TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 381318192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Thief 3 Tweaks - Requests and Discussion

Yup, it works. I've tried it. The rag dolls don't bounce around as much. They're a bit more rigid.

Rohan

Quote Originally Posted by revelation2k
    While playing, I had noticed a bug with Garrett's backward animations. It seems as if the animations when running backwards diagonally are swapped. (i.e. running diagonally left-backwards plays the right-backwards animation)

It seems as if this would be an easy fix, but I've tried and haven't gotten anywhere. Any ideas?

Me too! How do you fix this??? Heres a DivX avi (400kb) video of what were talking about.

http://venus.walagata.com/w/rohan/2955864.avi

PLease help.

C'mon guys, surely somebody else has had this same problem with the debug menu (see above). Help!
    yeah i have exactly your problem, but i havent found a fix..
    i haven't really tried too hard sorry
    it might be something to do with tweaks we might have done to our .ini files

Minimal Hud, please...

Could someone please email me the minimal hud display T3UI.ini file?
    The link http://www.timgormley.ca/T3UIreversed.zip
    doesn't work for me, tried it for days.

Quote Originally Posted by Azal
    Well, I've got subtitles turned on in the game now - I can't remember how or where I made the changes, but I turned them on - and it's made it a whole new game.

Even when AIs who are so far away that you couldn't ordinarily hear them start talking I get their subtitles appearing.
    I've been trying to enable them too but without success. Enabling them through the default ini file didn't do the trick. Anyone know how to enable English subtitles?

EDIT: Alright, must have been drunk again. Didn't have a chance to search for subs in the American version because i uninstalled it. Switched to the European version and the subtitles can be enabled from the options screen. Thing is, they appear almost in the middle of the screen. Is there a way to ground them just a tad?
    Last edited by aville; 29th Jun 2004 at 23:42.

Sorry taffers for not reading 550 replies in this thread, but is there a way to fix the knock out of allerted civilians? Not that I need that, but it would be nice to make it closer to the first two games.
    IF YOU DO IT, DO IT WITH STYLE

Quote Originally Posted by trümmer
    Could someone please email me the minimal hud display T3UI.ini file?
    The link http://www.timgormley.ca/T3UIreversed.zip
    doesn't work for me, tried it for days.
    www.timgormley.ca/~minimalist/Minimalist0.8.zip

Thanks a lot, dunno what the other files in this package are about, gonna try them one by one and find out.

I updated the download to fix a bug. Please feel free to download again.

Any tweaks so you can see Garrets bow when unequipped? Like the way some guards carry it on their backs? Details like this ruin the immersion me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by New Horizon
    Yup, it works. I've tried it. The rag dolls don't bounce around as much. They're a bit more rigid.
    you are right, my mistake. setting to zero doesn't work but this does:
    BounceForceMax=1;5
    BouncePitchMin=-0.5;-2
    BouncePitchMax=0.5;2
    Last edited by _gotcha_; 30th Jun 2004 at 12:39.

I have changed the size of gears in [WeaponCycleWindow] and [ItemCycleWindow] in T3UI...
    Scale_X=0.8
    Scale_Y=0.8
    Scale_Z=0.8
    but now there are some empty spaces between smaller gears. What else should I change in order to join these gears?

You have to change the actual X & Y values in the [prevprevweaponwindow] [prevweaponwindow] [nextweaponwindow] & [nextnextweaponwindow] sections of t3ui.ini.

I hate the gears so i just removed em completely

Quote Originally Posted by Philky
    You have to change the actual X & Y values in the [prevprevweaponwindow] [prevweaponwindow] [nextweaponwindow] & [nextnextweaponwindow] sections of t3ui.ini.

I hate the gears so i just removed em completely
    Were you able to remove the gears but still have the weapons appear? I would love to remove the gears and just have the weapons cycle in one spot, that would be nice.

Remove Dagger

Anyone figured out a way to remove Garrett's dagger from inventory? I never, ever use it -- it's just an extra space I have to cycle through to get from the blackjack to the water arrows. I'd love to just make it disappear.

Ok, searched the forums and I still want to know - how can I get rid of the zoning fog? I don't care if it's ugly - I want to judge that for myself.

Also, is there a way to change the colors of the HUD letterings? (The weapon/item names and amounts).

I was wondering if anyone felt inclined to make up a new "back" button. The console-triangle has bugged me from the start. Something stony to go with the rest of the menu buttons would be so much more appropriate. Or, on the off chance that it's not hard to do, I'll do it myself if someone can tell me how.

I agree with the ixnay aggerday. I walk around with it if I'm trying to look like Sam Fisher. That's about it. So it's only purpose, for me, is to remind me of a game which was based off a better interpretation of Garrett.

Anyways, I might mention that for everyone that's sweating their frame per second, that they loadup the debug menu. It's just a simple change to a couple of ini files. In the debug menu, you can go under "video profiling", and select "FPS". The FPS will showup on-screen at the top, in yellow numbers. Very handy to have if you're trying to tweak your video settings to give you playable framerates. I find that my framerates bottom out with 3 AI (or more) on-screen. Torches also bring down the rate in an alarming manner. This particular "tip" should probably be included in the tweak section.
    Last edited by ejsmith; 10th Jul 2004 at 16:29.

T3PhysicsSound.ini -- it's not PHYSICS!!!

Seems T3PhysicsSound.ini is config file for PHYSICS SOUND SYSTEM. System which devs was very proud when coding DeusEx 2. This system responsible for generating right sound when objects interact at physics level. This system manage data about materials and how they sounds with each other. When wooden crate strikes at stone wall this system must automaticly output right sound about it event.

If you look at params in that ini there almost all of it is sound related -- volume, pitch, repeat time, loudest etc. And think wise, guys, at any from many ini-files not mentioned physics, though this is very huge system. I mean if it huge system it must have many parameters -- not two or three. And if it so easy tweaking as we was thinking, then ION-Storm could did it by themselves in production time. Seems programmers play and play and play with models+Havok and most worth what they get we see now at game.

So, probably physics hard coded in engine or in resource files. And should be strange put the only params *ForceMin, *ForceMax, etc in T3PhysicsSound.ini. BTW, no one here noticed big changes in game with this params tweaked. It's probably personalistic perception of changes, but not real changes.

So, I think -- that's PHYSICS SOUND SYSTEM, but not just physics system.
    Last edited by Vitali Kram; 13th Jul 2004 at 09:50.

There are some mixed reports but I am inclined to agree. I have tried different settings and didn't see any changes (also setting it all to 0). Guard still bend double.
    On the other hand I haven't heard any sound changes either...

more difficult game

I wanna ask for a more difficult game in general. I'm sure a lot of people wants this and some tweaks works it pretty well but I'm thinking on one thing:

-The Keepers Enforcers: It will be pretty good that they becomes silents, more sensitive (like in expert), and that their noises when walking be more like Garrett's footsteps.

See you.

Urbatain.

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but editing the physicssound file works for me. The bodies fall in a more realistic fashion, and aren't as bouncy as they were before. It could be an issue that affects only certain computers, but it definitely does work.

Umm... just a very small change... but the download link you gave on your thread for the reskinned Garrett is down... The original thread has a link that works... Not like this is some major thing you must fix now... but... I thought you might want to know.

-Stele007
    "Death's a certain thing. Find myself in darkest places; find myself drifting away, and the other world -- the other world appears."
    -And Then There Was Silence

Is there anyway to implement rent? I mean, people are complaining (myself included) that you've always got too much money, a nice way of getting rid of it could be to take an amount away each day to pay the rent (and food and other stuff).

Make the AI search longer

Is it possible to make the AI search for longer once they are in full alert.

Or how about getting the Museum level of AI for other stages in the game ?

Thanks,
    hEK
    Last edited by hEKTOR; 14th Jul 2004 at 11:08.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 381318192021222324252627 LastLast