TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: TTGM: Chasm of the Lost released May 24/04

The talismans are the stones with the symbols on them. I would guess that tricky keys and talismans are the same thing.

Yes, they are.

Whee! Fun little bug I've never encountered

This is just so you FM designers can have fun with it

spoiler:
    In the attic above the library, there are three burricks and fourth dead burrick with a cloud of flies that causes damage. I blackjacked the burrick that was opposite the other two, then ran downstairs to hide until they calmed down. Crept back in, then decided to set a rope arrow in a beam near the remaining two so I could get them one at a time, hiding in the beams while the other calmed down. Setting the rope arrow alerted them, and the first one stuck his head in the cloud of flies.

And got stuck. He looked like someone kept slapping him, until he just fell over and died. Huh.

Then the last burrick did the same thing!

I have no idea if this is something that can be re-recreated, but boy, was it fun to just sit there and let the flies do my job for me!

I'm having a grand time with this one - belboz, you're among my favorite FM writers/designers, just so you know On expert, got all four talismen and one measly idol. There's a few secret doors that I've spotted that I haven't been able to open so I'd best see about finding what triggers them.

Which reminds me - question for y'all:

spoiler:
    On expert, in the library on the first floor, there's a switch that just floats about two feet in front of a bookcase, hovering above the floor. I frobbed it, but I have no idea what it did... I did find the two books that tell all about the way through the four elemental trials and such - were those revealed by the switch?

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

thanks y'all!

i got one more question tho:
    spoiler:
    in the room adjacent to the fire mages ritual room, the one with the trail of blood leading into a dresser, where's the switch? i looked under and behind everything in the room, including the fire ward and behind both statues. help!

Hi,
    i´m stuck with summoning the fire-talisman.
    spoiler:

i tried to use (RMB) each of the 5 potions (eye of newt, tongue of toad, dragon´s blood, brimstone, crushed fire crystal) on every of the five plates
    ( they highlight ), tried to drop them on the plates , but nothing happens.
    Am i using fake instructions or what´s wrong ?

use them like a key, if one doesnt go on , try other plates, theyre in a certain order.

ok switch in library, never found use for

if you go into water mage area, there is one mage whos friendly,
    spoiler:
    he tells you bout what goes on, all about how to kill the mages, the 4 locations of keys, and idols.

on the fire key
    spoiler:
    i couldnt tell what the ingridients were nothing was labelled for me, so i tooted all the stuff from all 4 storage rooms and tried them one at a time till they worked,

on normal only thing i couldnt find was the little bird, wheres its locale, i found it on expert but not on normal. those mages were interesting, undead, linch were all great, well done again belboz.

I have to say that i LOVE these missions!!!!

Sorry don't know where the spoiler tag is.

ShadowWolf

spoiler:
    In the room you are in frob around the table in the middle of the room.

Has anyone found a switch to open
    spoiler:
    the small secret door behind the cupboard, at the bottom of the stairs just as you leave the compound to go to the tricky temple?

Thanks
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 25th May 2004 at 10:12.

dreamer:
    spoiler:
    depends if you found the birdie, if so go find the clock.its near by one the second floor from that one.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 25th May 2004 at 10:13.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer
    I have to say that i LOVE these missions!!!!

Has anyone found a switch to open the small secret door behind the cupboard, at the bottom of the stairs just as you leave the compound to go to the tricky temple?
    \

There's a note somewhere, but I can't recall...

spoiler:
    You need to find the cuckoo, then frob the clock with the cuckoo

I've moved on to part II - ugh. More zombies. I hate those things!

Night, all!
    -M

melissa heres a spoiler for ya bout zombies
    spoiler:
    to kill them eaasy lure a bunch up, then drop 2-3 flashbombs, and they'll blow up to little bits, lol

The cuckoo -
    spoiler:
    You can't find this on Normal. I can't recall if it's there on Hard or not. At least that's the way it was in the beta. I haven't had time to play the final release yet.

People, PLEASE take the time to use spoiler cover. Even thought there's not button to click on, it's still quite easy. Just type:

[spoiler] Write the text you want covered here. (/spoiler)

Just replace the round brackets around the last "spoiler" word with the square ones you see around the first one. It will save me a lot of time as I'm having to add in spoiler cover all over the place. Thanks!

WOW!

What great missions, belboz!!! I just finished them on 'normal'... Now on to the next difficulty...

I am having touble
    spoiler:
    summoning the last key. I have found 4 out of the necessary 5 items, I believe I am missing eye of something [don't remember the exact name]. If you stand with the door to the entrance to the room at your back at the fire pit to your right, the only unlit point of the pentagon for me is to the right of the red stuff. Can someone tell me what color and shape the missing item is? I have green, red, yellow, and white. Since the venom was in the holy water bottle, please be as specific as possible about the container discription.

Auriga2us: i believe that was the one of the metal container

I'm playing on expert and cannot find the 4th idol

I found the three others here:
    spoiler:
    1- top of library on woodbeam
    2- given by mage after having found all talismans
    3- secret room in airmages-section - opened with unlit torch
    (described elsewhere in this thread)

Now I'm standing in front of a secret door in a corridor in the
    upper level of the earthmages-section
    (above their ingredients-storeroom) and I'm wondering how to open it,
    and if this is the secret attic,
    I heard about...

I'm giving this up, until someone helps me out...

on expert i never did find it in the secret attic, although look here
    spoiler:
    by doorframe near by for lever near top side,

as for the location i found the idol your missing
    spoiler:
    find the cuckoo from librarian toolbox, head to earthmage section look for clock near by on 2nd floor, then follow note, it moves something by exit to tricky temple

auriga2us,

I don't know, but I know, that (except the Aracnid venom, wich is just one floor above) all can be found in the shelves of the four Ingredients-storage rooms...

thanks, wild_inferno9

spoiler:
    Well, it WAS in the secret attic, which I could open
    now, thanks to you.
    It was NOT under the (cuckoo-clock-opened) stairs,
    although I'm carrying a scroll called "idol locations",
    which irritatingly says, that it does.

now on to the second mission ...

The switch in the library controls the ripping the page out of the magic book, must have left it there during testing, I'll stick it in the blue room when everything get assembled into one big mission pack.

Don't know why the item names are not working for some people. unless the files in the string directory are locked and darkloader has failed to overwrite them.

Burricks can't see the flies.

There are four ingredient rooms, air, earth, fire, water. The ingredients for the fire talisman/tricky key, is different for each difficulty level. One of the difficulty levels does use the arachnid venom.

The zombies in part two are thief gold zombies, and they are pretty stupid, and easy to avoid.

The cuckoo is only available on expert, there is no cuckoo clock in the room that has the cuckoo on normal and hard. The secret room behind the cuboard under the stairs near the back exit can only be opened on expert.

tricky keys/talisman are stone lumps with an element symbol on them.
    the idols look like little statues.

help

Could someone tell me where the air talisman is, it's not in the two secret places i've searched. i am on normal difficulty. thanks. great missions btw.

EDIT: help!
    spoiler:
    does anyone know where the switch is to open the secret entrance behind the wardrobe in the air section? This is the wardrobe with the blocked door opposite it, with the main doors that you leave to get to the magic mover
    Last edited by shadows; 25th May 2004 at 23:31.

Quote Originally Posted by belboz
    Burricks can't see the flies.
    I'd like some fly bombs, please

The zombies in part two are thief gold zombies, and they are pretty stupid, and easy to avoid.
    Thanks the gods Onward!

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

air talisman on normal
    spoiler:
    on a beam top of the library, I think

secret near blocked door
    spoiler:
    doesn't open on normal, only expert

I thoroughly enjoyed this one. My thanks to the creator.

Fun story:

In part 2, while I was luring and destroying zombies in the narrow confines of the chasm, I was killed by falling zombie parts, despite being well clear of the initial blast radius.

As far as I can tell, the walls of the chasm channeled some fragments straight up, and when they came down several seconds later, I was struck by a torso that must have reached a terminal velocity of ~200kph.

It felt like I was being attacked by orbital bombardment ....

Don't know why the item names are not working for some people. unless the files in the string directory are locked and darkloader has failed to overwrite them.
    Might be just a question of players not having clean Thief directories. These missions do not have their own "NewGame.str" files, and, apparently Thief will first search its directories for any type of "NewGame.str'' before resorting to the default one and when it finds that "str" it will also load its corresponding "ObjNames.str". In my case, the files related to a FM I was using as a learning tool and which didn't cause any problems with any other FM I'd played since (except for this one). Now that I've taken these extraneous files out of my Thief2 directories the item names are showing up very nicely.

Another great job, belboz ... and even though I haven't finished these two FMs yet I'm looking forward to playing the next 4 missions your "Titles.str" is hinting at.

A few hours later ... all done ... and looking forward to the sequels
    Last edited by DreamWalker; 26th May 2004 at 05:30.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast