TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TTGM: Chasm of the Lost released May 24/04

fire key:
    spoiler:
    try them on the five plates till they disappear leaving glowing gas. each item only works on one plate,

as for the friendly mage, you cant kill him, but after you see him after getting the 4 tricky keys(elemental stones he then disappears but not before hand.) he also holds the 4th idol, so get the fire key first.

Anyone, PLEEEEEASE...I can't stand it anymore

Thanks to inferno for sparking my otherwise braindead self into realizing where the idols were.

Nothing bothers me more than a relatively simple puzzle that I can't solve.

If anyone remembers:

spoiler:
    What specific points on the pentagram each specific element goes, in order to summon the fire key. There are 282 possible combinations and I simply do not have that kind of patience. Needless to say, my 30 or so combos have not worked yet.

Any help will win my never-ending adulation and thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by criacme
    spoiler:
    Are you dropping the elements on the pentagram points? - You should use the element like you would a key on the point. If you use each of the 5 elements on the list (from the book in the next room) in turn on each point until it activates it shouldn't take too long.

Great!! MISSION!!!

This is to Belboz this was one of my favorite FMS of all time (well so far).
    Thanks from a frobber in Texas!!

Quote Originally Posted by criacme
    Thanks to inferno for sparking my otherwise braindead self into realizing where the idols were.

If anyone remembers:

spoiler:
    What specific points on the pentagram each specific element goes, in order to summon the fire key. There are 282 possible combinations and I simply do not have that kind of patience. Needless to say, my 30 or so combos have not worked yet.

Any help will win my never-ending adulation and thanks.

what exactly are you you using? do you mean indgredients (like Bone of Crayman, eye of slug, etc) ? there are only 5 ingredients you need to use on the pentagram, there's a book somewhere that tells you (i believe its in the fire mage section,
    spoiler:
    its on a little table somewhere close to a wall right as you enter the room.

and i dont know exactly if the "points" are where you use them, but youre supposed to use the little
    spoiler:
    plates
    on the pentagram, one ingredient each.
    So you just sit there, stuck, afraid to face reality,
    Afraid to cause yourself more pain to face insanity,
    But nothing ventured, nothing gained..
    Ra - "Do You Call My Name"

Uncle...

I guess I'm just being lazy. I'll report when done!

Thanks to all!

dont drop them on the plates, use them on the plates, as you would a key for a door. if you got page from mages book it tells you 5 items you need, therefore only 25 possible combos. it lessens by each item you get right, lol.

when i played i didnt have labels and i had to go through all the items one by one till they worked for me, just think bout that for a minute, 4 storage rooms, by bout 15 items, and 5 plates. you got it easy if there already labeled for ya. lol

the magic bit.

spoiler:
    use the vial/jars/glass bottles on the plates on the pentagram, a ball of smoke will appear over the plate when you have used the correct ingredient.
    The ingredients are listed in the spell book in a room near the room with the pentagram, when you read it, garrett will tear the correct page out of it, and the page will end up in your inventory with the name "Page torn from magic book." on that page are wrriten the ingredients you need, then all you have to do is go to the store rooms and get those items if you haven't already got all the ingredients. then go to the pentagram and use those ingredients on the plates/bowls there.

Where's the Lich

OK - I've cleaned out the Hammerite Temple mostly, including
    spoiler:
    the armory, but can't get in to the door in the crypt. I understand that the Lich has this key - but where is the Lich? Do I have to go through the Maw first to find him? Or is he somewhere in the Temple?

Thanks in advance - this is driving me crazy! Great mission, by the way!

kimberley on the map, you'll see that there is another place to explore, way to the right of the hammer complex. there will be some zombies patrolling the outside go in till you see a red portal, go in, then your on your way, think on map its called tricksters garden or forest or something. you need go there next.

I'm confused. I am playing on normal and have found 2 idols though I can't remember where. Searching through these posts hasn't helped because I'm finding one thing and someone else is finding something else because of the different levels. I understand that the 4th will be given to me but if someone could give me the location of the 3 then I could work out where I've found the 2 and hopefully move on.

Thanks

edit: ok got it - obviously need to get my glasses changed.
    Last edited by nickie; 8th Jun 2004 at 12:10.

Find the 4 talismans first. When you go back to the monk at the beginning he will enlighten you as to where the idols are.

Sting

Thanks again, but just one more question...

Hey folks,

I finally did finish the
    spoiler:
    idols and talismans (keys)] and am now in the temple in posession of the key to the secret passage...
    ...WHERE IS IT?

Thanks

Criacme
    spoiler:
    Go back to the hammer fort and look in the basement tomb area. There should be a door you couldnt open there.

Sting

Great Mission -- the end

Well I finally finished it! Thanks to all for life-saving assistance!

Finished, yayy

What is that area with the tree beasts outsdide the windows right at the end?

Its the base of breach fort.

Quote Originally Posted by belboz
    Its the base of breach fort.
    ? I must have missed one of your missions then

I think that one is the next in the series and hasn't been released yet. Can't wait to play it!

as far as i know it hasnt been released yet. but i 2nd nightwalker, i absolutely cannot wait to play it

A wee bit behind

I'm playing Chasm on easiest setting. I have found 2 idols.

spoiler:
    1 in the secret room in Earth section and 1 in the kitchen of Air section. I know that the ghost will give me number 4... so where is number three?

Go back to
    spoiler:
    the Water section, where you found Lackluster. There's a hallway downstairs and the Idol is in a chest in one of those rooms.

Info about killing Liches

First of all: THANKS Belboz !!! Your missions are marvellous. Trickster and Chasm too (I should download previous mission - how can I miss them ...). I wish (and hope ;-) many so fantastic mission in future.

Question:
    spoiler:

Where can I get info about killing Liches ??
    I end mission without it...

Petr

spoiler:
    In the Hammer compound, there's a bunch of books lying on the ground near the spot where you find Priest Snowdrop's armory key. One of those will complete that objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    spoiler:
    In the Hammer compound, there's a bunch of books lying on the ground near the spot where you find Priest Snowdrop's armory key. One of those will complete that objective.
    I am usually too lazy to
    spoiler:
    read all scrolls and books. And in the Hammer compound there was too many books there. Maybe I should load my previous save and try to kill that "heads" man.
    Thats it. Thanks Nightwalker.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast