TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thief Dreams/Nightmares

Thief Dreams/Nightmares

Thief/Thief II Dreams/Nightmares...

Many of us have had at least one of them, some of us have had many. Let's hear about however many you're willing to share. Obviously some are more memorable than others, but you be the judge. Considering that most of us are serious gamers and that music, sound effects and cutscenes from these games are now permanently imbedded in our brains, I can crystal clear hear and see stuff from 1992 as though it were yesterday, it is inevitable that there are gonna be dreams about it. Let's hear about yours.

I was garret sneeking around baffords mantion twack guard black jackced splat another skewed with an arrow before he could see me then twack some bugger got me from behind garret lost all his health points but there was no end of game cut seen i dnt wake up screaming i turned on the guard my hands as steal and tore into him as he fell to his death. other guards came i sezed them and draged them two the pool where i held them under to hear there screams. i broke through the door into baffords throne room and beat the guard to death with the fricking gong.

I riped the dam gate out of its hinges i could feel the mettle crushed beneath my hands i found that pesky archer and threw them from there parapit. The cries of the guards as i killed them were sweet music to me there pleading cries for mercy unanswered.

I was about to blugen benny to death with a barrel of wine when i woke up dam the good dreams dont last.

He's a sorta atypical example of one of mine:

I was in a modern parking lot sword fighting with a Haunt who looked frighteningly real, which is strange, cause most of my Thief dreams are in its graphics engine.
    I was fighting but he got the upper hand, right of way, dominance, whatever fencing term you wanna put on it. So yes, I started running, at least I didn't drop my sword on top of that. I ran, the Haunt gave chase. I got into my car and got the doors locked within a microsecond of him catching me. I looked out.
    Considering his face wsa a skull, I don't know how he did it, but you should have seen the look this haunt gave me. he leaned his head to one side, and holding his sword, put his hands on his hips. He was making the noises Haunts always make when they chase you, but the look on his face said it all.

"Please, have some dignity." or "Get back out here NOW. Don't make me have to humiliate you by busting that window and dragging your yellow belly out here. "

So, dropping my sword I did exactly that. I surged out at him with my bare hands and got through his defenses before he could react. I got him by the head and bashed his head against and SUV once or twice, the dream disentigrated there.

I was sneaking trough my own house, searching for some loot.. I remember when I tried to take up some valuable vases, but I didn't know how to pick them up! I opened a door leading to kitchen, I blackjacked a servant, and opened the fridge. There was a lot of those "Golden Wine Bottles" I also remember that I had a self-made map of my house, and a papyrus with objectives with me.

I slowly walked downstairs, doused a torch with my water arrow, and made my way to the wine-cellar. There I found a secret entrance to some crypts.. It was the Alarus Extension. Of course there was the Bow Uprgade! I remember when I tried to save my game, and take screenshots of it.. When I woke up, I even tried to find the bow uprgrade savegame, but it wasn't there..

Also, I have seen nightmares with Haunts. At least three times.

I really like your story Keeper Jonas! Real funny! A haunt fighting you in a parking lot, ha!

I've dreamt of various kinds of cathedral levels quite a few times, including either haunts or guards. My Thief dreams tend to be scary and sometimes frustrating due to those fictive missions' difficulty, but they usually show pretty awesome levels.

I dreamt today that Warren Spector announced that haunts were too scary, so they only put one haunt in Deadly Shadows

I'm serious

I can only remember one Thief-related dream.

The Trickster was guarding something I wanted and to get it I had to blackjack him. Every time I snuck up behind him and got close enough, he'd sense my presence, turn around and start shooting magic at me. I'd run and hide (or die, then "reload" by starting the dream again in the same place) and try again after a while. This kept going on and on and at some point there were bugbeasts to get rid as well. The bugbeasts went down easily, but the Trickster kept seeing me and coming after me. Weird.

The Trickster freaks me out in the game, so guess how freaked I was after dreaming of trying to go after him "for real". Those evil eyes... *shudder*
    Morrgan's Dark Projects: my FMs and FM reviews - 10.03.2008: All for a Night's Sleep updated to v1.1

I had a Thief Dream last night, again. This was the first Thief Dream I've ever had where the Hammerite Ghosts appeared. I was outside a distorted version of the Haunted Cathedral, looking for various pieces of a shattered chandelier to reassemble, but the pieces looked like giant loot vases from the Game. The Ghosts there must have been two or three of them, would hide in knooks and crannies and trye to ambush me.
    They made a different, more creepy noise, but weren't very dangerous, I don't even think they got a shot off me. I just hack them to poof! with My ever trusty Sword, it is the one weapon I yeilded in dreams with great success, guns always jam on me.

I dreamt that Constantine was in my home having a dinner with me and my family (in a room lit by a torch, of course). He was telling a story about the Trickster and when he finished he said: "Every time I relate this story I am more convinced... that it's true" and grinned the same way as he did in the cutscene after RTC. Brrrrrr...

O YE-AH!(snappittoaslimjim!) THIEF DREAMSIES!!!

This is what i can remember. it was about...oh a week ago or so.

I was i a big weird warehouse like in shipping and recieving where you see the uber mecha head in d' box, anywho Rogue was there from the old school x-men(she's hot!) and we were loitering around this room. After awhile (i was garrett) we got sick of sitting in lawn chairs (in the middle...of...a.thief....level...HEHEH!) out in the open and started jumping way the hell up in the air to the rafters of the room doing gymnastic feats like flyaways and giants with flipping dismounts to the floor about 50 feel below. That was jolly ol' fun but then the weird voice in team fortress classic said something WEIRD AS FUCK and the garage door type entrance opened to a stream of inpouring half life 1 guards with the m-16 weapons! then the hard rock from the pre-bonehoard cutscene came in and rogue was blowing them the hell up with seemingly explosive haunt-projectile rounds and pulled out the.......blackjack! for some odd reason simply swinging it produced earth shattering forces of ...well..force(like when sauron had the ring of power [fello shipz] and was mauling hordes of soldiers in armor, its right before the ring was cut off of him) half life guards bullets laser beams (im presuming these helped the half life baddies aim...) and debree was flying everywhere. i cant remember how it ended tho... my ALARM woke me up! COD FLABBIT!

Thief has been in my dreams for years i wish i could remember more of em'! usually though when i wake up from thief dreams all i can remember is a vague sense of panic and dread! heheh!

I DID IT!!!! I blackjacked a Haunt!! Well, only in my dream, but who cares?

There was this house that I used to dream about all the time when I was a kid. It had these secret passages into certain areas of the house, and stuff. Very weird to navigate. Anyway, I hadn't dreamt of it for a long time, but after I'd been playing Thief quite a bit, I had a dream where I was sneaking around in this house with a knife. For some reason the guards didn't know a thing about the house, but I knew it very well (because of the dreams about it). I seem to remember just creeping for the sake of creeping, and I don't remember ever seeing anyone until the end of the dream. I went into this bedroom and saw someone sleeping there, drew back my knife as if to strike, and then woke up.

I had the most Thiefiest dream last night. There were a bunch of people, and our goal was to make it through this really maze-type building that sorta reminded me of a hospital. Whoever made it through to the finish first, won. Anyway, they said that animals were placed throughout the place, and every time an animal saw you, it added one point against you. After so many points, some sort of beast would be released to hunt you down. Anyway, I was immediately spotted by my cat. That dude normally can't see or hear me when I sneak, so I call BS in my dream. I carried him around, and he pointed out the way to go. When you got done with the maze, you touched this giant mechanical wheel thing. (Think something like the wheel from the T2X website) The wheel spoke and told you how many animals spotted you. I narrowly missed being spotted by a cow.

It was really intense and fun, but I got woken up by the phone. It was my work, and of course they wanted me to come in on my day off. Crap.

jtr7
    My Thiefy dream was boring. All I was doing was sneaking around inside Buildings A and B at Rampone's Dockside Shipping. No mission, no AI, no loot... just tip-toeing through the empty buildings. GAH!

HAHA!

It was really intense and fun, but I got woken up by the phone. It was my work, and of course they wanted me to come in on my day off. Crap.
    omg when this happens i start pullin out the knives - way to spoil a perfectly good dream mr. phone! damn phone ringers! i think i am allergic to that sound and alarm clock sounds, they give me semi-anxiety attacks each time i hear one

Greets!

Thief dreams... I have too many of these for it to be healthy-- more now since I've started using DromEd.

Was dreaming away the other night, wandering through a castle-office-sort of amalgamation, and was watching a bunch of people in a room. I was crouched in the doorway, trying to stay out of sight, but a fire elemental kept smacking me with firebolts. I had to reload the dream in DromEd several times, adjusting the AI placement each time until I could crouch in the doorway's shadow without getting automatically hit.

Even stranger was a dream I had when I was working for a major retail company as an unloader, and playing both Thief and Soul Reaver 2. o_O I dreamed of wandering around in the warehouse, sneaking between stacks of boxes, whacking vampire hunters over the head with my blackjack.

Pardon me... I think my geek is showing... *^_^*

Shadows protect,
    Zephriel

I had a dream with a weird blend of dark engine and real life visuals. Me and a friend set out to rob a mansion that was set on the prarie, and owned by Frank Zappa! It's been years now, so I don't remember much, but I do remember we balanced some ledges, trying to get access to a fourth story window. My dreamworld possessed the weird dark engine physics that lets you stay on top of an object, without toppling over, as long as just one pixel of your model stays on. I do have som blurry imgaes from inside the mansion too. IIRC, it was furnished like an old west rich man's estate. I also remember Fran Zappa chasing us out of there, in a cowboy outfit, with a Winchester.

Darn, everyone has their dreams, but I got didely squat! I got nothing! Zip, zero, nada...... I have nothing to share; sorry people.

Eeehm, the dreams about Thief...... about Garrett? Oooooooooh...*blushing*
    Naah, they are too nasty to be told at this forum...
    "There are those to whom knowledge is a shield, and those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced, but one is less unwise."

Ah, you sicko.

Oh yeah, desperately wicked.
    "There are those to whom knowledge is a shield, and those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced, but one is less unwise."

Greets!

From Mariel:
    Eeehm, the dreams about Thief...... about Garrett? Oooooooooh...*blushing*
    Oooo... Somebody got *ahem* blackjacked by a certain taffer, I take it? Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more.

Shadows protect,
    Zephriel

Quote Originally Posted by Morrgan
    I'd run and hide (or die, then "reload" by starting the dream again in the same place) and try again after a while. This kept going on and on and at some point there were bugbeasts to get rid as well. The bugbeasts went down easily, but the Trickster kept seeing me and coming after me. Weird.
    I've had similar experiences "reloading" in my dreams. After a session of save, try something, reload, try something else, save, try, reload, etc, my dreams started getting a little odd, in that I would back things up to a point, and then do something different instead. The new prince of persia game's time rewind thing hit home while I was watching a friend play, and reminded me of where I picked up the habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephriel
    Greets!

From Mariel:

Oooo... Somebody got *ahem* blackjacked by a certain taffer, I take it? Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more.

Shadows protect,
    Zephriel
    LOL, right!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast