TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TTGM: Chasm of the Lost released May 24/04

On the stairway to the earth mage's bedroom, there are 5 mages scattered about. My first two visits to this area had the 5 throwing their fireballs at each other. My third visit had them standing so quiet and still I was able to walk around them without being disturbed. I had saved just before going up the stairs on this passive third visit and went back to that save and the darn mages were all fighting again and I could not go back up the stairs. Is this a bug? Or, are there periods of passive then aggressive behavior and I just have to hit it at the right time?

Update. Got the big guy. However, of the four remaining mages, or whatever they are that are just standing there, one of them has a key which will not release into my inventory. What does this key open? Possibly I have a duplicate already. Or, how does one get this key to release?
    Last edited by joanieS; 26th May 2004 at 10:53.

Second part of this mission

I am now in the water area, does anyone know how to get out of here? I just seem to be going in circles.

I got it whoo hooo!
    Last edited by maloo; 26th May 2004 at 15:53.

A few questions...

I have found 3 of the 4 Talismans.

spoiler:
    I am working on the Fire Talisman, but cannot find the "Eye of Slug" needed to complete the mix to get the Fire Talisman. Where is the "Eye of Slug"? I believe I have every single ingredient from the 4 ingredient rooms...

Also...

spoiler:
    I found only one idol in the rafters of the library - I read through the other posts and don't know if I have all the idols... I return to the Mage who gave me the key and he says that I do not have all 4 keys... I have looked in the storage room with the boxes and found nothing. I looked in the bedrooms in the Water Mage's building and found nothing in the blue chests.

One more...
    spoiler:
    There is a secret door between the Water and Air mages buildings on the first floor (as opposed to the ground floor as the map states). How do I open that?

Wait, one more...
    spoiler:
    I cannot find the unlit torch to frob in the Air Mages building. Looked opposite (as one post states) of the hidden room switch... Help!

Any help would be great...

Quote Originally Posted by maloo
    I am now in the water area, does anyone know how to get out of here? I just seem to be going in circles.

I got it whoo hooo!
    Hi Maloo!

I'm in part two, playing on expert, at the water portion of the Trickster's Temple and I keep dying after wooshing through the streams.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Okay, to be more specific:

spoiler:
    I've gone from the initial underwater portion through the ice caves where I scooped up a bunch of water arrows. Now there's the underwater streams, above and below. The Book talks about veering to the right from the upper stream. As I zoom past along the upper stream, I see a watery archway to my left, but for the life of me I can't manuever into it.

I've managed to swim down from upper to fall into lower at a point where the current lets me stay still and mantle into the room with the eyeball plants and the frogbeast. Nothing there of use, though. After a few trys, I was able to go back into the lower stream current and snag the edge of the open archway, mantling in to a room with pillars and platforms far above.

Basically, at this point, I'm rather stuck Any help would be gratefully accepted!

Cheers!
    -M
    Last edited by Melissa; 26th May 2004 at 21:36.
    Your mileage may vary

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa

spoiler:
    I've gone from the initial underwater portion through the ice caves where I scooped up a bunch of water arrows. Now there's the underwater streams, above and below. The Book talks about veering to the right from the upper stream. As I zoom past along the upper stream, I see a watery archway to my left, but for the life of me I can't manuever into it.

I've managed to swim down from upper to fall into lower at a point where the current lets me stay still and mantle into the room with the eyeball plants and the frogbeast. Nothing there of use, though. After a few trys, I was able to go back into the lower stream current and snag the edge of the open archway, mantling in to a room with pillars and platforms far above.

Basically, at this point, I'm rather stuck Any help would be gratefully accepted!

Cheers!
    -M
    spoiler:
    Yes go to the left into that watery archway, which you have already done. Jump across the platform you are on, to the other platform on the other side. Slap the talisman in and go back to the waterstream and fall down from above into the now ope entrance. i dare say that current is too strong, i had to do it a few times before i could get into that archway

Quote Originally Posted by shadows
    spoiler:
    Yes go to the left into that watery archway, which you have already done. Jump across the platform you are on, to the other platform on the other side. Slap the talisman in and go back to the waterstream and fall down from above into the now ope entrance. i dare say that current is too strong, i had to do it a few times before i could get into that archway
    Oof - gotcha. I made it into the LOWER archway alas. I haven't been able to get into the watery archway above. I just zoom past, not even getting the beginning of the mantling sound as I frantically hit buttons! I guess I'll just keep trying and reloading until I get in!

EDIT:
    I made it! Woot!

Thanks, shadows!
    -M
    Last edited by Melissa; 26th May 2004 at 22:08. Reason: New developments
    Your mileage may vary

The maw section in part two used to be dead easy, but some of the beta testers said it was too easy and should be more of a challange. So now the maw section is a lot harder, and the water section takes me a couple of go's to get it right.

frazzled

Its so ironically amusing having Those
    spoiler:
    4 types of mages around and trying to orchestrate the use of the right tools at my disposal to defeat them was so challenging at times. When you are looking for traps,jewelry,clues,secrets AND tapping the floor like a jackhammer rushing around on expert to complete.
    It really can be the best experience of all.
    Reaking havoc along my way.
    The concept seemed so simple even after the Author practically gives you all the clues, scrolls, mission objectives,map.
    But after they hear you theres no stopping them until you've prepared wisely or HIDE well!! RUN!!!
    This has to be the first FM that had bodies hidden away in chests to find an archer and his maiden-surprise!. HAHA
    Gruesome story line and after reading so much material THE MAZE!
    Fire elementals and bouncing evil hammer heads HAHA!
    I like the sound of the water arrow after hitting an elemental
    Oh yeah, And don't touch the Icy BLUE Strips!

The puzzles are really innovative.
    The impact of belboz missions have me in a frazzle man!
    My bow is tarnished and I got a hell of a TAN!
    And I smell like the DEAD!
    OH and BELLY SURFING LESSONS head first into STONE!!
    All in the name of PAYING THE RENT!!!

Thanks for an awesome experience Boz

dealasteal
    Last edited by dealasteal; 27th May 2004 at 06:38. Reason: maybe its not nice to reveal the story without SPOILER TAGS

I was beginning to wonder if I had really betatested these missions after hearing the questions about the water area in the Trickster's Temple but now I see it's just been spiced up, which is very, very good. I haven't had time to play the released version yet but will as soon as possible, which may be awhile because I'm hoping to have T3 today or tomorrow.

Eye of Slug?

I thought I had all the ingredients from the ingredient rooms...

Any hints on where the Eye of Slug is?

spoiler:
    I need this to complete the Fire Talisman ritual.

Thanks!

arecanerain

If I remember there are two offices on your map that have the ingrediants, one in the earth area and one other. Its in there.

DOH!!!!

I was not careful

spoiler:
    checking the Earth Mage's Ingredients Room bottom shelf

Thanks!

I was just about to post a to Belboz for this great great mission when I reached the waterway part!!!!! After a dozen futile tries, I think I am too waterlogged to manage this on my own. Hey, give me some idea of how to do this confounded thing!!! When I reach the final "chute" area and can see the prized archway, I cannot even get down from the ceiling area enough to get into the opening. Maybe I am just too old to swim that hard. And, Belboz still gets a even though.

Quote Originally Posted by joanieS
    I was just about to post a to Belboz for this great great mission when I reached the waterway part!!!!! After a dozen futile tries, I think I am too waterlogged to manage this on my own. Hey, give me some idea of how to do this confounded thing!!! When I reach the final "chute" area and can see the prized archway, I cannot even get down from the ceiling area enough to get into the opening. Maybe I am just too old to swim that hard. And, Belboz still gets a even though.
    Hi joanieS!

I wish I could tell you how I finally got in, but honestly, it was just dumb luck and stubborness. (thinking it over) Hmmm...

spoiler:
    When you shoot to the top, let your self pause for a second at the ceiling (you'll have enough bubbles) and face the wall. Slide to the right and down and as soon as the current grabs you, just try to aim as hard as you can towards that arch.

Oh - and when you finally DO make it, don't accidentally shoot right off the platform because you're still holding down the forward key That would utterly suck, yes?

Have fun!
    -M

Key to Crypt Door...

Did I miss something?

I got

spoiler:
    the High Priest's Armory Key from behind the door leaning against the wall.

Is there another key for this door in the Hammerite Crypt?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by arcanerain
    Is there another key for this door in the Hammerite Crypt?

Thanks!
    spoiler:
    you get that key off the lich, and to do that you go to the temple

Just finished these and I must say, well done belboz!
    I actually managed to get all the loot on the second mission! \o/
    Nice little bit at the end, my blackjack was feeling neglected.

WOW!! Another outstanding mission Belboz. I'm soo glad I decided to start on normal and work my way up. I'm finding the task MUCH tougher on each level as I go through them (as intended me thinks).
    I'm just curious as to how many more great missions you have in your pocket

Idol locations on Normal?

I have two at the moment:
    The one from the room with the corpses in chests. (Earth area)
    The one on the shelf near the servant girls ghost. (Air area)
    And I know I'll get one from the ghost. (Water area)

So can anyone tell me where the other one is? Presumibly it's in the fire area so that's where I'm concentrating my search for now.

Spoilers would be appreciated, thanks!

[edit]Never mind, found a nice little scroll...
    Last edited by Jocke; 30th May 2004 at 05:53.

check

spoiler:
    the rafters in library

Where do I find the Master Key to fight the HeadLich?

Really great mission here, lots of fun. Im trying to find the master key. Also a questiona bout part one, there was a secret door behind a cabinet that I could never open. I look hi and lo, no switches. Whats up with that?
    Max

Maximus,
    spoiler:
    I've not long done that bit and i've forgotten where the switch is, but if youv'e got the scroll that tells you where the secret switches are(the one about it being above his office in his bedroom) that switch also opened that bookcase in normal mode.

Hope that makes sense, it didn't to me until I found it.
    Ravenhook
    Last edited by Ravenhook; 3rd Jun 2004 at 04:08. Reason: forgot name

This is great, but...

spoiler:
    I can't find ANY idols playing on Normal; I've been all over the rafters in the Library. Don't even know what the other locations are.

I can't figure out what order the elements go in for the fire talisman

One thing I did, though, was kill every mage except lakluster.

This is a great FM.

Any help is greatly appreciated

criacme: have you been to see the friendly water mage, he will eventually give you directions for finding the idol location on a scroll, that sits atop his desk. i also remember listing locations for the idols on normal and hard earlier in this thread.

for the fire tricky key, goto the fire mages room by the pentegram and read the book to get a page with instructions to get it.

Inferno - "please sir, i want some more"

I'm sure I killed the friendly mage without so much as giving him a chance. Fortunately, I have now found
    spoiler:
    3 idols
    . But I still need to know specifically:

spoiler:
    what order do the objects go in for the fire key. I have the page you describe. Which point in the pentagram do I place each item?
    Last edited by criacme; 4th Jun 2004 at 18:24.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast