TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TTGM: Chasm of the Lost released May 24/04

Great mission, great fun :D -- but I'm missing one secret...

Whew -- I haven't posted for over six months but after trying to play Thief 3 I had an anxiety attack and downloaded a bunch of new missions, including the latest installments of belboz's great TLGM series ! Congratulations! Wow! I've played them all -- and replayed them too several times!

After getting stuck several times in Elsewhere, I was pleased to actually manage to play through Chasm part 1 on expert without any help...without the forum I'd been lost before I even got there :-D!

But how to open the secret door downstairs in Earth mages' compound?
    spoiler:
    It's covered with a bookshelf, easy to detect, quite obvious in fact, near the stairs But I couldn't find any switch. I'm missing some loot and i think I might find it there...

check

spoiler:
    the left side of that doorframe

There's no secret area downstairs in the earth mage area, must be the secret in the fire mage area.

spoiler:
    Follow the blood trail in the room with the spell book, where it meets the table, look under the table, or frob the table from the blood trail side, and the door behind the bookcase should open

missing treasure,
    spoiler:
    secret room under stairs in air mage area,
    or fireplace in kitchen, or snowman outside with snow burricks, or one of the skeletons in fire mage main entrance, or stuff scattered around imploded room in air mage area.

Thanks!

Thanks belboz, i was just going to post to say oops , I meant the Earth mages' area!! I found your note BTW
    spoiler:
    on the roof, looking forward to Breach Fort
    About the missing loot,
    spoiler:
    I found the snowman the first time around, but didn't think of frobbing the grey goblets in the shrine ...

Bel - Idol Three - and Library attic

Bel,

I had two air mage keys, if I remember rightly. I ran around opening things as I went. I then tried to open the tricky door above the blown-up room area in the fire/earth/air stairway. I cycled thru my keys, and found I had no air keys left. I went on, and got into the areas behind the doors, and forgot.

Then I did the clock bit, and when I got to the secret door it opened, under the stairs by the double, doors I found the third idol, I picked it up, and it is not in my inventory now. If it matters, it was the first idol I found.

What is going on?

*Edit: I just redid part of the first Chasm mission, and when I hit the air mages that have keys on them with moss arrows, the keys poof with the mages. Does this stop the flagging for the idol registering as being picked up?*

*2nd Edit: I just loaded from a save, and [spoil] pickpocketed a key off an air mage. I looked thru my inventory and I don't have one, even tho I should.*

Someone posted in the ElseWhere mission that the dud air power cell thing moved back to the place it was hid when day three started. That happened to me also, in ElseWhere. I just looked for it where I found it, picked it up again, and finished the mission. The third idol is not in the room under the stairs anymore, so I can't do that again.

Another thing, for other people.

In the attic, there are a bunch of X's on the ground. Has anyone played with these and the rest of the unused ingredients? I dunno if they will do anything, but it seems like they would be for something.

Also, is there a lady to bring to the water mage area to kiss Lakluster? And how about the air mage that is a frog also, is he for anything? He keeps sneezing for me.
    Last edited by Rinscewind; 27th Aug 2004 at 19:55.

I'm on the 2nd mission. I reached the Hammerite sanctuary but can't find the information on killing liches.

metal dawn

spoiler:
    there are some red books in the snow by some stairs that lead up to a couple training dummies and a weapons display. one of these red books is what you're looking for

Missing air keys, don't know whats going on, I thought I removed that code. When you kill an air mage the keys in the beta version would disappear with the mage, but in the released version that condition was removed, because I went through every key and removed it. So when you kill a air mage the keys would hang in mid air.

This is another one of those bugs that I'll try to fix when everything get glued together.

Where do I find a water key (I pickpocketed all the others off of other mages but I cannot find a water one)?

Should be on a water mage or in lacklusters bedroom, not realy needed thou, only opens one door, and theres another way to the area beyond that door,
    eg. bottom of water stairs - locked water door - water corridor with vandalized portraits.

Hi there,
    Im stuck at the 2nd mission.

spoiler:
    I killed the lich and got the key. Back to the Hammerite Ruins I went to the Tomb with the roaming zombies and the closed door , but the key wont open it. The key is called "Secret Passage key" and I have it in my inventory. In my mission goals the "Get the Secret Passage Key from the Lich" ist not checked, all other goals are.

Did I miss something?

WW

I'm stuck.

spoiler:
    In part 2 I managed to work my way into the chimney from above near the beginning. Is there a way out?

Chimney, nope. (What you go in there for)

Secret door should unlock with the key by using the key on the door, then further along that passage you need some weight to add pressure to open the stone door. This is the tomb under the chapel with no roof.

It don't check off untill the end, or the mission would just end when you get the key.

Help on magic book page, part 1.

I'm having trouble finding the magic book page in part 1, playing on Expert. Where is it exactly? Don't be coy.

spoiler:
    I think it might have something to do with the lever floating in air on the lowest level of the library. In an earlier post, Belboz said that lever had something to do with the magic page, but I can't figure it out. Of course, all of my saved games are after pulling the lever...

Anyway, I managed to find everything else and get to the Temple Receiver, but the mission isn't completing because I never ripped out the page. Am I stuck?

Also, who said Garrett was British?

I'm not positive here, but did you go through the books that were scattered all over the library floor?

One word of caution though:
    spoiler:
    You may want to leave the "pinkish" colored book alone. It's not a big deal, but it's a hastle that you can avoid if you so choose.

Ah, the pinkish book...

spoiler:
    Yeah, I dealt with the unannounced library visitors. Still couldn't find the magic page, but since I had done everything else and apparently didn't require any other item to take with me, I just did the cheat skip and went on to Part 2. I liked Part 2 more, though it seemed pretty easy. Finished on Expert in a little over an hour.

Quick hint for anyone doing the Optional objective about killing the undead: if you whack a zombie with the sword and keep whacking it on the ground, in just a few moments the Objective will complete, which means you don't have to traipse around the map to kill 19 zombies. Not that I'd blame you for wanting to do that, since the ammo is plentiful even on Expert! I didn't use a flash bomb and at the end I had 14. Man, I wish I had that many the first time I did Sword in TDP.

Very good work, Belboz. I was wondering if you drew any inspiration for the chasm from the ruined city of Petra, in Jordan. The entrance canyon there --the Siq in Arabic -- is frequently as narrow and as deep as the chasm in the mission. Brought back fond memories, but of course when I visited Petra there weren't any zombies to avoid.

Ronnie

Getting the page out of the book ain't a objective, it was just something extra.

The book who's page you can rip out ain't in the library, its in the fire mage area, next to the bowl room, the lever at the bottom of the library should be in the blue room beneath the library, it just got moved by accident, it just sticks a page/parchment in the players inventory.

To finish the first part you use the idols in the mover temple on the metal plates, then enter the teleport they create, then exit the other temple and it should end

Voice Actor

Just finished

I just finished the entire series (so far). I'm proud to say I finished Chasm 2, including the bonus OBJ, with no hints (for once).

You rock, boz! Thanks.

Don

Chasm of the Lost - Part 1

How do you end part 1? We have the idols, the talismans and lots of loot. We tried going out the double doors out of the air mage's area and got to a temple where we put the idols. But we must have done something wrong. We are stuck here with no place to go. Taking the transporter we come to a dead end. HELP, HELP!!!!!! We are stuck!!!!

Voice Actor
    Disclaimer: this information is based on what happened to me, playing on expert.

To end part 1, you need the items as stated in your objectives:

4 talismans
    spoiler:
    (the elemental talismans)
    and 4 idols
    spoiler:
    (small statues called Unos, Dos, Triact, and Quatros or something like that)

You should also have completed all your other objectives except the last one.

In the temple located
    spoiler:
    Northeast of the elemental mages compound
    you have to
    spoiler:
    USE the idols on the metal plates there.
    If it doesn't seem to be working,
    spoiler:
    i.e. an idol doesn't work on a particular pedestal
    , try it on another one.

The transporter should activate, and if you walk into it you should get an "Objective Complete" (your last objective) and you'll find yourself in a temple that looks very similar to the one you left. Walk forward and the mission will end a few seconds later and take you to Part 2.
    Don
    "I prefer to work behind the scenes. The rewards are nearly as great, and the risks far less." -- Londo Mollari

I've never been to Petra in Jordan, although I do know about the place cos there was a documentary about it on tv.
    the chasm is just cracks at the bottom of a big creater.

To end the mission you need to fill all the objectives in the objective screen, except the last one, then use the idols in the temple ne of the mage compound, stand in the particles to get to the other temple, then move forward.
    There are four talisman and four idols, three idols can be found around the compound and the forth is given to you by lackluster when he departs the world, when you return to him with the four talisman, if you find all the talisman and no idols, then returning to lackluster he will give you the forth idol and a scroll describing the locations of the others.

Although I've played this before, I'm stuck. Playing on normal in Part 2 I've done it the other way around and went to the bone temple first.
    spoiler:
    Where exactly is the lich's key? I can sneak right up to him but there's no key. He gets up and walks around but has no key. I went back to a previous save and went to the Hammerite Compound and found the info on killing liches. Do I have to kill the lich to get the key? Does he disappear and a key appear in his place?
    I just can't remember what I did the first time I played this. I've also found this time that if I reload in the temple, he appears lying in a different direction from the last time. Most odd.

I went back and started again and
    spoiler:
    killed the 7 undead.
    When I did the temple bit again
    spoiler:
    the lich was walking around with the key this time. Actually I ended up with 2 secret passage keys, 1 worked and 1 didn't.
    Last edited by nickie; 5th Feb 2005 at 09:55. Reason: Not stuck anymore

The key is in a hole in the side of the altar, if he's lieing on the altar, if he gets up and the key is not on him, then its either still in the hole in the altar, or on the altar, or the blue thief pixies have stolen it and hidden it with the thief bug.

Where is the Air Talisman?

Could I please get a clue as to where the Air Talisman is? Thanks guys.

Air Talisman

I actually just found the Air Talisman so no help needed there. But I am still missing one of the idols, I can't remember which one it is. I think it might be the air one but the location of all the idols would be helpful. And I read somewhere that the air mages carried keys? I don't think I have picked up any keys off of the air mages. Is it possible they disappeared when they died?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast