TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Just Friends Part 1 May 24/04

Sir Lance,

There is

spoiler:
    450 possible loot in the caves, so if you missed it all, and you're playing on expert, you won't be able to meet the loot objective...unless you want to go back in the caves.

If you're really stuck, you can always check out the lootlist.

Help with ....

spoiler:
    farting couple
    I cannot get in their house....the angle for the rope arrow will not let me go over the sill....i have tried and tried and tried!!! want to get in their if for nothing else than to see if the smell goes with the name!
    Last edited by nil8hate; 30th May 2004 at 15:51. Reason: spoiler problem

Well if you got your lock picks by now then I don't think that you need to do that and yeah maybe you can't so you must have them to get in there. Although I don't know what house your talking about and I finished the mission on expert with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lance
    Perhaps I missed it out in the caves.
    if you go all the way up the rope...

if you have been there, oops. keep looking

my lock picks do not work on the Chulents' house

so, i have tried beating the door to pieces...went up to the 3rd window with unfrobabble doors because it is the only one my rope arrow can land at an angle that lets me get up there, and beat those to pieces...got one open, but now i am too close to the other one for it to open properly....please....how do i get in?

oh yeah...and where the heck is the plumbing company? i am near the butcher's at the end of town it should be...according to my compass...but, where or where?
    Last edited by nil8hate; 30th May 2004 at 23:09. Reason: 2nd question

nil8hate
    spoiler:
    The way I got into their house was to put one arrow in the window frame as you did. Then turn left and keep turning left at every corner until I came to a lit lamppost. I turned left at the lamppost down a small alley. At the end of that you need to look up and shot another rope arrow. Jump through the window and round the building and you should be able to jumb into the window where you left you first arrow from there. As for the plumbing company they are near one of the corners of town (the opposite one to the sewer entrance I think.

spoiler:
    Thanks for the help but I did see the treebeast and took all the loot up there. I hit the right way out of the caves first time so I guess this is where the missing 200 loot is - right at the bottom!

Duhhh!!

Thank you Sir Lance....i found the plumbing company...one door from where i just knew it had to be! and now i am on my way to the Phlat Chulentz's house!

BTW...even bigger DUH....there is a walkthrough at me!

Just finished and i loved it!!!

i must have Part 2....must have it NOW!!!

one of the best i have played in a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ghost Lord
    Well if you got your lock picks by now then I don't think that you need to do that and yeah maybe you can't so you must have them to get in there. Although I don't know what house your talking about and I finished the mission on expert with no problems.
    Oop's I said that because I got this thread confused with the thread about Fletchers Final Mistake. Clumbsy me!! I had a good laugh at myself though when I just found that out. So lol I know what house your talking about now since it's actually in this fm and I haven't even finished this fm yet!! Most recently I got stuck....

spoiler:
    in the prison and can't get out again because I didn't retrieve my two rope arrows and have to go back to an earlier save and I don't remember how far back it is. So I'm not sure if I'll ever reach the dungeon!!

@ Dark Ghost Lord, if you are where I think you are then have a look in the water your standing in. On normal setting I think there is a rope arrow on the floor.

Prison? what prison?

Dark Ghost Lord....are you still referring to "Just Friends?" I thought i completed it...and that i do not go to the prison till Part 2?

I'm playing on expert though and there is no rope arrow there. It's ok though because it just so happens that my saved game before being in the prison was not that far back and I'm now past giving the....

spoiler:
    incriminator evidence about the dr to his wife part.

I've givin up finding all the loot I still need in the city before continueing so I'm now looking at the loot list. So far with help from the loot list I now have found the...

spoiler:
    3 coins in the fountain. And earlier withought it's help I saw a bracelet in the bathtub in a room on the top floor of one of the houses but I couldn't get it because I couldn't get in the bathtub. Atleast I got the ring in there before I left the room though!!

Which now makes my loot total 3054.

What a hard fm this is!!

nilhate8, I think Dark Ghost Lord is referring to the
    spoiler:
    Doctor's torture chamber. You're right in that Lord Bile's dungeons will be revealed in Part 2
    BTW, I'm very glad you liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ghost Lord

spoiler:
    3 coins in the fountain.

Which now makes my loot total 3054.

What a hard fm this is!!
    You *might* want to have another look.........

Ok I've now finished the mission. I was surprised that the dungeon was not in this!! I thought I could frob the lever where you enter the sewer to open the sewer gate. So I could make my way to the dungeon when all of my objectives in the city were complete, lol!!

Feeling silly about the Chulentz household

Howdy!

Playing on expert.

spoiler:
    I *finally* got through the window into the Chulentz house (the ledge kept preventing me from climbing high enough ) and found the key to open the front and bedroom doors, revealing the farting man and his wife. I know from this thread that I'm supposed to get an objective that airs out the place for the Mrs. I even have the fan. But I haven't gotten the objective - anyone know what triggers it?

I've completed everything else save some needed loot fulfilled the Mrs. Horne and the Doctor's wife objective, already found the sewer key). Haven't been able to get into the doctor's offices - maybe I'm missing something in there?

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Melissa,

spoiler:
    When you got the key to the Chulentz house, there is also a journal in that secret area behind the burrick head trophy. The objective should appear when you read that journal.

I would now just like to comment to you Bassmanrett that I think that you really are a very good singer because I found that singing bass very fun and entertaining to listen to. I can't even count how many times I turned it on.

Many thanks, Dark Ghost Lord!!!!!

Part 2 should (hopefully) appeal to you then....working on it now.

BTW, I've already conceived and started a new mission to follow Part 2, which will use the same city, but with a different plot, and will allow access to all the buildings previously inaccessible (there are quite a few, if you recall....in particular, THE BANK...big, white building). Tenatively entitled, "The further adventures of Burglar Burt". It's still in the conception stage, but shaping up nicely, and I hope all will enjoy it.
    Last edited by bassmanret; 7th Jun 2004 at 11:24.

I can't get the first 2 objectives to check off. This is on Anal level. Am I reading the wrong journal or the wrong note outside the cave?
    Also, I can get the objective
    spoiler:
    place the Dr's journal on his wifes bedtext
    . to check off either. Is she waking up and not seeing it?
    Sorry if the spoiler space doesn't work. Never tried it before.
    Like previously mentioned, the loot requirement is way too high for the Anal level.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 15th Jun 2004 at 08:00.

Abert, I'm very sorry, but I don't know why this might be happening for you. This is the first reporting of this problem. ...????... I'm at a loss...

I can't find that key in the beginning to open the door down in the river. This is the one with one loot sitting in some grass. I heard it is up somewhere, but can find a place to shoot the rope arrow.
    Any help on this FM?

Great mission, Bassmanret!

I didn't have any problem getting the Dr.'s wife journal obj. to check off...first I tried the nightstand, and next the bed, and that's where it worked. I did have a little trouble getting in the Chulentz' 2nd floor bedroom, tho; rope arrow just wouldn't allow me past the lip of the roof. This was before I discovered a way onto the 2nd floor of the Clairvoyant's place which led to the visible window right across from the Chulentz'. I needed a higher angle to shoot the rope arrow to get past the roof lip, so I just grabbed a couple of boxes, stood on them to do the arrow, and that worked!

And I got all but 60 loot! I'll check the loot list to see what I missed...

I also experienced the floating/flying Mechanist Angel when I bumped it on the roof of the Bile estate...funny! Probably like the occasional door that floats off into space in a straight line when it's opened, like in the Thief 2 town cemetery...

Is there a way into the Armorer's place, perhaps similar to the Weaponsmith's next door?

Thanks!
    Crowemagnon

Thanks crowemagnon, glad you liked it!

Actually, you don't actually need to use any rope arrows to get into the Chulentz house.
    spoiler:
    Just lean out the psychic shop window to open the shutters, then jump in the window.

And no, you can't get into the armorer's shop. Sorry.

Abert, sorry, I don't understand where you are. There is no river in my mission.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanret
    Dark Ghost Lord:

Well... I wouldn't go so far as to call it "singing".... probably more like howling.... wailing ... blubbering... just a bunch of noise.

Don't expect too much.
    I wouldn't call it that so much as 'sexy growly crooning.' I listened to it and laughed and laughed! If I were a sentient undead fish hung up on a wall, that's exactly what I would sing... although, in soprano, which wouldn't be half as funny.

The first part of the mission was so frustrating I wanted to kill you, but I'm greatly enjoying the city section, despite the lack of entry points--and most of all, I'm loving your uproarious sense of humor!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast