TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: TTGM: Chasm of the Lost released May 24/04

Well, some things change locations depending on the difficulty level that you're playing, and i think idols are among them but i'm not so sure about talismans/tricky temple keys though. If you have 3 idols the 4th one will be
    spoiler:
    given to you by Lakluster but you need to have all 4 talismans (or tricky keys as they're called) first in order to get it.
    All mages carry keys, you should have at least 3-4 keys from each group of mages. BTW, have you been to the
    spoiler:
    rooftops outside the mages compound?

I'll really have to replay all of the Trickter's Gem Mine Missions (so far) soon. This mission, in particular is definitely one of the best (I especially get my sides split by
    spoiler:
    all of the horrible yet comical deaths/fates of the mages
    in the first part)
    Last edited by metal dawn; 1st Mar 2005 at 23:12.

No Keys from Air Mages

I toasted all the Air Mages
    spoiler:
    with the moss arrows
    before seeing if they had any keys on them and I think that the keys disappeared with them. With the other mages the keys floated in mid air after I killed them but not with the air mages. I think someone else before mentioned having the same problem. As for the idols I only have 2, I have no idea where to find the third idol. In response to your question to if I had
    spoiler:
    been on the roof of the air mage compound
    , I have not. I only have one key from the air mages.

I really hope I can finish this mission it is one of the more entertaining missions I have done lately. This is actually the first one I have done out of the series, I just found out yesterday that there were more so I downloaded them and tried them. They seem like they will be pretty fun also.
    Last edited by lambizkit; 2nd Mar 2005 at 04:46. Reason: Spoiler Errors.

Earth Talisman

Been all over this compound and cannot find the earth talisman. Playing on Normal. Read all the spoilers but nothing...

Ricebug

spoiler:
    go to the stairs with the small pool at the bottom in the water mage area, not the entrance pools, go up the stairs, and at top go west into short corridor, have a look at the lefthand side of the doorframe of the door you've just walked through for a switch. Use the switch and enter the hidden room, in a footlocker in the room there, is what you seek.

Can't find a way to the Tricky Temple ????

Hello from Cincinnati,
    I'm in the compound near the "Air" Area. I just finished getting the last Idol. I have all the Talismans and keys. I'm on Normal play. How do I get to the Temple? How do I continue the game. Any help appreciated ....... The Geez

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer
    Hello from Cincinnati,
    I'm in the compound near the "Air" Area. I just finished getting the last Idol. I have all the Talismans and keys. I'm on Normal play. How do I get to the Temple? How do I continue the game. Any help appreciated ....... The Geez
    spoiler:
    I think there is a shrine with pedestals where you place the keys; I believe it is elsewhere in the canyon...not sure exactly where though.

Need more help to get to the Temple

I'm in the mage compound on Normal. I have the idols,keys,talismans but can't find a way to the Temple to end Part 1. Do I go outside or is there a entrance in the compound somewhere? Lost in Chasm game !!!! The Geez

in the air mage area, go through the library, across the bridge, go left at end, then right, then through door opposite at end of corridor, go down stairs and out the big double doors, then left oven snow heap, and follow chasm to end where the temple is, then use the idols on the metal plates, walk into the vapours in the middle, then walk forward and mission should end.
    Then hit continue to get to next part.

Although if you are on normal, you could use a rope arrow to get onto the roof, and walk over it to get to the northern exit from the compound, hit points for normal is enough to survive the fall off the roof. There isn't any sound on the roof, cos there's no reason to go up there.

Many,many Thanx !!!!

Thanks Belboz --- that did it for the Old Guy !!!!!

For some arcane reason,
    spoiler:
    the page about the fire elemental / crystal wont appear on my inventory.

Spoil me please coz I am about to kill some space alien in the garden.
    HELP!!!
    I am playing on normal (like it was any easier).

Oh yes and I cannot find the 2nd
    spoiler:
    idol either help!!!

So anyone can help?

"Arcane?" Did you mean "unknown?" Arcane means ancient, mysterious or forbidden.

EDIT:*Looks at definition then looks back at Mark's statement; realizes it makes perfect sense*

Eh...never mind. I don't even realize what I'm saying half the time.

Anyway,
    spoiler:
    I think the idols places differ depending on difficulties. But, of course, I might be wrong. You're not being very specific either. Can you give the name(s) of the idols you currently possess?
    Not that I remember for sure. It's been a while since I played this.

About the page thing, I have no idea. If all else fails, try preserving your savegames, deleting your current copy and downloading a fresh one.
    Last edited by metal dawn; 11th Apr 2005 at 19:15.
    "Bin gar keine Russin, stamm' aus Litauen, echt deutsch." *
    --Thomas Stearns Eliot
    *There's nothing Russian about me, I'm from Lithuania, and German through and through.

I have air, water and earth symbols, and the first and the third idol, I have met with Lackluster so I know about the last idol, but if I can't find it the fire symbol, and I am on normal skill.
    And by arcane yes I meant that obscure mysterious bug since I've read the book and think it does have a bug, oh did I did a rhyme?

Well I just tried at random potions and voila I have it now.
    Thanks anyway.

Finished, nice ride.
    A time eating level for sure.

Yeah. Waiting for Breach Fort is Hell...and there's still more after that! Just amazing, really, what that guy can do!

Summoning the fire key

spoiler:
    My powdered crayman isn't working on the pentagram points. I got the aracnid and snakeman to work, but the crayman isn't having any effect. The eye of newt doesn't work either.

Anybody else have this problem or know a solution?

Edit: Nevermind. On carefully checking the ingredients, I was trying to use the wrong stuff.
    Last edited by The inscrutable po; 2nd Sep 2005 at 16:23.

Edit: Nevermind. On carefully checking the ingredients, I was trying to use the wrong stuff.

Anyhow, I have tried to "use" these items, but they still don't work. I thought They might after giving the computer a rest for half a day, but it's a just a couple of jars that won't activate what they're supposed to. Could this be a video card problem or a driver? I've got one of those nvidia 6600 agp's with 128 RAM.

Also, is this key absolutely necessary? Can I get it from one of the mages? If not, I'm in trouble.

Last edited by The inscrutable po; 2nd Sep 2005 at 16:23.

Part 1, Expert - Looking for a way to open a secret door.

spoiler:
    I found the door under the stairs in the air mage area, but I can't figure out how to open it. It's behind a cabinet. This would be in the large group of rooms where the second floor has a huge hole in it and there's a lot of broken furniture and walls which pretty much make the whole area one big room.

EDIT: I FOUND IT!
    How could I miss it?

spoiler:
    It's the old burnt out torch on the wall nearby. I guess I was looking for a lever like most the others are.
    Last edited by The inscrutable po; 3rd Sep 2005 at 00:22.

It was a lever but got changed durring beta testing.

Once you get the secret key off the lich, how do you get back to the Hammer Compound? I can't get out of the air platforms room - and I can't even imagine how I will get back through the water area if I can even gt TO it!! Did I miss a door somewhere?

Yes. There's an archway in the wall, farther down from the one that you came through to the front of the temple, that has a teleporter field in it. You'll bypass all those trials you had to go through to get here.

I need some help,I got stuck!
    Where is the 3rd idol?I've got the Unos and the Triact ones,but can't find the 3rd.I also can't find the last ingredient for my Fire Talisman.I've been in 3 storages(in the water/fire/air areas)mbut I can't find the 4th storage?Where is that?

Things are in different places on each difficulty setting and the ingredients required are different as well. Please post what difficulty you are playing on and which ingredient you are missing and I may be able to help.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast