TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 3 Tweaks - Requests and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by S_Hole
    i made a "retro" main menu out of the thief2 main menu
    screenshot
    download
    just place to thief3 install dir\CONTENT\T3\VideoTextures and overwrite the existing
    ROCK.

Now, if we can change the fonts in the briefings and options menu, I will consider myself sufficiently placated. Bonus: I'm learning more than I probably care to know about the innards of a game, and I'm having more fun learning how to tweak it than play it. Who would think?

Quote Originally Posted by Mentalepsy
    It varies. They're defined in the .sch files, so you can change them there, but that would be incredibly tedious. Most of them seem to use Papyrus 14 or 21.
    I tried to do that myself, and I hunted around the the .INI files. Mostly the Papyrus font is called in the Default and UI ini files. Using a robust text editor program like MultiEdit can make global changes across multiple files.

My preference (and I'd do it if I knew how):

Replace Option menus, most popup window text, HUD text, flavor text (adjusting for a smaller size), objective text, and frob text with Goblinhand, but leave briefings and debriefings with Papyrus.

Or just have Papyrus more legible at a lower res.

I actually don't like Goblinhand. I find it hard to read, as it's in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS LIKE THIS, WHICH REALLY BUGS ME. Papyrus is fine with me, I just wish I could change the colors in the menu. The dull violet is hard to see against the black background. I've got a nice off-white picked out, and I've found the color controls for briefings and debriefings, but I can't figure out how to change the color of the difficulty and objective windows...

EDIT:
    Of course, what I'd really like is a smallcaps font, like the one used in Thief 1 and 2...
    Last edited by Mentalepsy; 1st Jun 2004 at 14:01.

Didn't both TDP and TMA have an all-capital font in a lot of the menus? I seem to remember the objective and gear menus being like that. I thought it would add a touch of continuity.

In any case, it's not a style choice more than it is a problem reading when I have to run the game at 640X480, which I suspect is a lot more common than it should be, especially for us poor NVIDIA suckers. I feel like I bought into Betamax.

EDIT: Just read your edit, Mentalepsy. We grok.

The Keep of Metal and Gold (KoMaG) lovingly hosts an excellent font just like the one you folks are looking for, right here. However, getting it into TDS will prove to be the real challenge.

screenshot
    download
    just place to thief3 install dir\CONTENT\T3\VideoTextures and overwrite the existing
    sorry to ask this, but it seems that the new grafic behind the menu is a video right ? because i like thief3 startgrafic with the houses behind the menu... but only darker, or maybe replaced by a good picture like -> http://www.thief-thecircle.com/thief3/art-location.asp would be nice...

is there anyway to get this working without knowing to much, or better without leaving noob being ? sorry for my bad english.

screenshot
    download
    Abosultly positivly brilliant! But can you do it again on the other screens? Pondurous.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Rogue Wolf
    The Keep of Metal and Gold (KoMaG) lovingly hosts an excellent font just like the one you folks are looking for, right here. However, getting it into TDS will prove to be the real challenge.
    One should be able to do this by using THE DREADED PRINT SCREEN BUTTON, or other, less stonage means. After that, simple: now to do it...

BTW: ATI W00T!!!

okay how do I get into those .bik files - I want to take a crack at the menu screen.

edit: http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm - google is your friend and mine
    Last edited by Raven; 1st Jun 2004 at 15:26.

Since the post title is for requests....

PLEASE, help us be able to name our saved games!!!!!!!!!

Looks like someone got rid of the level zoning confirmation screens in the Ion Storm forums:

http://forums.ionstorm.com/index.php...dpost&p=328216

Safe to say, it works great! You'll have to redo all the patches done to it (using Myagi's)

Now, all we need is to get rid of the fog...

To get rid of the Thief: Deadly Shadows overlay title in the main menu:

In T3UI.ini, search for the section [MainMenuWindow], and comment out the following line:

TitleObject=MainMenuTitleObject

so that it looks like such

;TitleObject=MainMenuTitleObject

Does anyone know how to get rid of the version number in the loading screens?

Moving the SaveGame Folder

Moving the SaveGame Folder

A number of you have said you dislike the way Thief: DS stores your saved games in your My Documents folder. Here are instructions on how to change this behavior. I'm running Windows 2000, but it should work on XP as well.

Disclaimer: Registry editing can cause a lot of problems with your Operating System and software if you're not careful. Although, this is not a difficult tweak, you may want to backup your registry beforehand (its good practice to backup your registry periodically anyway). As always, tweak at your own risk. Blaming Jahandar for your mishaps is strictly forbidden.

Okay, with that disclaimer out of the way, on with the tweaking...

For those unfamiliar with registry editing, step-by-step instructions:
    1. Open the Registry editor. Go to Start, Run, type "regedit" then press enter.
    2. Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ion Storm\Thief - Deadly Shadows" using the navigation pane on the left side of the window.
    3. Look in the right pane of the window for an entry called "SaveGamePath," right-click it, choose Modify, and replace the Value Data with the location where you'd like Thief to store your SaveGames folder (I'd suggest using the location where you installed the game. Default: "C:\Program Files\Thief - Deadly Shadows").

For those who know what they're doing:
    Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ion Storm\Thief - Deadly Shadows" and modify the path specified by SaveGamePath.

Notes for Everyone:
    The next time you play, the game will create a folder called SaveGames at the location you specified. If you already have games saved or if you've already configured your standard game settings (screen resolution, key binds, etc), you'll want to move/copy your old SaveGames folder to the path that you specified in SaveGamePath. Until then, you will not be able to load your saved games, and you'll have to reconfigure your settings.

Enjoy
    Last edited by Jahandar; 1st Jun 2004 at 16:02.

Remove Version number from Main Menu screen:

Remove Version number from Main Menu screen:

In the file T3UI.ini under the [MainMenuWindow] section, comment out "VersionWindow__p=VersionText" by placing a semi-colon (";") at the beginning of the line.

Original:
    VersionWindow__p=VersionText

Modified:
    ;VersionWindow__p=VersionText

I'll have the info for getting the version off the progress screen in a minute.

EDIT: Looks like getting the one on the progress screen may require editing t3main.exe (not entirely convinced), although I was able to move it to the top right corner of the loading screen, where it's less intrusive.
    Last edited by Jahandar; 1st Jun 2004 at 17:04.

How to change the default running to walking?

Does anybody know how to change the default running to walking?
    I just want it to be like in previous titles.

Quote Originally Posted by 242
    Does anybody know how to change the default running to walking?
    I just want it to be like in previous titles.
    read the tweak guide its in there

9 - download this file (right click save): swooshc01.dds
    When I try to dl this, I get gibberish. When I right click save, it wants to save it as a text file? Will that work?

Thanks for the step-by-step screens, btw, that was a big help!

get rid of zone confirmation screens

based on this thread at ion storm

here's how to get rid of the yes/no confirmation screen when you walk into another zone.

download the hexeditor XVI if you haven't done so already

- open the file T3main.exe
    - press Ctrl-G and fill in the following address in the hexadecimal field: 21D051
    - you jump to a byte that says '75' (hexadecimal code 0x75), change this to 74 (simply type 74)
    - save

done! Simply walk into the next or previous zone and the loading starts

Quote Originally Posted by Springheel
    When I try to dl this, I get gibberish. When I right click save, it wants to save it as a text file? Will that work?

Thanks for the step-by-step screens, btw, that was a big help!
    ? just right click on the link and save as to the directory
    \CONTENT\T3\PCTextures\DynamicallyLoaded

why would it become a text file?

Hope this helps... else I can send you the file by mail...

I don't know why it was coming up as a .txt file, but I tried using Internet Explorer instead of Netscape, and it worked. I love the new effect! It's very subtle, but allows you to see where your shot went. And the yellow colour makes it look a bit like a motion blur on the yellow fletching, so it isn't terribly unrealistic. Awesome! Thanks a million, Gotcha!

Anybody found a way to toggle run/walk/creep?

Thanks,
    Trigg

Quote Originally Posted by Mentalepsy
    I'll change that now. What browser are you using?
    Thanks a lot.

I'm using Opera 7.50 on Linux.

Let's see, with regards to the main menu, we are now able to:

- Disable opening movies.
    - Disable the opening load screen.
    - Replace the cityscape with S_Hole's Thief 2 backdrop, or kill the 3D overlay and use Kinger's Thief 1 backdrop (once he posts it, and he better post it!)
    - Replace the blue smoke behind the menus with a black background.
    - Kill the neon blue in the pop-up windows.

If we can replace the new briefing font with the old one, and change the color from purple to white, we'll have as close as we'll probably get to a third incarnation of the classic Thief menu. Or at least I will- you taffers can keep the blue smoke and nVidia logo and chickenscratch menu text if you want.

Doh Mech Eye Botched UP!

I've managed to change the mech eye tint and noise ratios. I also played around with some FOV settings trying to get the default fov somewhat wider than it is.

Well, the only thing I've noticed now is that my mech eye has lost all abilty to zoom in and out!!! When I activate it, it just goes to max zoom. Can anyone clue me in as to which setting I buggered up there?

Also, is there a way to adjust the default FOV in the world? It seems far too claustrophobic of a FOV for my tastes.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast