TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Randy Smith's Older Bro Submits FM! McLeod's Revenge - 2004.06.03

Silent_Warrior

I had to load a saved game to get out. I was trapped where I found the water key because

spoiler:
    I did not unlock the gate before I went in.

By the way, does anyone have any idea why the dead end place is there? (On the way out)

I completed the mission. Yes, it was quite interesting. I enjoyed the game. Can't wait for the next one.

Thanx to the oldguy

H. Vincent
    Last edited by Hope Vincent; 5th Jun 2004 at 02:00. Reason: Forgot something

all over the place at the beginning...and either i am too tired...or there is a really good challenge here...How the heck do i get in this place? both guards KO'd and no keys, no hidden anything that i can find....HELP!

Nil8hate
    spoiler:
    walk up the ramp and wait for a lift to descend, then jump on and go for a ride.

Need some help myself.
    spoiler:
    I've found all talismans except the fire one. I have 2 keys: dark red and blue. I've read in other posts that there's a third key-i think it might open the gate guarded by the 2 helmeted mechs-but can't seem to find it. I'm playing on normal if that makes a difference.

Any help would be great,

thanks

Dreamer

Hi,

spoiler:
    The orange key is near the gate gaurded by the helmeted Mech's.

Did anyone open the hugh door near where the fire key was? Also, the tall wooden door near where the two helmeted Mech's are guarding the other door?

Thanx,

H. Vincent

Hope Vincent
    Thanks for the info on the key, i found it and the fire talisman.
    spoiler:
    I couldn't open the door near the fire talisman but i think the wooden door near the mechs is opened by placing rubble you find in a couple of the graves in the graveyard onto a pressure pillar in another grave.

Thanks for the very enjoyable FM oldweird

Ok. This is my status so far:

spoiler:
    3 keys (orange, blue, red), two talismans (fire in the water right before the three haunts area, earth in the hole between the two haunts near the cemetery), opened the big wooden door along with several others, but i can't open the door leadind to the flaming rocks in the water, on the same side of the water talisman.

So, i need help finding
    spoiler:
    any other key needed, the other two talismans and the eye. I know where to go at the end of the missions. At this time, i beg for solid spoilers, not hints please. The level is big and i'm getting tired of going arround in circles.

Very nice fm, who remember me The Enterprise somehow...

hi Alfisdrake, to get to the Talisman of air you need to go into
    spoiler:
    the water by the cemetary, and there, it is a long swim, so keep an eye for the breath potion, and when you reach the area you will see a huge pedestal where on top it has the talisman. Behind the pedestal, it has two ghosts. Sneak up behind one and use your sword, and the other same way.

Once you did that use your rope arrow and look up there
    spoiler:
    is a balcony climb up and jump on the pedestal, from there come down, go to the far end of the area, opposite from the pedestal, you must swim, and you will see a rope, climb it, there you will see two haunts, jump to the other side of them until you reach the other side. Then use your fire arrows on them, and
    viola, done. dont go back where the talisman of air is located. you will not survive the swim. all you do, use a rope arrow to
    spoiler:
    the balcony above where the eye was located and climb up and continue.

I hope this is sutle enough for you. or enough hints for you to continue
    Silent_Warrior

Well Done!!! Not my favourite type of FM but I enjoyed figuring out through the puzzles anyway. The use of fire in water reminded me of oil spills!!! Got killed a few times climbing/descending the extended ropes and letting go of them was sometimes a chore.
    spoiler:
    Couldn't figure out what to do with the gray key that I found behind the safe. Was this a key to some easter egg?

Thanks!!! I can't believe i miss this spot . Now the mission is complete with all the loot.

Just Friends Part 1, here i go...

Help!

OK,

spoiler:
    Have the red and orange keys and the water and earth talismans. The hints above are not enough for me to find the Air talisman. So, where's the blue key, the air talisman, and fire talisman (and eye)? (Or at least get me started down the path to some of these.)

spoiler:
    OK, found the air talisman and the eye. Now, I just need the blue key, fire talisman, and exit.

Thanks!
    Last edited by prjames; 6th Jun 2004 at 16:53. Reason: (Updated)

prjames:
    spoiler:
    The blue key is below a book in the room with the dead body. You can't see it, but is there. The fire talisman is in the patch of fire between some rocks in the area just before the three haunts room with the safe and the fireplace. For the air talisman and the eye, go to the area with all the zombies, and go to the far middle part of the square water pool. In the bottom you will find a tunnel. Just follow it, and don't miss the potions on your way or you're not gonna make it. From here you can't miss what you're looking for. If you follow the path, you will find the air talisman, the water one and the eye.

Good luck with your swimming...

spoiler:
    The exit is VERY close to the blue key. VERY.

Thanks. Figured it out on my own.

i just keep running around at the beginning...i got in...and basically that is it..... have swum back and forth, have KO'd everyone, (i think)...but cant find any way to get into those doors in the back.... a big nudge would be appreciated! or maybe a map?

A quick question: Does the level architecture ever change? I've gotten to the second section and running around rectangle/square rooms with the same texture everywhere is really starting to hurt my eyes. (Hint: Banners would be nice if this map is ever updated.)

Bump

looks like Mcleahn has same question as myself....

Nil8hate
    spoiler:
    Are the doors you're near the ones with a couple of torches above them? I think they're the ones near the light/alarm switch. If so then take a closer look at the torches.

further spoiler

spoiler:
    frob one of the torches and the doors should open

Dreamer...you would think that as much thieven' as i have done, that i would have figured that one out!!!

playwme

helpppppppppppp

ok...guess to long at work...cant find what i need to find.
    I am in the basement...normal level.
    found the red key.
    go behind the generator and find a hidden entrance...but how to open?
    got the stones in the hole to open the wooden door.
    how to open the door the two gold and green guys are guarding?
    how to open the door where the fire is?

time to drink a beer and go to bed....

brent

yikes...how hard can this really be?

have read all the posts...and still cannot find the
    spoiler:
    blue key, orange key, fire talisman
    looked all over the
    spoiler:
    room with the dead guy, the one with the secret passage i cannot open, frobbed the book over and over and still no key...found a reddish colored one...but, but, but

cannot find
    spoiler:
    basement with safe and haunts...

i have the water, earth, and air talismans

Could use some specific instructions!

Nil8hate
    For the blue key and fire talisman:
    spoiler:
    In the graveyard have you placed the rubble you find in 2 of the graves onto the pillar in another grave? I think this opens the wooden door on the opposite side of the sewer and down the end. Go thru this door and for a swim and you will get to the area with the fire talisman, haunts and the room with the safe, which is where you find the blue key

For the orange key
    spoiler:
    i think it's on one of the mechs guarding the metal door in the basement opposite the graveyard

thanks dreamer

i did do that...and have been down there...but will go check it out again!

edit:

well checked it out again....
    spoiler:
    and all i find is an invisibility potion and a health potion....are you talking about the area behind the wood door that raises...with the long halllway and water tunnel you swin into with a grate and a pile of bones?

Quote Originally Posted by nil8hate
    well checked it out again....
    This caught me out as well - you need to
    spoiler:
    look at the ceiling carefully in the area where you find the invisibility and health potions

playwme

orange key

i looked in the prison....no luck
    found the safe and the blue key.

How do you end this mission?

I've achieved all of the objectives and, since I read in an earlier post that the way out is very close to the blue key, I am behind the wall in the tunnel behind where I found that key. I am looking up a tall shaft with what I presume to be an elevator, but I can't find any buttons to call the elevator down. Am I blind, or is there a secret to calling the elevator?

Thanks!

TJ

Can't Find FM

Would love to try this mission but the primary link doesn't work. ThiefMissions doesn't seem to have it either? Some Mirrors please!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast