for recent... I said year 2008.

But anyway, old or new, it's good to read about these.... As for the one you just posted, perhaps "daydream" might fit? OR, perhaps, crazy lunatic? Just kidding, but I don't think that counts as a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    Hmm, that doesn't count for recent... I said year 2008.

But anyway, old or new, it's good to read about these.... As for the one you just posted, perhaps "daydream" might fit? OR, perhaps, crazy lunatic? Just kidding, but I don't think that counts as a dream.
    I've had them several times when I was sick, and apparently it's not out of the ordinary, so crazy lunatic doesn't fit here (hopefully ).

Recent it is not, but it's damn close to a dream I think.

Necromancy !

I can only remember one Thief-related dream. I dreamt it a few months ago. Everything looked in-game. Graphics-wise, it was TDS.

I was in a tunnel-like area, but with rectangularly shaped corridors and high walls, vaguely mirroring the shape of a deep and narrow swimming pool. After every few meters, the corridors had small ledges as high as Garrett, with short ladders on the left side, so he could climb up more easily.

The place was all shadowy, filled with weird moonlight and so... pretty similiar to the Cradle ! Also, the corridors actually formed some kind of strange labyrinth. But that's not all - there were strange new enemies : Something like the wisps from TMA and TDS, but electric-like - akin' to ball lightning (of all things) ! There were also some weird apparition-like beings around, hiting me and trying to kill me. They were invisible ! Poltergeists ?!!

About midway, I found one of the "pools" in the corridor occupied by a group of Hammer Haunts - sitting merrily behind a table, having a lovely tea party, cackling and shrieking as usual ! They even invited me (with more pleasant-sounding voices) : "Join us, join usss nowww !"

Another corridor led into a small cave with burricks and Karrass (!) competing in a farting contest ! Karrass was angry, always kept saying things like : "Nay, thou not deserve the Builder's Paradise..." The burricks then got mad and farted him to death.

There was a door with awful sounds coming from behind it. I (manifested by Garrett) was scared beyond belief, but I persuaded myself to open the door. The Hag, her stone minions, the Trickster and all types of Mechanist robots were inside... tap dancing ! The intro music from all three games was playing in the background. Classy...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast