TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Just Friends Part 1 May 24/04

Thanks for your post, russellmz! I appreciate your comments. They have given more weight to some items, and added some new items to my "to do" list for changes to Part 1.

Glad you liked it!

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed I hadn't answered your question. Yes, that building with the flickering light is completely empty.

I suspended my playing of this mission a while back (like 2 years ago) and am now getting back into it.

I am missing two keys:

spoiler:

1. The Horne's Bedroom
    2. The Chulenz House

Regarding Culentz, I was able to enter their attic but cannot open the door on the other side

I have been just about everywhere else inclduing the Doctor's house & his "other" area. Still didn't find the keys I need.

EDIT: Nevermind about Chulentz. Found the other way to enter their house and got the bedroom key after getting in.

Good mission, lots of unconventional entries. And I don't think you should do away with the caves part. That is needed to give this mission some action/adventure diversity as you are only dealing with humans & theiving for the remainder.

Also, while I did chuckle at the humor, I think it was too focused on sexual innuendo. The best part was the singing bass, IMHO
    Last edited by elkston; 16th Sep 2007 at 22:02.

Thanks, elkston, glad you're enjoying it. You only mention one, so assuming you didn't find
    spoiler:
    Mrs. Horne's bedroom key, look behind one of the small end tables for a switch.
    That should get you going.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanret View Post
    Thanks, elkston, glad you're enjoying it. You only mention one, so assuming you didn't find
    spoiler:
    Mrs. Horne's bedroom key, look behind one of the small end tables for a switch.
    That should get you going.
    No, I didn't go back to the Hornes. After I finished the Chulentz', I decided to just go and end the mission. I played on "Hard" and had already satisfied the loot goal.

Thanks for the tip. I'll go back and see what I missed.

Have just finished replaying this mission and it was as much fun as first time through.

Is Part 2 in the works? Please????

Sorry for the delay (was on vacation last week). Thanks for asking, and I'm glad you liked the 2nd run-through!

Here's the latest on "Just Friends":

Part 2 has officially been split into 2 missions (I haven't decided if that will make them 2 & 3, 2a & 2b, B & C, dos & tres, etc...). I tried many "tricks" to keep it all in one, but the demonic beast that is Dromed would have none of it. So, basically, the first part of Part 2 is done and has actually gone through its first round of beta testing. I still need to make some changes based on the testers' comments, some minor adjustments, and possibly some new stuff, but none of these should take very long. I specifically asked the testers if they thought this "first part of Part 2" would work as a stand alone mission so I could release it before the second part was complete, and they agreed with me that it does not and should not be released on its own. So, both parts will be released together as a campaign.

The second part of Part 2 is actually the "meat" of the story I've trying to tell. The architecture is about 95% done (3 rather detailed rooms left). Then I need to "fill in" everything else (some of which I have struggled with already and have put off for later).

If all goes smoothly, it could be released within a few months, so I'm hoping for a worst-case end of the year release. ....the key word here is "hoping"... Not only do I want to finish it for the sheer satisfaction of finishing the story and "giving back" to the community, but since early last year I have vowed not to play any new FM until I finish mine (I felt I was being too lazy and taking too long). So, I AM DYING to play all the awesomely fantastically stupendously freakin' fabulous FMs released since then!!!! ....I hear there have been some good ones...

Thanks again for playing my mission!

Thank you for reply. Next mission sounds great, so will be worth waiting for. Glad you are following the sage advice of the beta testers!

Your restraint at not playing new missions is AMAZING, you have a lot to look forward to.

resurrecting this thread now that part 2 is out!

I played this mission when it came out, and was familiar enough to breeze through most of it this time around... but now I'm 600 short of the loot goal on normal! it may have something to do with skipping the caves at the beginning

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post

I played this mission when it came out, and was familiar enough to breeze through most of it this time around... but now I'm 600 short of the loot goal on normal! it may have something to do with skipping the caves at the beginning
    I just started this mission again and I found 400 in the caves, but I didn't make it into all the tunnels.

Hope that helps a little...

Bloody hell!

After all that interminable rock jumping and slant running, I get to the highest opening AND CAN'T GET ON THE GD VINE!

I jump, hit the bottom 9 inches or so of the damn vine, ALMOST stick to it, and slide right off it to my death!

WELL, did it - had to shoot my own rope into the tree though, needed more length!
    (something NONE of my ladies have EVER said! LOL!!!)
    Treebeast was no prob! I just decided that the landing area was'nt big enough for the both of us and suggested (read: pushed) he go visit that lonely little treefrog at the bottom of that shaft!
    (tough arse treebeast! actually survived the trip down!!!)

Screw the difficult bruhaha about going INTO that blasted slope to get the nugget and then TRYING to climb out on the tree and just MAYBE "fall onto a vine"!
    Here's the blazingly simple and obtusely obvious way:
    ~AHEM~
    FIRE A BLINKIN ROPE ARROW INTO THE SIDE OF THE SLOPE NEXT TO THE DAMN NUGGET!
    taff it all if ya taffers could'nt figure out THAT!
    --------------------------------------------------------

Mrs. Chulentz diary! = OMG! F U N N Y!!!!!!
    (though it had me runnin scared at first! THANK GOD it's for the taste of them!!!!!!!
    (though I wonder - is it the taste of them before or after she has used them????)

Build...er, hhhhelp h..er, I ~gasp~ ccca...n't, I ststst...epped ~wheeze~ in-to-to-to the bedr...oom ~coughcough~, I bbbeen gagaga...sssed ~choke/gasp/cough/wheeze~, I am dy..i..i..ing! ~sigh/slump/pass away~

HAH! Mr.Well should'nt complain, Mr.Dowd is making them good money and after all, it IS still plumbing he's taking care of!
    (female plumbing! )
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 13th Jan 2010 at 10:02.

Sorry, I just now realized that this thread was revived!

Fuod is right, there is quite a bit of loot in the caves. I'll double-check later tonight, but I THINK I included a lootlist and maybe even a walkthrough in the zip file when I released Part 1. If not, I'll be happy to PM the lootlist to you. Please check the zip file and let me know if you need the list.

Also, I'm really glad you're enjoying it, Garrett's Shadow!

bassmanret, don't worry about it - I replayed for kicks and to be reminded of the story; my comment about loot was more of a "come on, I've done this once why not now?"

bassmanret, don't worry about it - I replayed for kicks and to be reminded of the story; my comment about loot was more of a "come on, I've done this once why not now?"
    Ok, thanks. I just checked thiefmissions.com, and it does have a walkthrough and lootlist available for Part 1, in case anyone else is interested.

This is a really fun mission!

I have downloaded part 2, and then checked if I had played part 1 yet; and I had not - so of course I am playing it first.

I like the way the buildings and various ways to get in and out of them are arranged. Some pretty tricky ones. My loot is currently about 2/3 of the necessary total, and I am not done exploring around yet.

Anyways, I am also "stuck" I think. I have not read through this entire thread here to avoid spoilers (I'd have to read each one to see if it covers my issue, and don't want to do that if I don't have to!), so maybe someone can say if this is a problem or if I am missing something.

Early on I found my way into a warehouse, which has an elevator with a "secret door" under it.

Later I found the secret passage from the Doctor's house into his "secret lair", and from there, I used the "escape hatch" into the sewer.

Well, of course you end up back in the warehouse via that route. It seems to be a one-way journey. When I first got into the warehouse I did not know any of that.

The problem is (here is where I am stuck), when I earlier explored the warehouse (at the time not knowing it was connected to the Doctor's secret lair), I had left there after lowering that warehouse elevator.

Now, to continue out from the "secret lair escape route" it seems I must climb out from the "secret door" under that elevator, but the elevator is now down and covering the entry (from my earlier warehouse exploration).

I cannot find a way to raise that elevator from within that "secret" passage below it. I know there are buttons nearby on the first floor and I have tried to scrunch up high enough on that ladder and slide over towards the right to try to blind-frob those first floor buttons; but I am not successful.

How can I raise that elevator? Are there buttons in the ladder-passage that I am not seeing?

Thanks!
    Martek

Martek,

I'm very sorry, but it seems you've run into the only serious "dead end" I'm aware of that can happen in the mission. Unfortunately, I did not think to put elevator buttons accessible from below. I expected everyone to access the warehouse from the Doctor's secret area. I sincerely hope you have a save previous to lowering the elevator so you can continue. Again, my apologies, my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanret View Post
    it seems you've run into the only serious "dead end" I'm aware of that can happen in the mission(
    No worries.

Garrett (edit: Oops, I mean Burt!) will simply perish in that hole. The next poor sod that manages to escape will find a nice stash of loot and some rope arrows to get by on (and the incriminating logbook); and by then maybe someone will have raised that elevator! Live and learn, right?

But seriously, I have learned over the years to always have some backup saves in case of "situations".

In this case, it was from about 45 min earlier; but this time around, since I "knew what I was doing" this time around, it only took about 10-15 min to get all caught back up. And of course, I handled "that" situation in the way that it could be resolvable this time.

Cheers,
    Martek
    Last edited by Martek; 13th Jan 2010 at 22:24. Reason: correction

bars in the way

How do i move the bars that block entry to the sewers, got the key and opened cover but the bars now block my way. The lever that is above i can not frob.
    Last edited by Lord Soth; 20th Feb 2012 at 12:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Soth View Post
    How do i move the bars that block entry to the sewers, got the key and opened cover but the bars now block my way. The lever that is above i can not frob.
    Lord Soth, you should only go to the sewers once all other objectives are complete. When all are complete and you enter the sewer hatch and start down the ladder, the mission should end.

Hope you're having fun with it.

dml, courtesy Jax, to fix a large number of barrels, shop signs, chimney + fireplace, misplaced objects and the sewer drain in the torture chamber.

Note: This dml also requires a new file to be placed inside your T2 root folder SimReposition squirrel script. This file will shortly be included in T2Fix for use with other FM's.

Code:
    DML1

//Just Friends: Fixes. File: miss30.mis.dml

#script squirrel

+ObjProp 784 "DesignNote"
    {
     "" RepositionLoc=0.0,0.1,0.1
    }
    +ObjProp 784 "Scripts"
    {
     "Script 0" SimRepositionOfst
    }