TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bare Arms And Thievery Don't Mix (DOWNLOAD NOW!)

Bare Arms And Thievery Don't Mix (DOWNLOAD NOW!)

I repainted Garrett's arms and hands to look more like what I think a master thief would wear. Arms reflect light better than cloth, and showing off his arms would make Garrett more visible to guards. I think Garrett would more realistically wear something like this, and, logic aside, I think this looks a whole lot cooler:

This isn't just some ten-minute job, I spent over 20 hours completely repainting the textures and normal maps for Garrett's arms. As a result, they will dynamically reflect light from the wrinkles in the sleeves, just like the rest of Garrett's outfit.

You can download the new textures here.

You'll need to insert the textures yourself (step-by-step directions for doing this are included in the README file.) I will take a shot at making a stand-alone installer for this, but that takes time, and I wanted this to be available for you guys as quickly as possible

Enjoy! If you have any technical problems with this, let me know.
    Last edited by Zorodius; 30th Jun 2004 at 00:36. Reason: Removed a mirror that was down

Nice. Very subtile change, but brings definitely some improvement in looks.

Now how about some sort of skimask for Garretts face
    Last edited by GRRRR; 11th Jun 2004 at 04:40. Reason: typo Ololz

Eb.
    This is excellent, I'm very impressed. Good work.

I'm SURE we'll get someone bitching about how he looks more like Sam Fischer (the Splinter Cell guy) than ever now, but what can you do?

NOTE: The file: content/T3/maps/kernelGFXALL.ibt was set to read only on my system and I had to make it writeable for DXTool to work. I'm not sure if this is standard but you may want to add it to the readme file?

Awesome work. Totally agree that she should have as much skin covered as possible, with black or darkish clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eb.
    NOTE: The file: content/T3/maps/kernelGFXALL.ibt was set to read only on my system and I had to make it writeable for DXTool to work. I'm not sure if this is standard but you may want to add it to the readme file?
    Glad to hear you got it working! Has anyone else encountered this?

I'm SURE we'll get someone bitching about how he looks more like Sam Fischer
    At least he looks less like Conan the Barbarian now

This is really nice work Zorodius, I'll be downloading it when I get home from work.

I'll get right on installing this now. Very nice work.

Is it okay if I love you forever and ever and ever for this? Awesome work.

Quote Originally Posted by Domarius
    Totally agree that she should have as much skin covered as possible
    "She"...?!

Anyway, what if you don't want Garrett so covered up? What do you do then?

Actually perhaps I should keep my sick fantasies to myself

Dark Sky

That looks very nice, if I didn't know better I'd swear that was the way it he was meant to be.
    CrashTranslation

On the box covers, the (brown for TDP) gloves completely cover his hands. The climbing gloves are also shown as full (brown) gloves. Would it be possible to do an optional, more canonically correct version? /appeal

Great work though, hated those "kewl" bare arms.

Fun! Excellent work.

I second the call to cover up Garrett’s face - for someone who is never seen his mug is plastered all over the place. It is the one thing about the cut scenes that piss me off. Garrett the master thief, the
    spoiler:
    true keeper
    who can pick any lock, break any bank, clear out
    spoiler:
    a thief proof museum
    , has saved the world and stolen for gods... all while keeping the silkey smooth skin of a young up and coming twenty something!
    Last edited by Raven; 12th Jun 2004 at 15:04.

Looks wonderful! I still don't understand why they didn't give him long sleeves in the game

Hey this is great, very well done, nice subtle touch, makes him look more complete.
    Here is my contribution!

Aha, sorry about that "she" thing - typo Obviously.

...has saved the world and stolen for gods... all while keeping the slickly smooth skin of a young up and coming twenty something!
    Yeah! For the masses no doubt. It's no fun playing as someone over 25, everybody knows that people aged 18 to 25 are the coolest...

Why don't we make him a teenage boy with a mean look on his face and messy hair held up in large unrealistic spikes (with copious amounts of hair gel no doubt).

And the love interest/side kick can be a young blonde girl with her hair in a pony tail and white baggy pants and a top that shows her midrift.
    Don't forget, she uses magic because she's too girly to hold a weapon.

Honestly, I'm sick of those cliche's.

Nice work with the stubble. Too bad his face shape is still stuck as being young.

Good work; I'm using the altered sleeves/gloves now. Definitely adds to the feel when I see my hands working on picking a lock.

Is there a mirror for this download?

I dunno, try the link in the first post?

Just download JohnP's new thief DS textures, it has the same new Garrett skin

Quote Originally Posted by Mugla
    I dunno, try the link in the first post?
    The person who hosted it was out of bandwidth at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by KuBiLaY17
    Just download JohnP's new thief DS textures, it has the same new Garrett skin
    You mean the high-res textures? Does anyone have screenshots of those? I'm curious to see what they look like. I guess I can always install them.

Yeah i mean those those are very cool, check out his site for screenshots.
    http://www.graphics-by-john-p.com/textures/Thief-DS/
    you can also compare them

Wow, those seem to have come out rather nicely.
    Last edited by Septa Scarabae; 18th Apr 2005 at 18:14.

Broken Link

This file link and the one on the Huge list of modifications is completely broken.

First, Because the owner of the site the file is hosted on doesn't pay for his bandwidth.

Second, Just because the file is 2 years old doesn't mean it shouldn't be accessed.

Art is Art. Like paintings that are lost. Same applies for game art my friends. Please revive the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Gixbit View Post
    This file link and the one on the Huge list of modifications is completely broken.

First, Because the owner of the site the file is hosted on doesn't pay for his bandwidth.

Second, Just because the file is 2 years old doesn't mean it shouldn't be accessed.

Art is Art. Like paintings that are lost. Same applies for game art my friends. Please revive the link.
    If you want Garrett with arms, just download John P's texture pack. It has Garrett with sleeves. And a taffload of others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast