TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lord Ashton Series FM 5: In Search of Leon (Nov 5, 2002)

Lord Ashton Series FM 5: In Search of Leon (Nov 5, 2002)

There's absolutely no text anywhere: no objectives, books are empty...even diary is...

Is this meant to be??!

Download at Thiefmissions.com
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 12th Jun 2012 at 11:12. Reason: added download link

yes - the mission is only in german at the moment - that means, you will only be able to read the text, when you play with the german version of thief 2. I will update the mission, when I get the english translation.

aha, then I'll have to wait... but i sure like what I've seen already... (even without text...)

Thank you

I've just completed the translation. I'm very sorry for the delay.

What are the mission objectives? And how can I oepn the door in the tower near to the sparing room?

Lachdanan

Thiefmissions.com

You can get the version with both English and German text here: http://thief.math.uh.edu/missions/In_Search_of_Leon.zip
    - J<

Thank you very much for the translation, Kyloe

@ Lachdanan
    Search for the key of this door
    spoiler:
    in the room with the swimming pool

Christine....thanks for the great (as usual) mission. I'm about 15 minutes into it and I am thoroughly enjoying it. You have consistently created among the best FMs and I appreciate the time and effort that you've put into them. Also thanks to whoever did the translation for this ( and the other) missions.

great mission!

excellent job Christine! that was very fun!
    what a teaser for part 6 tho lol

Cant wait!

I must be missing something somewhere Playing on Expert- I can't find the book! It's the last objective I need.

Christine- I just want to say, I absolutely love your architecture. Are the books/bookshelves new? It's only a small thing, but I liked them a lot. And some of the places you put loot- tricky tricky But I like it.

Fun mission! Heck, fun series And I like the series...I like a continuing story, because I like to see 'what happens next?'! Great job!

~Shaz

*EDIT* I also want to thank you, Kyloe, for translating these! It's greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Christine for the clue. But I have got the French version of Thief. And I can't read the objectives. Can I use the English version?

Shaz:

Take a look around in the library of Hrothgar and look at the bookshelves

Whre is the key exactly in the swimming pool room
    Last edited by Lachdanan; 6th Nov 2002 at 07:12.

Thanks Lachdanan, I thought it had to be in there (I kept hearing noises behind one) and I went up and down every row twice. Guess I still managed to miss whatever it is! (*EDIT* And HOW in the WORLD did I manage to miss it so many times? Argh- thank you! lol)

And for that key
    spoiler:
    It's not in the pool....it's on the backside, on the floor between the curtains of one of the 'windows'.

Get the English version (since you can't read French) so you can enjoy it more

~Shaz
    Last edited by Shaz; 6th Nov 2002 at 07:37.

Thank you all, I'm glad that you liked the mission

@ Lachdanan

The new version on Epithumia's Site is German and English - like my previous missions. As far as I know, Darkloader will pick up the English textes.

The key is
    spoiler:
    on the floor near the window in front of the door (the window in the middle)

And I finished! But now I have to go back to find the missing loot...I only managed 5826 out of 6471. Hmm...Wonder if it's something kind of obvious because I was really checking the nooks and crannies

~Shaz

Thanks to everyone. But I have bought the French version to improve my French

That's the reason, why I have bought me the english Version of the game last month

@ Shaz

Have you been in the small room with
    spoiler:
    the covered chairs?

Yes Christine- Repeatedly. I just *know* there's something in there, but I can't find it! I guess it's just my day for missing things, hehe. I'll go back and check ...again!

~Shaz

look for a
    spoiler:
    small lever near the lamp

Hi Christine...as I said in your other post about upcoming Missions...here is my question on this one. I believe I may have seen an answer to one of my problems...will go back and check Library more closely...however I'm miissing lots of loot? I have found over $2K but need about 2K more...can't imagine where I've missed it...I can't even find the way to the room with the Guitar music...do I need to get through all the guard towers upstairs? I found pretty much I think downstairs except I didn't shoot the targets in training room...got the loot in there without disturbing our training guard however and other places around...got the one guard patroling upstairs for his purse but had a little run-in earlier with them all as I was hiding (I thought) in the darkened area of the stairwell, but all four of them got to the doorway at once and made some of them to close to me so I was discovered Ran a heck of a chase using flashbombs and still took some damage as I would get into the wrong place before taking off again. Thankfully, LOL, I had opened the front gate already and managed to get there and jump into the water to escape Back up the tunnel and I'm hunting again

So if you please...could you tell me if indeed there is some area that can only be accessed through the guard towers on top or is there some secret panel I've missed?
    Thanks and Good Hunting!
    It's not how you win, it's how you play the game! HAVE FUN!

Hi, the Fire Eater,
    in the main hall, near the
    spoiler:
    mech statue are the stairs to the first floor - here you will find most of the loot

Have you been in the bedroom of Sir Hrothgar? Look at the
    spoiler:
    bookshelves - one of the book will highlight, it will open the secret-door to the treasure-room

I hope it helpes you

Hi Christine...yea that will help a lot I'm sure... I was by the Mech statue but didn't see a stairway up..? If the Lord's bedroom was on the main floor and he was standing by a fireplace...I was in there also but didn't notice bookshelves...I thought someone wrote about a Library and searching bookshelves in there also? However, I'll go back around in there and take another look-see and thank you so much for a quick reply Ta and Good Hunting!

!BUG-report!

First of all, a very cool mission, naturally.

I have had a little problem with it, though. I loaded my last quicksave comepletly unsuspecting when suddenly the mission ended accusing me of murder. This however is most unlikely since I was diving for a prison key in the pool at that time.
    I have no idea what could have caused this, perhaps one of the guards fell off the wall or something (it was no innocent btw).
    It's not that bad for me because I only played the level only for about 20 minutes so far. Later on this could get annoying for a almost-only-quick-save player like me.

btw where can I get mission number 7?

I can only set the objective don't kill anyone - the 7th mission isn't released

Mission Completed Thanks Christine...that was a good ole fashioned trip around the Mansion and some nice added surprises..heh, heh...got zapped the first time even though I knew/saw it...but just didn't play it right LOL Ended with $5822..so not too bad for my way of playing...don't search for every nickel...I could have gotten a couple more candle sticks...but I wasted two water arrows..my invis and one body discovery if I'd of kept it...so I didn't Me and Leon are now having a brew at the Ole Crippled Burrick in celebration and his nice recovery! LOL Now for the 6th installment soon to be available since it's in beta testing Ta and Good Hunting!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast